World of Paragons

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » World of Paragons » Knights of Hinansho » Suko And Chidori: Aftermath, Recovery And Judgment!

Suko And Chidori: Aftermath, Recovery And Judgment!

Posts 1 to 28 of 28

Thunder erupted in the skies. Lightning flashed. The wind howled. Rain poured down in sheets. Two figures fought for supremacy as the storm raged around them. The sweat and blood on their faces washed away by the rain. Their faces were flushed with anger and determination as they lay into each other but it was obvious which one would win. The younger girl deflected the attacks from her opponent and unleashed a string of brutally attacks on her in the form of her killer combo: Rising Dragon Smash! It started with a lightning fast continuous series of brutal elbow strikes to her face and lower jaw while she continuously advanced on her, followed by her leaning down and smashing a double punch into her face and stomach simultaneously, then she leaped into the air, grabbed her head and pulled her head down into a knee strike into her face driven right between her eyes! She still wasn't done however and she followed this up with an elbow drop to her head followed by a rising uppercut to her face and a knee into her stomach. She followed this up by grabbing her head again, pulled it up, reared back and headbutted her head into her face! As Suko fell back, Chidori dropped down into a boxing stance, moved back and forth rapidly and then she stepped in and began throwing rapid fire full force hooks and straights and uppercuts and overhand punches with her full bodyweight behind them!

Suko was being completely thrashed by her machinegun punches and her body jerked around back and forth from the sheer power of the assault that Chidori was unleashing on her! Every hit was like a hammer across her face from a heavyweight boxer! But even in the middle of this all out furious assault she was able to catch herself and her footing and her hand snatched up and caught her wrist and twisted it before she drove a palm strike into Chidori's face! Chidori recoiled momentarily but she soon stepped back in and slipped away from the punch and moved in and slammed one more punch right into Suko's face hard enough to force her to release her hand! Screaming in rage, Chidori rushed in and continued her attack! Suko screamed back and retaliated in turn! They threw both attacks back and forth at each other neither side giving an inch! They blocked and countered each other's attacks while delivering their own hits and then retaliating in turn.

Despite all of the damage she has accumulated over the course of their fight Suko is able to patiently defend while deflecting Chidori's punches, catch her leg and then step in and drive a knifehand strike into Chidori's throat! Chidori coughed and backed away and Suko used this chance to step in and drive a kick into her solar plexus to further mess up her breathing! Suko didn't even hesitate to turn and drive another kick into her again before kicking her across the face with a crescent kick! Chidori turned around and fell on her face gasping for breath. Suko smirked, walked up to her and grabbed her into a rear naked choke! Her arm encircled Chidori's neck while the other arm grasped her bicep. She began to squeeze as hard as she could as Chidori desperately grasped at her arm. "It's over. It's over. Good try dear but it's over." She whispered in Chidori's ear. Calmly, soothingly, motherly, like a lullaby. "You are going to die here and then I will carve you open." Chidori grasped at her arm digging her nails into Suko's leather costume. Her vision was beginning to blur. "Don't fret now. Death comes for us all. Just like it will come for your mother...after I'm done here."

Chidori's eyes opened wide again and she fell backwards, grabbed Suko's arm and forced it off of herself just enough that she could slip out of her grip and roll away. Chidori fell to the ground, rubbing her throat and gasping for breath, desperately sucking in air as Suko got up behind her. She looked at her arm in confusion and surprise that Chidori could break her grip but decided it didn't matter. She ran right at Chidori and kicked her in the side while she was down! Chidori yelled out in pain and she was sent rolling across the ground. She tried to get back up but that was when Suko kicked her in the face again while she was off balance and sent her stumbling to the left, blood dribbling from her mouth. She closed in and threw a haymaker punch at Chidori's head but she turned and managed to block it with her forearm and then turned it and pushed it away. Suko attacked her with a double kick that Chidori shut down and then she went with a series of punches aimed at Chidori that she slipped until Suko finally caught her on the side of the face, grabbed Chidori, bent her over and began repeatedly elbowing her in the back and kneeing her in the stomach, every single hit causing explosive pain to the poor girl, until she eventually chose to end it and throw Chidori aside. Chidori rolled with the fall however and got back on her foot and one knee. Blood was flowing down her back and stomach and mouth from the knife wounds and physical blows she'd endured from this crazed madwoman but her eyes were still aflame with determination even as Suko approached her with murder in her eyes.

"Oh don't look at me like that my dear, you should be happy. You're going to see daddy again."

Chidori closed her eyes and the rain slowed to a crawl. The thunder grew quiet. Suko faded away and Chidori placed her hands on the ground.

(Well...I've tried everything else. This is the only trick I've got left. Alright then. Time to see if Ken's private lessons paid off. Breathe. Focus. Focus. Remember. Remember your lessons that day. Remember...where to strike. Remember...how to strike.)

Her eyes snapped open again and she looked back up at Suko stepping in and delivering a powerful haymaker punch aimed straight at her face only for Chidori to reach up, catch her arm and then with her other arm she raised her fist up and struck at the exact point on Suko's bicep. At that exact moment Suko felt a shock run down her arm down to her fingertips and her arm seized up. "Wh-what?"

Chidori groaned in pain as she pulled herself up to her feet and glared at her.

"What...what did you do?" Suko asked in confusion. "HEY! ANSWER ME!" She struck at her with her good arm but her balance was off so Chidori just side-stepped it, grabbed her wrist and hit the spot again causing the exact same paralysis to take her other arm! "What...h-how...how did...no. No. Nonono...he...already taught you...that?"

"Dragon Kai Martial Arts Pressure Points." Chidori explained to her. "A Gift From Kenshiro." She wiped the blood from her mouth and caught her breath and raised her fists.

Suko's disbelief gave way to rezignation and then acceptance. She knew exactly what was coming and just how much it was going to hurt. Finally having her enemy right where she wanted her, Chidori let her rage wash over her again and began to drive her punches and kicks into her opponent with full force, all of her power released at once, holding absolutely nothing back! Her opponent's costume tore and ripped and she even heard her bones starting to crack as the young girl continued to absolutely throttle her until finally she fell to the cold hard wet ground. The young girl immediately jumped on her, grabbed her by the shirt and began ruthlessly hammering her face into the ground. Ruthlessly, relentlessly unloading on her enemy. Her face grimacing in anger as tears poured from her eyes. Blood splashed onto the ground and her face and she just.kept.going! Almost completely losing herself in her blind rage towards the hated enemy she once considered her friend.

All the things she said, all of the warm smiles, the kindness, those long talks, the happiness they spent at the restaurant, a damn lie. All of it a damn lie! She smiled like a friend to them while she slaughtered innocent people behind their backs and she smiled over it like nothing was ever fucking wrong!

She finally stopped hitting her and grabbed Suko by her neck and began to squeeze it. "You....fucking....animal...you f-f-cuking....t-traitor....FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!" She screamed. "FUCKING DIE YOU ANIMAL! YOU MONSTER! YOU MANIAC! YOU...YOU...you...I-I...." Her grip loosened and Suko gasped for breath again as Chidori stared at the broken and bloody mess she'd reduced her too. "I...Oh...God...wh-what did I..."

"....Couldn't do it huh?" Suko choked out before grasping a fallen knife and swinging it at her. Chidori saw it coming in time though and managed to get her arm in the way. She screamed in pain as the knife sank into her flesh and she rolled off of Suko. She fell on her stomach and grabbed her arm while they rolled around on the ground while Suko gasped for breath. They stayed like that for a minute before Chidori slowly climbed back up to her feet, grimaced in pain and pulled the knife out of her arm and turned to face Suko. The blood drenched knife in her hand.

Suko rolled over onto her stomach and spat blood onto the ground and grinned at her. "That's it...go ahead...do it. Come on, Chinatsu. Finish it."

Chidori stood over her and raised the knife. She could do it. She could stop her. Put an end to her right here and now. The way she had killed so many others. Make her feel the same suffering her victims felt.

"Go on. It'll feel good. I promise."

Chidori stepped closer and reared her arm back. She could do it. She could do it. She could put an end to her madness once and for all. Avenge her victims. Send her to Hell where she belonged. She could cut her heart right out! Nobody would stop her! Nobody would blame her! Nobody would know!

Nobody...except them. Chidori and Suko stared each other down and she slowly lowered her arm and tossed the knife away.

Suko sighed with disappointment. "Just trying to bring you into my world."

"Fuck off. I'm nothing like you and I never will be." Chidori retorted and grabbed her bleeding arm instead.

"Disappointing....I really thought you had the balls for it." She coughed out blood. "Doesn't matter...I know you, Chinatsu. My sweet little Chinatsu. I know you...and them." She rose up onto her knee unsteady but facing her now. "I know you...I know your family...your friends....where you go to school. It doesn't matter what prison you put me in. I'll get out. No matter how long it takes. I'll come back, you hear me? And I will kill them all. Hiro, Toki, Hawky, Amaya, Ichika, The Kiriyama's....and your mother?" She smiled. "Oh I'll take my time killing her." She coughed and hacked. "I'll kill her and paint the walls with her blood! You know I will! I'll kill all of them, Chi-Bird! Do you hear me? I will kill them all and make them scream and cry and curse your name!"

"BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS, BITCH!" Chidori erupted and grabbed Suko's shirt again. "Scream and cry and throw your little fucking tantrums all you want! You will NEVER destroy who I am! You're going to prison and you are going to rot away for the rest of your fucking life! Knowing that every god forsaken breath you take from this moment onward is a gift from me! I want you remember that, Chifumi! I want you to remember my hands on your throat!" She leaned in close so that they were face to face now. "I want you to remember the fucking highschool girl you beat you! You remember that you psycho! You were brought down by a damn kid! I BEAT YOU! I BROKE YOU AND I DID IT WITHOUT STOOPING TO YOUR LEVEL!" Chidori screamed in her face again.

Lightning flashed overhead and Chidori could see her face clearly. All of her humanity was stripped away and Suko Chifumi's expression was now a reflection of the sheer emptiness and raw, hateful malevolence that's always been at the core of this sick, sick person. Chidori rose up higher and dragged Suko up to her level.

"You've lost sicko. You've lost and you have the rest of your miserable life to reflect on that. Fuck it! Go ahead and tell everyone that I'm Kamen Brawler. That you were beaten by a kid. It'll be blood in the water. Everyone will know what a pathetic little waste you really are then." Even if, by some fucking sadistic twist of fate you come back? There'll be still blood in the water. You'll have nowhere to go. No one to turn to. Nobody to help you and enemies all around you. All of us will be waiting for you. I will be waiting for you. Pull whatever dirty underhanded tricks you want. You will never win, do you hear me?! I will always be here to stop you! Every fucking time. You will never break me, you got that, shithead? You will never win!" Chidori shoved her away, backhanded her across the face and crane-kicked her to the ground! Suko crashed down hard on it completely broken. The storm died down and the clouds began clearing overhead.

"Justice is served." She walked away while holding her bleeding arm towards the broken and cracked biker helmet she'd been using while hunting the killer.

"This...this isn't....you can't just...d-don't you walk away from me!" Suko spat blood onto the ground. "Come back here! I'll kill you do you hear me? Get back here and finish this! Chinatsu! CHINATSU!" She cried out as the sirens cut through the night sky en route to them. "CHINATSU! COME BACK! I'LL KILL YOU! DO YOU HEAR ME?! DON'T YOU WALK AWAY FROM ME!" Suko Chifumi tried to rise up again only for her body to collapse from her injuries. "Chinatsu....come back! Come back!"

Chidori placed the helmet back on her head turned around and flipped her off then walked away. She kicked up the bat she'd used earlier, caught it and left the scene, leaving Suko to her own pain and misery.

"CHINATSUUUUUUUUUU!"

Chidori staggered through the streets, the adrenaline rush wearing off and her injuries finally catching up to her. Her vision began blurring and the world spun around her. The world began to grow dark as a lone figure began rushing towards her. She collapsed into her arms.

"A canary sings

A cradle song

Sleep, sleep,

Sleep, child.

Above the cradle,

The loquat fruits sway

Sleep, sleep,

Sleep, child.

A squirrel rocks

The cradle by its rope

Sleep, sleep,

Sleep, child!

Dreams in a cradle,

With the yellow moon shining down

Sleep, sleep,

Sleep, child."

Chidori's eyes fluttered open and she looked around the room. She was in a...bedroom. Her room? No. Someone else. Where was she? Someone was singing? Who was it? It was so...comforting. Soothing. It almost put her right back to sleep. It sounded just like

"Mom?" Chidori asked weakly.

"Morning Sunshine." Hiro replied. "Nice to see you awake again. How are you feeling?"

"Where? What? How did I?"

"We found you wondering the streets looking like you were just attacked. So, that's the official story. I probably don't need to tell you this but...they got her. The Slasher. It was...Suko. Suko Chifumi." Hiro was quiet for a moment to let that sink in. "She hasn't said who beat her down, some crazy vigilante or one of her victims fought back. We're not sure." Hiro took the broken helmet out from a bag and placed it on a coffee table next to her futon. "I'm not going to criticize you for it or anything, but, I still want to know what happened. When you're ready. Rest assured though. Your secret will be safe with us." She smiled.

Chidori tried to sit up but her body clearly wasn't listening so she went back down. She looked at her body. From what she could tell she'd been treated very well while she was out. She was currently covered in bandages after all.

"I'm impressed by how fast you're healing but you still need to rest."

"How long have I been out?"

"About a day now. Don't worry your family knows."

"Hiro...c-can I...h-have a hug? I need a hug."

"Of course." Hiro leaned down and gently embraced her and Chidori broke down crying into tears while hugging her back.

All kinds of emotions poured out of Chidori. She cried for the loss of life at Suko's hands. She cried for the betrayal of the older woman she considered her friend. She cried for last night's nightmarish fight. She cried for the pain they all felt. She cried for the loss of innocence. She cried for the darkness that gripped her heart last night. She cried from the relief that the nightmare was over. Finally, she cried from joy that her friends were still so close to her.

Eventually, after shedding far too many tears, she finally laid back. "Th-thanks...Hiro. I-I needed that." She sniffled. Hiro wiped her shoulder with a tissue and then offered one to her. She wiped her eyes and then helped her blow her nose. She helped wipe her down some more and balled up the handkerchief's.

"You're welcome, Chi-Bird. Don't you worry about a thing, now alright? I'm always going to be here for you." Hiro assured her. "Are you ready to talk about it yet?"

"Uhm...n-no. Not just yet. I'm going to need some more rest first." Chidori replied.

"Of course. Take your time." Hiro replied gently. "Can I get you anything?"

"...Garlic Butter?"

"Uhh..Garlic Butter?

"No. Yes. Uhm, Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes. Mango Pineapple Coconut Milk Smoothie. If...if that's not too much to ask."

"Hey, hey, nothing is too much to ask from the local hero." Hiro replied. "We'll whip that right up."

"Cool. Thank you. It, uh, it has everything I need to recover. Give me another few hours of sleep and I'll be ready to eat. I-I think I'll be able to talk then. I just...need to rest a bit. How are the others? Do they know yet?"

"Everybody's found out by now and they're all coping with what happened in their own ways." Hiro informed her. "The news about what happened, about her, hit everyone extremely hard though. She might've been a monster but she was a very public monster."

"I know. She was a socialite and the restaurant was extremely popular with tourists and the public. News like this would hit everyone hard." Chidori acknowledged. "Fuck. I'll need to call up my co-workers later. They're going to be in the thick of this." She tried to sit up again but once more her body just wasn't cooperating. Not after the beating she took. Not with these knife wounds. Not after how hard she pushed herself in that fight. She was bedridden until she healed. Chidori could already feel sleep approaching her again and closed her eyes. "Hey, Hiro? I need...another favor."

"Sure. Anything. What is it?"

"Inspector Wakamura. I need to talk to her. Soon. Whenever I'm able to move again. Let her know...not everyone...involved. Just Suko. Only her." She began drifting off to sleep. "They aren't like her. They can't be."

Hiro nodded and rested her head against Chidori's gently. "It's okay, Chinatsu. It's okay. It will all be okay. I promise. We'll get it taken care of. You just rest now, alright?" Hiro sat back up and adjusted Chidori's blanket and pillow so she could rest properly and she quietly walked out of the bedroom.

Hanzo and Hana were waiting outside and they stood up  as Hiro exited her room.

"How is she?" Hana asked concerned.

"She's stable but she's going to need a lot of rest. Suko really did a number on her." She stepped away from the door and crossed the room and sat down on a sofa and ran her fingers through her hair. "Not just physically either. But also mentally. She's going to need our help, all of us, and a lot of time to recover from this."

"We're here for her and each other." Han assured his sister.

"That's right. None of us are going to be dealing with this alone. We'll all stand together and show that slimeball that she can't break us!" Hana added.

"You're too right, my beloved siblings." She reached up and embraced both of them. "We won't break. We'll rise above what she did to us and take Chidori's hand in ours as we lead her back into the light with us."

"She won't die. Not from those little wounds." Han assured her. "Chidori is going to be just fine."

"She's tough as nails. These won't keep her down for long."

"That's right."

The siblings hugged each other and then Hiro let go and stood up. "In the meantime our House Guest has requested a meal and we are going to provide."

"Cool. What's the dish?"

"Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes and a Mango Pineapple Coconut Milk Smoothie."

Hana laughed. "That's quite a wacky order but I'll help. I can whip up the drink in no time and then I'll help you guys with the main dish."

"We'll work together on that in the meantime."

"Right. Lets get to work guys!"

"Yeah!"

The trio hurried to the kitchen to work on their guest's dish.

While the siblings were having some fun cooking up a storm for their guest, Chidori Chinatsu continued to sleep off her injuries in the bedroom. As she continued to sleep away the day a strange squelching and cracking sound could be heard from her body. Almost as if her body was working to put itself back together. She stirred and groaned in her sleep from the noise but she did not wake up. "Mama..." She mumbled. Even stranger, her bod began to sweat and produce wisps of steam amidst all of her tossing and turning.

The siblings were in the middle of their meal when a computerized voice spoke up overhead. "Attention, Hiro! Attention, Hiro! We have a situation in The Guests Room. Her temperature is rising rapidly and her body is emitting steam!" ARIA informed them!

All kinds of emotions poured out of Chidori. She cried for the loss of life at Suko's hands. She cried for the betrayal of the older woman she considered her friend. She cried for last night's nightmarish fight. She cried for the pain they all felt. She cried for the loss of innocence. She cried for the darkness that gripped her heart last night. She cried from the relief that the nightmare was over. Finally, she cried from joy that her friends were still so close to her.

Eventually, after shedding far too many tears, she finally laid back. "Th-thanks...Hiro. I-I needed that." She sniffled. Hiro wiped her shoulder with a tissue and then offered one to her. She wiped her eyes and then helped her blow her nose. She helped wipe her down some more and balled up the handkerchief's.

"You're welcome, Chi-Bird. Don't you worry about a thing, now alright? I'm always going to be here for you." Hiro assured her. "Are you ready to talk about it yet?"

"Uhm...n-no. Not just yet. I'm going to need some more rest first." Chidori replied.

"Of course. Take your time." Hiro replied gently. "Can I get you anything?"

"...Garlic Butter?"

"Uhh..Garlic Butter?

"No. Yes. Uhm, Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes. Mango Pineapple Coconut Milk Smoothie. If...if that's not too much to ask."

"Hey, hey, nothing is too much to ask from the local hero." Hiro replied. "We'll whip that right up."

"Cool. Thank you. It, uh, it has everything I need to recover. Give me another few hours of sleep and I'll be ready to eat. I-I think I'll be able to talk then. I just...need to rest a bit. How are the others? Do they know yet?"

"Everybody's found out by now and they're all coping with what happened in their own ways." Hiro informed her. "The news about what happened, about her, hit everyone extremely hard though. She might've been a monster but she was a very public monster."

"I know. She was a socialite and the restaurant was extremely popular with tourists and the public. News like this would hit everyone hard." Chidori acknowledged. "Fuck. I'll need to call up my co-workers later. They're going to be in the thick of this." She tried to sit up again but once more her body just wasn't cooperating. Not after the beating she took. Not with these knife wounds. Not after how hard she pushed herself in that fight. She was bedridden until she healed. Chidori could already feel sleep approaching her again and closed her eyes. "Hey, Hiro? I need...another favor."

"Sure. Anything. What is it?"

"Inspector Wakamura. I need to talk to her. Soon. Whenever I'm able to move again. Let her know...not everyone...involved. Just Suko. Only her." She began drifting off to sleep. "They aren't like her. They can't be."

Hiro nodded and rested her head against Chidori's gently. "It's okay, Chinatsu. It's okay. It will all be okay. I promise. We'll get it taken care of. You just rest now, alright?" Hiro sat back up and adjusted Chidori's blanket and pillow so she could rest properly and she quietly walked out of the bedroom.

Hanzo and Hana were waiting outside and they stood up  as Hiro exited her room.

"How is she?" Hana asked concerned.

"She's stable but she's going to need a lot of rest. Suko really did a number on her." She stepped away from the door and crossed the room and sat down on a sofa and ran her fingers through her hair. "Not just physically either. But also mentally. She's going to need our help, all of us, and a lot of time to recover from this."

"We're here for her and each other." Han assured his sister.

"That's right. None of us are going to be dealing with this alone. We'll all stand together and show that slimeball that she can't break us!" Hana added.

"You're too right, my beloved siblings." She reached up and embraced both of them. "We won't break. We'll rise above what she did to us and take Chidori's hand in ours as we lead her back into the light with us."

"She won't die. Not from those little wounds." Han assured her. "Chidori is going to be just fine."

"She's tough as nails. These won't keep her down for long."

"That's right."

The siblings hugged each other and then Hiro let go and stood up. "In the meantime our House Guest has requested a meal and we are going to provide."

"Cool. What's the dish?"

"Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes and a Mango Pineapple Coconut Milk Smoothie."

Hana laughed. "That's quite a wacky order but I'll help. I can whip up the drink in no time and then I'll help you guys with the main dish."

"We'll work together on that in the meantime."

"Right. Lets get to work guys!"

"Yeah!"

The trio hurried to the kitchen to work on their guest's dish.

While the siblings were having some fun cooking up a storm for their guest, Chidori Chinatsu continued to sleep off her injuries in the bedroom. As she continued to sleep away the day a strange squelching and cracking sound could be heard from her body. Almost as if her body was working to put itself back together. She stirred and groaned in her sleep from the noise but she did not wake up. "Mama..." She mumbled. Even stranger, her bod began to sweat and produce wisps of steam amidst all of her tossing and turning.

The siblings were in the middle of their meal when a computerized voice spoke up overhead. "Attention, Hiro! Attention, Hiro! We have a situation in The Guests Room. Her temperature is rising rapidly and her body is emitting steam!" ARIA informed them!

"WHAT?" The trio asked in shock and Hiro ran to her room and slammed the door open to be met with clouds of hazy steam and rising heat.  Hiro pushed through it without hesitation and grabbed her friend. "Chinatsu! Chinatsu! Can you hear me? Are you okay?" She was hot to the touch and Hiro could feel the sweat pouring down her skin again and the rising heat from her body.

"Unnngggh....mmmm...what's...what's happening?" She mumbled clearly still out of it.

"Chinatsu...Chinatsu you're burning up. I don't know how this is happening but we have to get you into a cold bath. We're going to walk to the bathroom okay? ARIA's already pouring the water into the tub, alright?"

"O...kay." She nodded and let Hiro pull her up. As she did so the bandages fell off of Chidori's body. There would be time to figure that out later. Right now they had to take Chidori into the bath. Han was getting the ice cubes while Hana helped Hiro walk Chidori into the bathroom. As they were doing so she glanced at Chidori's back and noticed the wounds on her back were emitting the most heat. She couldn't see them too clearly bit looked like something was definitely happening back there. Was the steam cloud playing tricks on her mind or were the wounds, which should still be large and permanent,  were they...starting to close?

https://i.postimg.cc/NjbC6Vj9/b2453fc10c87c3eab46dbeb7dcd3f9bc.jpg

They helped Chidori into the rising cold bath water and seemed to relax as she began cooling back down. Han reached in and handed them the ice cubes. Hiro nodded and took them and gently poured them into the bath to cool her down further. As the steam began to clear and her body relaxed Hiro and Hana could get a clearer picture.

"No freaking way. Sis...are you seeing this?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm seeing it. I don't know she's doing it though. I didn't even know she could do this."

Impossible and amazing as it seemed, Chidori's wounds were starting to emit a reddish-orange glow while they closed and shrank.

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"WHAT?" The trio asked in shock and Hiro ran to her room and slammed the door open to be met with clouds of hazy steam and rising heat.  Hiro pushed through it without hesitation and grabbed her friend. "Chinatsu! Chinatsu! Can you hear me? Are you okay?" She was hot to the touch and Hiro could feel the sweat pouring down her skin again and the rising heat from her body.

"Unnngggh....mmmm...what's...what's happening?" She mumbled clearly still out of it.

"Chinatsu...Chinatsu you're burning up. I don't know how this is happening but we have to get you into a cold bath. We're going to walk to the bathroom okay? ARIA's already pouring the water into the tub, alright?"

"O...kay." She nodded and let Hiro pull her up. As she did so the bandages fell off of Chidori's body. There would be time to figure that out later. Right now they had to take Chidori into the bath. Han was getting the ice cubes while Hana helped Hiro walk Chidori into the bathroom. As they were doing so she glanced at Chidori's back and noticed the wounds on her back were emitting the most heat. She couldn't see them too clearly bit looked like something was definitely happening back there. Was the steam cloud playing tricks on her mind or were the wounds, which should still be large and permanent,  were they...starting to close?

They helped Chidori into the rising cold bath water and seemed to relax as she began cooling back down. Han reached in and handed them the ice cubes. Hiro nodded and took them and gently poured them into the bath to cool her down further. As the steam began to clear and her body relaxed Hiro and Hana could get a clearer picture.

"No freaking way. Sis...are you seeing this?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm seeing it. I don't know she's doing it though. I didn't even know she could do this."

Impossible and amazing as it seemed, Chidori's wounds were starting to emit a reddish-orange glow while they closed and shrank.

Han was still analyzing the discovery of what him and his siblings have witnessed. Hana continued to stare in amazement, "You think she's a Powered?"

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Han was still analyzing the discovery of what him and his siblings have witnessed. Hana continued to stare in amazement, "You think she's a Powered?"

"I've known Chidori for a long time and she's always been an incredible fighter who could recover from fights surprisingly quickly but this is the first time I've seen her do this. Either she's a late bloomer or her injuries were severe enough that her healing abilities kicked into overdrive. Superhuman abilities have been known to awaken during moments of extreme stress and we can both agree she would've faced a lot of that the previous night. There's a good chance that it was just the last straw that caused her powers to awaken but as for the glowing...I'm not sure what that's about." Hiro considered this. "Spontaneous Regeneration is the ability to regenerate at a super human speed. In addition to the basic stem-cell division and differentiation present in all human beings, the DNA Alternate with this ability is capable of dedifferentiation. Normal specialized cells may revert to stem cells in the event of physical damage, and these stem cells can then attach to the damaged area and go through the basic stem-cell division and differentiation. Through this process, the Super can heal rapidly, and even regenerate damaged organs and lost limbs." She paused. "Could it have to do with mitotic division?"

(There are several locations that have been discovered within our genetic coding that aid and assist in the division of our cells and these areas appear to all inspire certain functions that take place to assist with mitosis. In normal cells this precise dance takes place that replicates the DNA pulls mostly identical copies over to either side of the splitting cell and
then splits the cellular membrane producing two daughter cells this gives us smooth skin repaired muscles strengthen bones and sometimes even new neural connections as a result.
The thing about mitosis is it isn't perfect and this is what causes aging in animals every time our cells divide we can really have mutations happen during the replication process.
Some of our dna may not separate entirely from the other portions of dna and then you sort of just get pulled into the daughter cell and you might have too much dna or not enough dna. What the standard is and this is just let's say it's perfect replication and everything goes off without a hitch. Usually our junk dna continues to get shorter and shorter believe it or not there is a ton of dna in every cell that it is virtually useless by our current understanding of genetics and when our cells divide some of this dna is lost over time and
then eventually important dna is destroyed through mitosis and this leads us to age...) 

Hiro continued to study the phenomenon in front of them.

(When cells become damaged usually it's not uncommon for the melanin within them to begin changing take skin cancer for instance usually the skin turns darker but if you end up actually affecting the genetic portion responsible for the release of melanin you would get something like almost albinism...)

A realization hit her. "That's it! I think that's it! That's the steam! The metabolic rate of her body is being locally increased this is necessary as the cells undergo rapid division to repair muscle bone blood vessels and the skin of the body from the damage she took,  increasing the metabolism and dividing the cells this would likely and actually not just likely it does release a ton of heat now when the cells divide!"

"So it's a runaway mitotic division and hyperactive metabolism?" Han called into the bathroom. "That's incredibly useful but it's also dangerous. She's going to need a lot to make up for the loss of calories. Meat for protein and energy, which we've got covered, salad dishes for vitamins and fiber and water for fluids. We can give her the smoothie afterword for dessert."

Suko Chifumi felt like crap. Sure the doctors had fixed up the worst of her injuries but it did nothing to mend her wounded pride. She was trapped. Her hand was cuffed to the bed, she had multiple cameras watching her every move and at least four or five police officers and security guards standing right outside her room which had only one way in or out. Even if she had the strength to move she wouldn't be able to escape. Getting out of the cuffs would be relatively easy even in her current condition but it didn't matter because she had nowhere to go and she certainly didn't have the strength to fight her way out. Not that she had the proper tools for that around her anyway. Like it or not she was trapped and could only stare up at the ceiling and fume over her defeat.

She replayed the fight again and again in her mind, trying again and again to kill that bitch but each and every time she ran into the brick wall that was her Pressure Point Technique.

"Dragon Kai Martial Arts Pressure Points. A Gift From Kenshiro."

That technique. That damn technique. How on Earth did a brat like Chinatsu learn that? She would expect it from someone like Hiro or Toki or Maki or one of the masters of their Dojo...but Chinatsu? When did she develop the mental discipline to learn something like that? Suko had never felt so damn helpless! Her arms had completely seized up! One simple hit was all it took and her arms became useless to her. The feeling had come back to them but even just a few seconds of paralysis would be the difference maker in a death match like that. Unless she could figure out a way around that she'd be fucked.

Right now though that was surprisingly low on her list of priorities. She mad more immediate things to worry about.

The door opened and the dead serious expression of Inspector Wakamura Maki zeroed in on her. Suko stared back at her as Maki entered the room.

"Good morning, Inspector. What can I help you with?"

Hinata Kurosawa packed up the medical supplies in the basket and walked up to the cash register to pay for them. After paying for them she turned and walked out of the store where Kenshiro was waiting for her outside.

"How is she?" He asked.

"How is who?"

"Come on, Hinata, it's not hard to figure out. Chinatsu hasn't been at her home or the dojo and Suko was found beaten unconscious on the street and you're here buying medicine and supplies." Ken summarized. "Come on now, I just want to know that she's okay."

Hinata looked up at him and giggled. "I never could keep a secret from you could I?" She looked back down and they started walking to her car. "The kid was hurt pretty badly when Hiro found her. and we did our best to treat her wounds. Her condition stabalized surprisingly quickly considering the extent of her wounds and she slept for an entire day." Hinata sighed. "I knew we should've ran her to the hospital. It's just..."

"You wanted to protect her. One vigilante to another?"

"One hero to another. She exposed and slayed a monster that had been haunting our city for years. She shouldn't have to worry about potentially going to jail for that."

Kenshiro rubbed the back of his head. "You're putting me in an awkward position Hinata but I understand where you're coming from." He lowered his hand and smiled. "Hell with it. I am going to have to talk to Maki about this but I've got a soft spot for the kid anyway. Until further notice we'll pretend this conversation never happened."

"Thank you, Ken."

They reached her car and she placed the supplies inside and then her phone rang. "Excuse me." She pulled out her phone. "Yes honey?"

"Mom! I am so glad I could reach you! I've got good news!" Han informed her. "It's Chidori! She's healing herself! She's flat out regenerating!"

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

Hinata Kurosawa packed up the medical supplies in the basket and walked up to the cash register to pay for them. After paying for them she turned and walked out of the store where Kenshiro was waiting for her outside.

"How is she?" He asked.

"How is who?"

"Come on, Hinata, it's not hard to figure out. Chinatsu hasn't been at her home or the dojo and Suko was found beaten unconscious on the street and you're here buying medicine and supplies." Ken summarized. "Come on now, I just want to know that she's okay."

Hinata looked up at him and giggled. "I never could keep a secret from you could I?" She looked back down and they started walking to her car. "The kid was hurt pretty badly when Hiro found her. and we did our best to treat her wounds. Her condition stabalized surprisingly quickly considering the extent of her wounds and she slept for an entire day." Hinata sighed. "I knew we should've ran her to the hospital. It's just..."

"You wanted to protect her. One vigilante to another?"

"One hero to another. She exposed and slayed a monster that had been haunting our city for years. She shouldn't have to worry about potentially going to jail for that."

Kenshiro rubbed the back of his head. "You're putting me in an awkward position Hinata but I understand where you're coming from." He lowered his hand and smiled. "Hell with it. I am going to have to talk to Maki about this but I've got a soft spot for the kid anyway. Until further notice we'll pretend this conversation never happened."

"Thank you, Ken."

They reached her car and she placed the supplies inside and then her phone rang. "Excuse me." She pulled out her phone. "Yes honey?"

"Mom! I am so glad I could reach you! I've got good news!" Han informed her. "It's Chidori! She's healing herself! She's flat out regenerating!"

That one had caught Hinata by surprise, she has known Chidori since she was a kid, and not once would she assume that she's Powered. There have been recorded reports of Powereds being late bloomers but this one is a big stretch. "Me and Ken are heading over to the hospital right now. I assume Hiro isn't too far behind?"

"She just left the apartment a minute before I called"

Hinata nods, "OK then I want you and Hana to remain where you are and look after your little sister"

"Always"

"That is why I love you. Me or Hiro will keep you posted"

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

That one had caught Hinata by surprise, she has known Chidori since she was a kid, and not once would she assume that she's Powered. There have been recorded reports of Powereds being late bloomers but this one is a big stretch. "Me and Ken are heading over to the hospital right now. I assume Hiro isn't too far behind?"

"She just left the apartment a minute before I called"

Hinata nods, "OK then I want you and Hana to remain where you are and look after your little sister"

"Always"

"That is why I love you. Me or Hiro will keep you posted"

OOC: Hmmm, I did intend that she was recovering at Hiro's house...ah heck with it, I can roll with this! I got it! I got it!

The Kurosawa's story is that she was attacked by Suko previously but was saved by the vigilante and escaped and crashed at the Kurosawa household. Which is mostly true. She was recovering just fine until her body started producing heat and steam as it regenerated and then they called an ambulance for her.

Which is to say, yeah, they could treat her wounds, for the most part, First Aid Sprays help, but when her body starts producing steam and heat and her wounds start glowing while closing up? That's when you call an ambulance.  :rofl:

Hiro then is currently riding in the ambulance with her.

"Love you mom. Bye." Han hung up and sat down in the chair. "I cannot take any more surprises today."

"Is Chinatsu going to be okay?" Hana asked. Han just smiled and got right back up hug his sister.

"Don't you worry about a thing. Chinatsu has always been tough as nails and big sis is right there with her. She's going to be just fine. I promise."

"Hang in there Chinatsu. Just hang in there for us okay? You're going to be okay just stay with me." Hiro pleaded with her as they rode in the ambulance together.

"I feel funny..." Chidori mumbled while a wound on her face glowed brightly and closed up.

Hinata rode in the car with Ken as he took them to the hospital. She sighed when she dreads a particular phone call she has to make. She was making progress in her therapy sessions. She never regrets looking after Chidori while her mom was clearing her head Hinata knows that the two of them were looking forward to being a family again. The news of her daughter is the last thing she needs right now.

"I can make the call" Ken offered

Hinata shook her head. "It's best that she hears it from me."

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Hinata rode in the car with Ken as he took them to the hospital. She sighed when she dreads a particular phone call she has to make. She was making progress in her therapy sessions. She never regrets looking after Chidori while her mom was clearing her head Hinata knows that the two of them were looking forward to being a family again. The news of her daughter is the last thing she needs right now.

"I can make the call" Ken offered

Hinata shook her head. "It's best that she hears it from me."

"Car answer the call."

"Hello Hinata! I just wanted to let you know that I'm feeling really good today and I hope that you're feeling good too." Chidori Chiyome spoke to her. "Ah, but, well, there's been all these rumors about another series of brutal slayings scattered around the city. Uhm, have they caught that guy yet? I know the police are working really hard to find him but well I can't help but feel a little worried about what's going on outside of Swan Lake." She joked.

Oh this was going to be awkward. "Well, Chiyome, I have some good news. They caught him. The serial killer has been unmasked at long last and captured. It turns out...it was Suko Chifumi."

The other line went silent as the sheer horror of this news dawned on her. "Th...the Restaurateur? That nice woman that Chinatsu worked for?" She asked in horror. "Oh my God. Oh God...is...is my little Chinatsu alright? What happened?"

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"Car answer the call."

"Hello Hinata! I just wanted to let you know that I'm feeling really good today and I hope that you're feeling good too." Chidori Chiyome spoke to her. "Ah, but, well, there's been all these rumors about another series of brutal slayings scattered around the city. Uhm, have they caught that guy yet? I know the police are working really hard to find him but well I can't help but feel a little worried about what's going on outside of Swan Lake." She joked.

Oh this was going to be awkward. "Well, Chiyome, I have some good news. They caught him. The serial killer has been unmasked at long last and captured. It turns out...it was Suko Chifumi."

The other line went silent as the sheer horror of this news dawned on her. "Th...the Restaurateur? That nice woman that Chinatsu worked for?" She asked in horror. "Oh my God. Oh God...is...is my little Chinatsu alright? What happened?"

Hinata went and gave Chiyome the rundown of what happened. At least all that the reports told her and a bit of Chidori's own testimony of the incident. Hinata had to stop herself to keep herself from crying, when she told her Chinatzu's testimony, before she finished giving Chiyome the statement

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

Suko Chifumi felt like crap. Sure the doctors had fixed up the worst of her injuries but it did nothing to mend her wounded pride. She was trapped. Her hand was cuffed to the bed, she had multiple cameras watching her every move and at least four or five police officers and security guards standing right outside her room which had only one way in or out. Even if she had the strength to move she wouldn't be able to escape. Getting out of the cuffs would be relatively easy even in her current condition but it didn't matter because she had nowhere to go and she certainly didn't have the strength to fight her way out. Not that she had the proper tools for that around her anyway. Like it or not she was trapped and could only stare up at the ceiling and fume over her defeat.

She replayed the fight again and again in her mind, trying again and again to kill that bitch but each and every time she ran into the brick wall that was her Pressure Point Technique.

"Dragon Kai Martial Arts Pressure Points. A Gift From Kenshiro."

That technique. That damn technique. How on Earth did a brat like Chinatsu learn that? She would expect it from someone like Hiro or Toki or Maki or one of the masters of their Dojo...but Chinatsu? When did she develop the mental discipline to learn something like that? Suko had never felt so damn helpless! Her arms had completely seized up! One simple hit was all it took and her arms became useless to her. The feeling had come back to them but even just a few seconds of paralysis would be the difference maker in a death match like that. Unless she could figure out a way around that she'd be fucked.

Right now though that was surprisingly low on her list of priorities. She mad more immediate things to worry about.

The door opened and the dead serious expression of Inspector Wakamura Maki zeroed in on her. Suko stared back at her as Maki entered the room.

"Good morning, Inspector. What can I help you with?"

Wakamura Maki strolled into the room and closed the door behind her and walked in front of her bed.

"I have several questions for you."

"I'll bet. Alright go ahead and ask away. Not like I'm going anywhere and I need to pass the time somehow."

"Who were you working with? Were any of your employees involved?"

"Who?"

"Your former employees and co-workers. Were any of them involved in your murders?"

"What, like chopping up the corpses and serving them to customers? That's disgusting. I am many things, Inspector, but I am not a cannibal."

"Answer my question."

"Fine. The answer is no. The marionettes were useful to validate my cover and keep my business booming but that was as far as our relationship went. I have never and would never trust anyone with my secret. I was strictly a solo act."

"Marionettes? Is that all they were to you? Despite all of their hardwork, devotion and admiration, they were just puppets to you?" Maki questioned her, clearly disgusted by Suko.

"Well I thought it was nicer than calling them pawns but yes. That is where their importance began and ended for me."

"Then I suppose there is no point in informing you that the fallout of this could potentially ruin their lives and careers?"

"If their usefulness has ended then it's not my problem anymore."

It was like something out of a dream. If Maki didn't know better she would have to assume that Chifumi had a split personality. It was just so bizarre to think that the same woman who'd been a pillar of the community for so many years, who practically radiated kindness, who always treated everyone around her with kindness and generosity could be so damn callous towards the same people she'd surrounded herself with for so long.  Regardless, she kept her game face on.

"Fine. Here's my next question so lets get down to business: How many people have you killed? How many have you murdered?"

"Overall?"

"Yes."

"Hmmm. If I had to put a number on it...I would say One Hundred and Forty-Eight sounds about right. Yes. That's it exactly. It's kind of an awkward number to leave off on, just shy of 150, but for something I've been working at my entire life I think it's an impressive killcount by anyone's measure."

"What?" Maki asked her. "148? How?"

"Oh Maki. Did you really think I just started doing this recently? I've been doing this ever since I was a kid."

"You're lying."

"Am I now? If you don't believe me, go to my house. Find the bookshelf with The Boyfriends Of My Fascination Novel. There is a hidden compartment in the back of it. Open that up and press the button. The bookshelf will move aside to reveal a door to my hidden study. In there you will find a notebook with the name of every single person I have killed over the years." She relaxed on her bed. "I call it my Cold Case Book."

"Why should I believe you? How do I know this isn't a trap?"

"Whether you believe me or not is up to you but traps and bombs are not my style. I prefer to kill my prey personally."

"Yeah you're real honorable. Why the hell did you do all of this anyway? What was it all for?"

"Oh is this the big confession scene where I tell you all about my poor hard life full of misery and pain and abuse and bad parenting? Or how my mommy didn't get that pony I wanted as a kid? Or how the other reindeer wouldn't let me join in their reindeer games?   "We can't have our bad lady be evil just for the hell of it. Something must have happened to her to make her this way, because no woman would naturally be this cruel! There must be something really terrible in her past to make her capable of this.." She laughed like she'd just told a downright hilarious joke. "Don't sell me short, Maki, I'm not one of those types. My parents were normal. There wasn't anything really special about them. They were nice enough I suppose. My schoolmates were normal. They were friendly and nice and whatever. The worst that you can say about them is that they were about as gullible as everyone else." Suko shrugged.

"Then why? Why did you do all of this?"

"I started up the restaurant because I enjoy cooking and because it was a useful cover. I hired the marionettes for the same reason. As for my little murder spree? I imagine that should be quite simple Inspector: For fun and for the thrill of the hunt." She smiled.

https://i.imgur.com/SZlzTz9.jpg

"We all have our vices, Maki, mine just happen to be bloodier than others."

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Hinata went and gave Chiyome the rundown of what happened. At least all that the reports told her and a bit of Chidori's own testimony of the incident. Hinata had to stop herself to keep herself from crying, when she told her Chinatzu's testimony, before she finished giving Chiyome the statement

"...My God...Chinatsu. My baby girl!" She collapsed on the bed and Hinata could hear her crying. "My little girl! My sweet baby girl! Oh Goooodddd...." She sobbed into the phone until she was able to collect herself. "I-I need to-to talk to the doctor. I need to see her. I need to make sure she's okay. More than anything else I need to make sure my little girl is okay."

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

Wakamura Maki strolled into the room and closed the door behind her and walked in front of her bed.

"I have several questions for you."

"I'll bet. Alright go ahead and ask away. Not like I'm going anywhere and I need to pass the time somehow."

"Who were you working with? Were any of your employees involved?"

"Who?"

"Your former employees and co-workers. Were any of them involved in your murders?"

"What, like chopping up the corpses and serving them to customers? That's disgusting. I am many things, Inspector, but I am not a cannibal."

"Answer my question."

"Fine. The answer is no. The marionettes were useful to validate my cover and keep my business booming but that was as far as our relationship went. I have never and would never trust anyone with my secret. I was strictly a solo act."

"Marionettes? Is that all they were to you? Despite all of their hardwork, devotion and admiration, they were just puppets to you?" Maki questioned her, clearly disgusted by Suko.

"Well I thought it was nicer than calling them pawns but yes. That is where their importance began and ended for me."

"Then I suppose there is no point in informing you that the fallout of this could potentially ruin their lives and careers?"

"If their usefulness has ended then it's not my problem anymore."

It was like something out of a dream. If Maki didn't know better she would have to assume that Chifumi had a split personality. It was just so bizarre to think that the same woman who'd been a pillar of the community for so many years, who practically radiated kindness, who always treated everyone around her with kindness and generosity could be so damn callous towards the same people she'd surrounded herself with for so long.  Regardless, she kept her game face on.

"Fine. Here's my next question so lets get down to business: How many people have you killed? How many have you murdered?"

"Overall?"

"Yes."

"Hmmm. If I had to put a number on it...I would say One Hundred and Forty-Eight sounds about right. Yes. That's it exactly. It's kind of an awkward number to leave off on, just shy of 150, but for something I've been working at my entire life I think it's an impressive killcount by anyone's measure."

"What?" Maki asked her. "148? How?"

"Oh Maki. Did you really think I just started doing this recently? I've been doing this ever since I was a kid."

"You're lying."

"Am I now? If you don't believe me, go to my house. Find the bookshelf with The Boyfriends Of My Fascination Novel. There is a hidden compartment in the back of it. Open that up and press the button. The bookshelf will move aside to reveal a door to my hidden study. In there you will find a notebook with the name of every single person I have killed over the years." She relaxed on her bed. "I call it my Cold Case Book."

"Why should I believe you? How do I know this isn't a trap?"

"Whether you believe me or not is up to you but traps and bombs are not my style. I prefer to kill my prey personally."

"Yeah you're real honorable. Why the hell did you do all of this anyway? What was it all for?"

"Oh is this the big confession scene where I tell you all about my poor hard life full of misery and pain and abuse and bad parenting? Or how my mommy didn't get that pony I wanted as a kid? Or how the other reindeer wouldn't let me join in their reindeer games?   "We can't have our bad lady be evil just for the hell of it. Something must have happened to her to make her this way, because no woman would naturally be this cruel! There must be something really terrible in her past to make her capable of this.." She laughed like she'd just told a downright hilarious joke. "Don't sell me short, Maki, I'm not one of those types. My parents were normal. There wasn't anything really special about them. They were nice enough I suppose. My schoolmates were normal. They were friendly and nice and whatever. The worst that you can say about them is that they were about as gullible as everyone else." Suko shrugged.

"Then why? Why did you do all of this?"

"I started up the restaurant because I enjoy cooking and because it was a useful cover. I hired the marionettes for the same reason. As for my little murder spree? I imagine that should be quite simple Inspector: For fun and for the thrill of the hunt." She smiled.

"We all have our vices, Maki, mine just happens to be bloodier than others."

Suko didn't expect this kind of reaction from the police detective. Part of her was expecting her to recoil in shock but all she got out of it was laughter. Not the usual busting a gut kind of laugh either but the sort of laugh that is not the kind of response she'd get. It's unnatural and, she won't admit it, it's starting to freak her out.

"Oh? I'm sorry. Not the kind of response you're expecting, right?" Maki's joyful expression from before faded into an emotionless gaze. "I've seen evil Suko. Think of the worst act any human could do and I can point out the person you're thinking of. You see Suko, people like you come in all shapes and sizes but there's one thing your kind has in common. You get off on control. But you want to know something funny? Chinatzu will heal, both physically and mentally. She will move on and live her life with her friends, her family because she has people who love her. You will just be a bad dream that will fade away. Meanwhile, you will spend the majority of your life in hell. With nobody to care for. Knowing that all your plans were thwarted by a teenage girl."

"And you want to know the punchline to all of this?" Maki leaned forward and gazed into Suko's eyes. "Eventually the city will move on. In the end, you'd have no power over us."

It was Suko's turn to react. Ever heard of the expression of staring into the abyss till you blink? It was Suko who blinked. in a moment she started seething. There was no other person she'd despise the most till she met the detective. "You want to know my regrets, Detective? I didn't kill you when I had a chance.

"Huh. Take a number and get in line"

OT: And THAT is why Maki is awesome!

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Suko didn't expect this kind of reaction from the police detective. Part of her was expecting her to recoil in shock but all she got out of it was laughter. Not the usual busting a gut kind of laugh either but the sort of laugh that is not the kind of response she'd get. It's unnatural and, she won't admit it, it's starting to freak her out.

"Oh? I'm sorry. Not the kind of response you're expecting, right?" Maki's joyful expression from before faded into an emotionless gaze. "I've seen evil Suko. Think of the worst act any human could do and I can point out the person you're thinking of. You see Suko, people like you come in all shapes and sizes but there's one thing your kind has in common. You get off on control. But you want to know something funny? Chinatzu will heal, both physically and mentally. She will move on and live her life with her friends, her family because she has people who love her. You will just be a bad dream that will fade away. Meanwhile, you will spend the majority of your life in hell. With nobody to care for. Knowing that all your plans were thwarted by a teenage girl."

"And you want to know the punchline to all of this?" Maki leaned forward and gazed into Suko's eyes. "Eventually the city will move on. In the end, you'd have no power over us."

It was Suko's turn to react. Ever heard of the expression of staring into the abyss till you blink? It was Suko who blinked. in a moment she started seething. There was no other person she'd despise the most till she met the detective. "You want to know my regrets, Detective? I didn't kill you when I had a chance.

"Huh. Take a number and get in line"

OT: And THAT is why Maki is awesome!

Honestly after the cringefest of Injustice, I definitely needed this. Suko freaking deserves this shit and I will not argue that. Let the heroes have their victories and actually beat the villains.  :D

GO MAKI!  :glasses:

Suko relaxed in her hospital bed. "So. Chidori. I assume you know then."

"About her cosplay habit? Yeah, I knew. I'm guessing the reason you didn't rat her out yet is because you don't want that getting out."

"I'm an open book to you, huh?"

"That's right. Thanks for telling me about the book though. I'll be sure to go find that. No further questions. We have what we need. See you in court." Maki smiked and walked out of the hospital room.

Suko looked up at the ceiling and closed her eyes. (She'll heal.  Physically. She'll heal physically. But how could she unless...ohhh. Oh that would actually explain a few things. So she's Powered?  Damn. I would have to cut her head off to kill her. Wish I knew that a couple days ago.) Either way she wasn't going anywhere. So she was just left to quietly fume over her physical and mental defeat.

OOC!  :offtop:

Oh and if you're curious dear readers don't worry! We have sooo much painful punishment planned for Suko moving forward. `148 murders means she has a whole lot of akarma coming her way.  :cool:

Officer Nobutoshi Shen laughed and high-fived Maki on her way out of the hospital room. "Nice job Maki. Once again you got the perp to sing like a canary."

"It's why I'm here. Now we just need to get a warrant to search Suko's home and we'll be golden." Maki informed him. "Any word on Chinatsu?"

"Actually yeah. She's en route right now."

"She's healing but apparently it's in a really weird way."

"Explain."

"Her body appears to be emitting high amounts of heat and steam." Tami summarized. "And...bright lights if we heard correctly."

That surprised her. "She's a Powered?"

"Looks that way. Not sure what the deal is with the internal glowing though."

"We'll let the doctors take a look at her when she arrives." Maki told them. "I'm going to give the chief a call."

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"...My God...Chinatsu. My baby girl!" She collapsed on the bed and Hinata could hear her crying. "My little girl! My sweet baby girl! Oh Goooodddd...." She sobbed into the phone until she was able to collect herself. "I-I need to-to talk to the doctor. I need to see her. I need to make sure she's okay. More than anything else I need to make sure my little girl is okay."

Hinata instructed Ken to make a slight detour, Ken obliged. "You will, I promise. Ken and I are heading over to pick you up right now"

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Hinata instructed Ken to make a slight detour, Ken obliged. "You will, I promise. Ken and I are heading over to pick you up right now"

"Okay, okay, alright. Is it okay if I stay on the line with you?"

Hiro answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Hiro! Hiro! It's me!" Amaya spoke on the phone. "We swung by to check in on Chidori but Han and Hana said you just left to the hospital. What happened?"

"Her body started healing but in a really weird way. We're en route to the hospital now. We'll update you guys when we have a solid idea of what's happening to her. Han and Hana can explain things about as well as I can in the meantime."

"Got it. Which hospital?"

"Hinansho Rose Valley General Hospital."

"Hinansho Rose Valley General. Got it. We'll get the lowdown from Han and Hana and then bike over there. Thanks Hiro. Take care of her okay?"

"You got it. Thanks Amaya."

"Uhhh guys?" Hiro heard Hawk in the background.

"What's up?"

"Toki just left."

"Huh?"

Amaya lowered the phone and turned her head to watch Toki racing down the sidewalk like a roadrunner! She wasn't as insanely fast as Kenshiro of course but it was still impressive.

"Wow she can really move."

"What's going on?"

Amaya raised the phone back up. "Toki's on her way."

Wakamura Toki's legs pumped up and down as she ran down the sidewalk with the wind whipping past her hair. She raced past people, pets, bicyclists and even some of the slower moving cars on the street! (Dammit! I should've been there with her! What the hell was I doing at home? She never should've had to face that maniac on her own! I should've been there helping her! I should've been out looking! We all should've been there together! I should've been there with her! I'm coming now, Chinatsu! Don't you worry! You're going to be okay! I promise! I'm on my way now!)

"Soooo....what now?" Sakura questioned.

"I think we should get the 411 on what's happened before we go running off. Toki should be okay." Ichika Harime decided. "Please, could you elaborate on what's happened?" She asked Han and Hana.

"You should probably come inside. It's been a bit weird today." Han told them.

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

Hiro answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Hiro! Hiro! It's me!" Amaya spoke on the phone. "We swung by to check in on Chidori but Han and Hana said you just left to the hospital. What happened?"

"Her body started healing but in a really weird way. We're en route to the hospital now. We'll update you guys when we have a solid idea of what's happening to her. Han and Hana can explain things about as well as I can in the meantime."

"Got it. Which hospital?"

"Hinansho Rose Valley General Hospital."

"Hinansho Rose Valley General. Got it. We'll get the lowdown from Han and Hana and then bike over there. Thanks Hiro. Take care of her okay?"

"You got it. Thanks Amaya."

"Uhhh guys?" Hiro heard Hawk in the background.

"What's up?"

"Toki just left."

"Huh?"

Amaya lowered the phone and turned her head to watch Toki racing down the sidewalk like a roadrunner! She wasn't as insanely fast as Kenshiro of course but it was still impressive.

"Wow she can really move."

"What's going on?"

Amaya raised the phone back up. "Toki's on her way."

Wakamura Toki's legs pumped up and down as she ran down the sidewalk with the wind whipping past her hair. She raced past people, pets, bicyclists and even some of the slower moving cars on the street! (Dammit! I should've been there with her! What the hell was I doing at home? She never should've had to face that maniac on her own! I should've been there helping her! I should've been out looking! We all should've been there together! I should've been there with her! I'm coming now, Chinatsu! Don't you worry! You're going to be okay! I promise! I'm on my way now!)

"Soooo....what now?" Sakura questioned.

"I think we should get the 411 on what's happened before we go running off. Toki should be okay." Ichika Harime decided. "Please, could you elaborate on what's happened?" She asked Han and Hana.

"You should probably come inside. It's been a bit weird today." Han told them.

"....And then right when we were in the middle of cooking her a meal for when she woke up, the alarms started going off and we ran into her room and we found her body steaming! Flat out steaming!" Han told the crew in an exasperated confused tone as if he was trying to comprehend it himself. "We got her into a cold bath with ice cubes in it to cool her off but it didn't take her long to start boiling that so we called 911 and now she's en route to the hospital."

"And that's not even the weirdest part! She was glowing! Flat out glowing from the inside!" Hana told them. "And these, I don't know, these tiny lightning-like bolts appear on her face, as if it were being cracked by golden veins. Her eyes turn gold and glowing. It was like she had a fire raging inside of her."

Ichika crossed her arms and legs. "Hmmmm. I always knew there was something different about Chidori but while she was always strong this is the first time I've heard about her having super powers. Sooo she's either a late bloomer or..."

"Or a Super Saiyan." Ichika postulated. "Or, wait, no, you guys said she was glowing like a fire?"

"That's right."

"It sounds similar to pyrokinetic absorption." Hawk pointed out. "But there weren't any fires around?"

"No way. ARIA would douse any fires before it would get that bad."

"Correct." The computerized voice spoke up.

"Hi ARIA!" Amaya called up to her.

"Hello Miss Amaterasu. Please keep illicit materials to a minimum."

"Sure thing." She laughed. "Getting back on topic, it's not entirely impossible that she IS a pyro....you said she had a fire inside of her, right? What if she was generating and absorbing her own fire?"

"I guess it's not impossible, and it makes as much sense as everything else she did, but how come nothing else around her got burned?" Hana asked.

"That...I don't know." Amaya confessed.

"Hey by the way was anybody burned?" Ichika asked. "It sounds like regardless of what happened that emitting a cloud of steam like that would superheat her body."

"She was heating up but Hiro managed to get her into the bath that ARIA had already started up before it got too bad. It wouldn't have slowed big sis down anyway even if she was."

"She really is a true Hiro."

Hawk stood up and pulled out her phone and called Toki. "She's going to need to hear all of this."

"Couldn't we just tell her to come back?"

"You know how fast Toki is. She's no speedster but she'll be at the hospital in no time. Besides, she's basically in crisis mode right now, we all are, best to let her run it out."

Wakamura Toki meanwhile was vaulting  and flipping and side-stepping anything in her path without slowing down in her run in a fantastic display of freerunning parkour. It was an amazing display considering her usually composed and collected demeanor. Toki kept right on going until she came to a stop light and she stopped on a dime and she heard her phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Track Star. We have some information you're going to want to hear." Hawk informed her.

"Oh...right. Yes. That's probably important. Sorry. This has been an intense couple of days. What have you learned?"

Hawk handed the phone to Han he informed her of what they'd learned. Toki sat down on a bench and sank down as she tried to process all of this. "What on Earth?" She considered what she was hearing and a sudden realization hit her. "...Hey, Han? When was the last time she ate?"

"She hasn't eaten much. She's been slipping in and out of consciousness since she got here and her body started doing the weird glowing thing before she could eat..." Han promptly stood up. "Wait, are you suggesting-"

"All that energy she's emitting? All that heat? The glowing? It sounds like she's emitting a tremendous amount of energy and, well, that has to be fueled by something." Toki put a thumbnail in her mouth. "Something like that? Barring any kind of outside source to draw upon, there's only one thing that she could be drawing upon. Listen to me, I have another call to make. You need to call Hiro."

"Right! Call me back after!" Han agreed and hung up and sent a call to Hiro.

Toki took a deep breath, slowly blew it back out and called Malty.

The hospital doors opened up with the doctors and nurses wheeling in Chidori Chinatsu on the bed. The lights were still glowing inside of her but they seemed to be dying down now at least and some of them were flickering off and on. Hiro wasn't sure if that was good or bad. "Do you know what's happening to her or how she's doing this?"

"I'm sorry I don't. This is the first time she's ever done it. She's always been a fast healer but this...this is new. This is new." Hiro admitted. "I don't know what this is."

"Okay then, we'll do what we can but this is very different for us. We'll see if we can get some healers to check on her and our machines will check her over."

"Okay, thank you." Hiro stopped and watched her go. As she was being wheeled away Hiro's eyes narrowed. "Wait a second...is it me or does she look...thinner?" She raised her wristwatch and a small drone flew out of it and followed them inconspicuously. "Hey, ARIA? I have a bad feeling about this power of hers. All that energy she's emitting...it has to come from somewhere and I'm worried that it could be burning a tremendous amount of calories." (There's enough chemical energy in a living person to make a reasonably powerful bomb if they were to combusted all at once. If we are to assume that this new power, whatever it is, had some means of efficiently converting calories into fuel, the results would be very noticeable...and the subject would find their last few meals negated, if not suddenly suffering malnutrition like in this case!) "I want you to keep an eye on her for me. Send the results back to me."

"Understood." The drone went into silent mode and flew up into the air and followed Chidori while staying out of sight.

Her phone went off and Hiro looked at it to see it coming from Hawk's phone. "Hello?"

"Hiro! Hiro! Listen to me, I think we might have a problem."

"Is it it about Chidori's current situation?" Hiro asked. "Because I know...and this could be bad." She turned around and walked down the hallway. "I had a feeling this might happen though and I had called ahead to the food court just in case we had to run here."

"You have something in mind?"

"Yeah. 6-Foot Giant Subs contain 36 two-inch large portion and serve 20-25 people each for a total of 5760 calories." Hiro explained. "Two of these should at least be enough to restore her health."

Hinata arrived at the place where Chiyome is stationed to pick her up. It was a facility where the doctors would help her heal from the abuse that some asshole gave her and Chidori, before Hinata intervened and brought him to justice. The doctors and the staff were nice and professional, plus Hinata has known some of them so they'd usually keep her up to date on Chiyome's progress. She looked behind her and waved at Ken who kept the car going outside. Mental hospitals have always made Ken a little un-zen.

The moment she turned her head forward she didn't need time to wait for Chiyome. Before she knew it the smaller woman lept into the tall heroine's arms. Hinata settled from the surprise and hugged the weeping woman before her. She gave Chiyome some time till she eventually calmed down.

Hinata brought her down to her feet and rubbed her arms gently, "Chidori will be fine. She's a fighter, after all, the only thing she needs right now is for her mother to be strong and help her during the recovering process. And I'll be with you guys every step of the way"

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Hinata arrived at the place where Chiyome is stationed to pick her up. It was a facility where the doctors would help her heal from the abuse that some asshole gave her and Chidori, before Hinata intervened and brought him to justice. The doctors and the staff were nice and professional, plus Hinata has known some of them so they'd usually keep her up to date on Chiyome's progress. She looked behind her and waved at Ken who kept the car going outside. Mental hospitals have always made Ken a little un-zen.

The moment she turned her head forward she didn't need time to wait for Chiyome. Before she knew it the smaller woman lept into the tall heroine's arms. Hinata settled from the surprise and hugged the weeping woman before her. She gave Chiyome some time till she eventually calmed down.

Hinata brought her down to her feet and rubbed her arms gently, "Chidori will be fine. She's a fighter, after all, the only thing she needs right now is for her mother to be strong and help her during the recovering process. And I'll be with you guys every step of the way"

https://i.imgur.com/v5hsZpJ.png

Chidori Chiyome nodded and wiped her eyes with a tissue. "Yes. Yes you're right. I know my little Chinatsu will be strong enough to survive whatever that woman could have done to her. I just need to be there for my little girl. Please lead the way."

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"....And then right when we were in the middle of cooking her a meal for when she woke up, the alarms started going off and we ran into her room and we found her body steaming! Flat out steaming!" Han told the crew in an exasperated confused tone as if he was trying to comprehend it himself. "We got her into a cold bath with ice cubes in it to cool her off but it didn't take her long to start boiling that so we called 911 and now she's en route to the hospital."

"And that's not even the weirdest part! She was glowing! Flat out glowing from the inside!" Hana told them. "And these, I don't know, these tiny lightning-like bolts appear on her face, as if it were being cracked by golden veins. Her eyes turn gold and glowing. It was like she had a fire raging inside of her."

Ichika crossed her arms and legs. "Hmmmm. I always knew there was something different about Chidori but while she was always strong this is the first time I've heard about her having super powers. Sooo she's either a late bloomer or..."

"Or a Super Saiyan." Ichika postulated. "Or, wait, no, you guys said she was glowing like a fire?"

"That's right."

"It sounds similar to pyrokinetic absorption." Hawk pointed out. "But there weren't any fires around?"

"No way. ARIA would douse any fires before it would get that bad."

"Correct." The computerized voice spoke up.

"Hi ARIA!" Amaya called up to her.

"Hello Miss Amaterasu. Please keep illicit materials to a minimum."

"Sure thing." She laughed. "Getting back on topic, it's not entirely impossible that she IS a pyro....you said she had a fire inside of her, right? What if she was generating and absorbing her own fire?"

"I guess it's not impossible, and it makes as much sense as everything else she did, but how come nothing else around her got burned?" Hana asked.

"That...I don't know." Amaya confessed.

"Hey by the way was anybody burned?" Ichika asked. "It sounds like regardless of what happened that emitting a cloud of steam like that would superheat her body."

"She was heating up but Hiro managed to get her into the bath that ARIA had already started up before it got too bad. It wouldn't have slowed big sis down anyway even if she was."

"She really is a true Hiro."

Hawk stood up and pulled out her phone and called Toki. "She's going to need to hear all of this."

"Couldn't we just tell her to come back?"

"You know how fast Toki is. She's no speedster but she'll be at the hospital in no time. Besides, she's basically in crisis mode right now, we all are, best to let her run it out."

Wakamura Toki meanwhile was vaulting  and flipping and side-stepping anything in her path without slowing down in her run in a fantastic display of freerunning parkour. It was an amazing display considering her usually composed and collected demeanor. Toki kept right on going until she came to a stop light and she stopped on a dime and she heard her phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Track Star. We have some information you're going to want to hear." Hawk informed her.

"Oh...right. Yes. That's probably important. Sorry. This has been an intense couple of days. What have you learned?"

Hawk handed the phone to Han he informed her of what they'd learned. Toki sat down on a bench and sank down as she tried to process all of this. "What on Earth?" She considered what she was hearing and a sudden realization hit her. "...Hey, Han? When was the last time she ate?"

"She hasn't eaten much. She's been slipping in and out of consciousness since she got here and her body started doing the weird glowing thing before she could eat..." Han promptly stood up. "Wait, are you suggesting-"

"All that energy she's emitting? All that heat? The glowing? It sounds like she's emitting a tremendous amount of energy and, well, that has to be fueled by something." Toki put a thumbnail in her mouth. "Something like that? Barring any kind of outside source to draw upon, there's only one thing that she could be drawing upon. Listen to me, I have another call to make. You need to call Hiro."

"Right! Call me back after!" Han agreed and hung up and sent a call to Hiro.

Toki took a deep breath, slowly blew it back out and called Malty.

The hospital doors opened up with the doctors and nurses wheeling in Chidori Chinatsu on the bed. The lights were still glowing inside of her but they seemed to be dying down now at least and some of them were flickering off and on. Hiro wasn't sure if that was good or bad. "Do you know what's happening to her or how she's doing this?"

"I'm sorry I don't. This is the first time she's ever done it. She's always been a fast healer but this...this is new. This is new." Hiro admitted. "I don't know what this is."

"Okay then, we'll do what we can but this is very different for us. We'll see if we can get some healers to check on her and our machines will check her over."

"Okay, thank you." Hiro stopped and watched her go. As she was being wheeled away Hiro's eyes narrowed. "Wait a second...is it me or does she look...thinner?" She raised her wristwatch and a small drone flew out of it and followed them inconspicuously. "Hey, ARIA? I have a bad feeling about this power of hers. All that energy she's emitting...it has to come from somewhere and I'm worried that it could be burning a tremendous amount of calories." (There's enough chemical energy in a living person to make a reasonably powerful bomb if they were to combusted all at once. If we are to assume that this new power, whatever it is, had some means of efficiently converting calories into fuel, the results would be very noticeable...and the subject would find their last few meals negated, if not suddenly suffering malnutrition like in this case!) "I want you to keep an eye on her for me. Send the results back to me."

"Understood." The drone went into silent mode and flew up into the air and followed Chidori while staying out of sight.

Her phone went off and Hiro looked at it to see it coming from Hawk's phone. "Hello?"

"Hiro! Hiro! Listen to me, I think we might have a problem."

"Is it it about Chidori's current situation?" Hiro asked. "Because I know...and this could be bad." She turned around and walked down the hallway. "I had a feeling this might happen though and I had called ahead to the food court just in case we had to run here."

"You have something in mind?"

"Yeah. 6-Foot Giant Subs contain 36 two-inch large portions and serve 20-25 people each for a total of 5760 calories." Hiro explained. "Two of these should at least be enough to restore her health."

Malty was in her office going through paperwork when she heard the phone. Malty reached out and the phone flew to her hand. "Moshi-Moshi! Oh, hello, Toki. How is Chinatsu holding up?"

"Not great. She may very well have just taken a turn for the worse." Toki replied. "She's on her way to the hospital. Hiro's with her now but they said her body is healing up in a really weird manner."

Toki proceeded to pass along the information she heard from her friends and the Kurosawas. Malty listened intently and sat back in her chair. (That explains the energy I was sensing earlier. could that really all be from Chidori?) She turned her chair and walked to the window and peered out. (I can still feel it. It's so far away but it's like a shining beacon in the night. Where the hell is she getting all this power?) "Alright. I understand. We're heading to the hospital to investigate now. Call Hiro and tell her to have food ready for Chidori. She's going to be burning cals like a furnace."

"That's what we figured too. I'm sure Hiro already has something in mind but we're in contact with her now. Thank you. I'll meet you there."

"Thanks girl. I'll see you there." She hung up and put her phone down. "Head's up bro. We're going to the hospital."

"About time. So tell me: What should we do with the psycho-bitch?"

"Let her live and let her rot in prison." Malty decided. "We both know where she's going when she dies anyway. I'm sure they have such wonderful sights to show her."

Meanwhile!

Suko Chifumi blinked her eyes and slowly sat up in her bed. She narrowed her eyes and looked at the window to her room. She peered into it, peered through it, and found herself looking through the hospital. Apparently at nothing in particular but she could feel what was happening and exactly who was here with her. "...She's here. What is Chinatsu...did she survive after all?" She questioned.

"God what's happening to her?!"

"I don't know it looks like any injuries she had are already gone but it's like she's starving!"

"Her body is wasting away. What's happening to her?"

"For now we need to get her hooked up!"

"And one of these! And one of these! And one of these! And thank you for those!" Hiro thanked the various cashiers around the food court. Hiro turned around and walked away from the food court with her arms full of boxes of Chinese Food, Burger Bags, Two Long Subs and a can of Super Gel Dero Doro balanced on top of it all. She balanced it all perfectly as she walked across the hospital towards the elevator. "Just hold on, Chinatsu, I'm on my way. I am not letting this power starve you to death, you hear me? You are going to live through this. She is not going to win."

"Well said. Want some help with all of that?"

Hiro managed to turn around enough to see Malty and Baron waving to her. "Hey guys. Yeah, yeah, I could use a hand. It's all for Chinatsu. Did you hear what happened?"

https://i.imgur.com/v5hsZpJ.png

Chidori Chiyome nodded and wiped her eyes with a tissue. "Yes. Yes you're right. I know my little Chinatsu will be strong enough to survive whatever that woman could have done to her. I just need to be there for my little girl. Please lead the way."

"Of course. Right this way." They lead Chiyome towards their car. Chidori Chiyome was around the same age as her but she looked older. The harshness of her life, her broken heart and worrying about her daughter made her look older than she was but yet there was still a kindness in her tired eyes and the same spark she often saw in Chinatsu's eyes. All the hardships she'd faced in her life had done nothing to diminish this woman's innate kindness. It was easy to tell where Chinatsu got it from. She took a deep breath and slowly blew it out and then perked up as she followed them to the car. Kenshiro opened it up and Chiyome stepped inside. "Thank you. You're very kind."

"You're welcome, Chiyome. It's the best way to live honestly."

She ducked down inside of the car and buckled up. "Alright then. Lets go. Our children need us."

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

Malty was in her office going through paperwork when she heard the phone. Malty reached out and the phone flew to her hand. "Moshi-Moshi! Oh, hello, Toki. How is Chinatsu holding up?"

"Not great. She may very well have just taken a turn for the worse." Toki replied. "She's on her way to the hospital. Hiro's with her now but they said her body is healing up in a really weird manner."

Toki proceeded to pass along the information she heard from her friends and the Kurosawas. Malty listened intently and sat back in her chair. (That explains the energy I was sensing earlier. could that really all be from Chidori?) She turned her chair and walked to the window and peered out. (I can still feel it. It's so far away but it's like a shining beacon in the night. Where the hell is she getting all this power?) "Alright. I understand. We're heading to the hospital to investigate now. Call Hiro and tell her to have food ready for Chidori. She's going to be burning cals like a furnace."

"That's what we figured too. I'm sure Hiro already has something in mind but we're in contact with her now. Thank you. I'll meet you there."

"Thanks girl. I'll see you there." She hung up and put her phone down. "Head's up bro. We're going to the hospital."

"About time. So tell me: What should we do with the psycho-bitch?"

"Let her live and let her rot in prison." Malty decided. "We both know where she's going when she dies anyway. I'm sure they have such wonderful sights to show her."

Meanwhile!

Suko Chifumi blinked her eyes and slowly sat up in her bed. She narrowed her eyes and looked at the window to her room. She peered into it, peered through it, and found herself looking through the hospital. Apparently at nothing in particular but she could feel what was happening and exactly who was here with her. "...She's here. What is Chinatsu...did she survive after all?" She questioned.

"God what's happening to her?!"

"I don't know it looks like any injuries she had are already gone but it's like she's starving!"

"Her body is wasting away. What's happening to her?"

"For now we need to get her hooked up!"

"And one of these! And one of these! And one of these! And thank you for those!" Hiro thanked the various cashiers around the food court. Hiro turned around and walked away from the food court with her arms full of boxes of Chinese Food, Burger Bags, Two Long Subs and a can of Super Gel Dero Doro balanced on top of it all. She balanced it all perfectly as she walked across the hospital towards the elevator. "Just hold on, Chinatsu, I'm on my way. I am not letting this power starve you to death, you hear me? You are going to live through this. She is not going to win."

"Well said. Want some help with all of that?"

Hiro managed to turn around enough to see Malty and Baron waving to her. "Hey guys. Yeah, yeah, I could use a hand. It's all for Chinatsu. Did you hear what happened?"

"We've already been filled in." Malty told her and took the sandwiches off of her to lighten the load while Baron took the bag.

"Okay. Cool. So do you have any idea what's happening to her?"

"I'll need to examine her to determine the exact process but basically she's tapping into a power she is not ready for and in her condition she has zero control over. As a result of activating these latent powers of hers, her body is using more energy than is necessary, more than it has, and as a result she's burning herself out. She's going to need to eat. A lot. This should be good though. Especially the drink. I wager we've got about 20,860 calories here in total. That should be more than enough for her to finish up and return to normal."

"Think of it as sudden onset hyper-accelerated metabolism." Baron summarized. "Don't worry though. She'll balance back out once she eats."

"So what exactly is this hidden power of hers?"

"We don't know. Yet. Like I said I'll need to examine her first before I can make a definitive call. But I'll tell you this much: I've been feeling her power all the way back at school."

The three of them walked through the hospital towards Chidori's room.

Outside, Toki finally arrived at the hospital after running for the past several blocks! She paused to take a breather and rested against the pillar for a minute while taking out her phone and texting her mom and the others.

I Made It. I'm At The Hospital.

She sent the group text and returned the phone to her pocket. "Goshdarnit to heck. I knew I should've grabbed my bike before I left." She took a break to catch her breath and then walked into the hospital to sign herself in, get a bottle of water and then go find Chidori.

Got it. I'm walking to Chidori's room now. Meet me on the fourth floor.

Maki replied to her text and continued walking across the hospital to Chidori's room. She was certain that Chidori Chinatsu would survive but she needed to know of her condition at the very least. She knew that she'd been recuperating at the Kurosawa Residence before taking a sudden turn for the worse and needing to be rushed to the hospital but she didn't quite know the full extent of her injuries.

One can imagine her reaction when she arrived at Chidori's room and peered through the window to see a bone thin girl with short gray hair and sunken eyes hooked up to machines. "Is this the right room?" She turned to a nurse. "Uhm, excuse me? Could you direct me to Chidori Chinatsu's room?"

The nurse blinked. "I'm sorry to tell you this, Inspector Wakamura, but this is Chidori Chinatsu."

"What? What happened to her?"

"We don't know." The nurse admitted. "Her body had this strange glow inside the entire ride here while her body was wasting away."

Maki covered her mouth with her hand and then looked inside of the room again in horror. Unable to believe that this borderline skeleton was the same proud and vibrant young lady she'd interacted with so many times. She was always so strong and full of life. So proud of her muscles and athletic achievements. She was always so neck-and-neck with her little Toki and the others. How on Earth could she go from that to this in just two days? What on Earth had happened to her?  "What...what...i-is...is it poison? Have they checked for poison?"

"We're investigating that now. You'll know when we do. I'm sorry, Inspector, but we just don't know yet."

Maki took a few steps back and placed her hands on her hips as she ran through her options. "Do you have any healers available?"

"Doctor PaiPai is busy with a patient at the moment but he'll be right down when he's finished."

"I see..okay...uhm...keep an eye on her and keep this room secure." Maki turned on her heels and walked away. "I'm going to have another word with Suko." (If that bitch poisoned her, then I'm going to make her tell me.)

The elevator dinged and Hiro exited with the Battousai's in tow. "This way." Hiro told them. (Hang in there Chinatsu. We're coming.)

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"We've already been filled in." Malty told her and took the sandwiches off of her to lighten the load while Baron took the bag.

"Okay. Cool. So do you have any idea what's happening to her?"

"I'll need to examine her to determine the exact process but basically she's tapping into a power she is not ready for and in her condition she has zero control over. As a result of activating these latent powers of hers, her body is using more energy than is necessary, more than it has, and as a result she's burning herself out. She's going to need to eat. A lot. This should be good though. Especially the drink. I wager we've got about 20,860 calories here in total. That should be more than enough for her to finish up and return to normal."

"Think of it as sudden onset hyper-accelerated metabolism." Baron summarized. "Don't worry though. She'll balance back out once she eats."

"So what exactly is this hidden power of hers?"

"We don't know. Yet. Like I said I'll need to examine her first before I can make a definitive call. But I'll tell you this much: I've been feeling her power all the way back at school."

The three of them walked through the hospital towards Chidori's room.

Outside, Toki finally arrived at the hospital after running for the past several blocks! She paused to take a breather and rested against the pillar for a minute while taking out her phone and texting her mom and the others.

She sent the group text and returned the phone to her pocket. "Goshdarnit to heck. I knew I should've grabbed my bike before I left." She took a break to catch her breath and then walked into the hospital to sign herself in, get a bottle of water and then go find Chidori.

Maki replied to her text and continued walking across the hospital to Chidori's room. She was certain that Chidori Chinatsu would survive but she needed to know of her condition at the very least. She knew that she'd been recuperating at the Kurosawa Residence before taking a sudden turn for the worse and needing to be rushed to the hospital but she didn't quite know the full extent of her injuries.

One can imagine her reaction when she arrived at Chidori's room and peered through the window to see a bone thin girl with short gray hair and sunken eyes hooked up to machines. "Is this the right room?" She turned to a nurse. "Uhm, excuse me? Could you direct me to Chidori Chinatsu's room?"

The nurse blinked. "I'm sorry to tell you this, Inspector Wakamura, but this is Chidori Chinatsu."

"What? What happened to her?"

"We don't know." The nurse admitted. "Her body had this strange glow inside the entire ride here while her body was wasting away."

Maki covered her mouth with her hand and then looked inside of the room again in horror. Unable to believe that this borderline skeleton was the same proud and vibrant young lady she'd interacted with so many times. She was always so strong and full of life. So proud of her muscles and athletic achievements. She was always so neck-and-neck with her little Toki and the others. How on Earth could she go from that to this in just two days? What on Earth had happened to her?  "What...what...i-is...is it poison? Have they checked for poison?"

"We're investigating that now. You'll know when we do. I'm sorry, Inspector, but we just don't know yet."

Maki took a few steps back and placed her hands on her hips as she ran through her options. "Do you have any healers available?"

"Doctor PaiPai is busy with a patient at the moment but he'll be right down when he's finished."

"I see..okay...uhm...keep an eye on her and keep this room secure." Maki turned on her heels and walked away. "I'm going to have another word with Suko." (If that bitch poisoned her, then I'm going to make her tell me.)

The elevator dinged and Hiro exited with the Battousai's in tow. "This way." Hiro told them. (Hang in there Chinatsu. We're coming.)

The three of them hurried down the hallway to Chinatsu's room and they nearly ran right into Maki before both parties stopped. "Huh? Oh, Hiro! Malty! Baron! I-I'm sorry. I was lost in thought. Uhm." She turned her head and looked down the hallway and then back to them. "Listen to me. Chidori Chinatsu is sleeping right now. The doctors are looking after her. I-I don't think this is a good time to see her. They'll let you know when she's available. I think I know what's going on but I need to handle it alone. Until then you should sit down and rest and wait for word from the staff." She finally noticed the food. "Who is all of that for?"

"We know what's going on, Inspector." Malty informed her. "It's a rather complex situation, we know, but to summarize she just needs to refresh the calories she burned repairing her body. Right now she's undergoing Momentary Rapid Onset Hyperactive Metabolism."

"I-is that even a thing?" Maki questioned.

"It is but rest assured she'll be fine. Her body will have started stabilizing by now and once she gets some food in her she'll be fine." Baron replied. "Please, just let us go. We can save her."

"So, she's just...hungry? That's it? It's not...poison?"

"No. Trust me, I would've noticed if it was. I had ARIA examine her when we brought her home."

Maki breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh Kami that is such a relief. Okay, yes, I'll show you where she is but how are you planning to get in?"

"Just leave that to me." Malty assured her. "Come on. Lets go."

Toki impatiently tapped her foot while she waited for the elevators to tick down from the upper floor. She took a swig from her water bottle and then put the cap back on. "Oh to heck with it I'm taking the stairs." She decided and ran to the door, pushed through it and began rapidly climbing the stairs to the fourth floor.

Hinata's car arrived outside and parked. She relaxed and calmly got out of the car and helped Chiyome to leave her car and she, Hinata and Kenshiro walked to the hospital's front door. Chiyome stared intently at the hospital and then she looked upwards and then from left to right and back again before she seemed to zero in on one in particular. "There." She pointed at an upper right window. "...There."

"What's that, Chiyome?"

"There. She's...there. In that room. I can tell. My little girl's in there. Something's wrong with her. I don't know what, or just how I can tell, but, something's very wrong. We need to hurry."

"Then lets not waste even a moment." Kenshiro replied. "Once we get signed in I'll take us to the fourth floor."

Maki, Hiro, Malty and Battousai traversed the hospital hallways until they arrived at Chidori's room where she was being looked after by the hospital staff. Hiro stopped in her tracks. "My...God."

"It's worse than I thought. We can't waste any more time. Lets get in there."

"R-right. Come on."

Malty looked at the door and it opened up on its own.

The hospital staff looked up from Chidori and a doctor approached her. "I'm very sorry ma'am but you can't...M-Miss Battousai? What are you doing here?" He asked in surprise.

"Saving the day." She held the bags over to the doctor. "Hold these for me."

"Uhm, sure, but what are you going to do?"

"Just giving her a boost." Malty handed the bags off to the doctor and reached out to Chidori Chinatsu, waved her hands over her in a clockwise and counter-clockwise pattern while white lights began shining from her hands down onto Chidori's body and Malty began to chant.

"Haec est incantatio, quae nos intonet caro ad carnem et os ad os. Nervus ad nervum et venam venae et unus quisque integer erit. Lux clara, lucens Sana ea dolet omnibus viribus tuis. Haec est incantatio, quae nos intonet caro ad carnem et os ad os. Nervus ad nervum et venam venae et unus quisque integer erit. Lux clara, lucens Sana ea dolet omnibus viribus tuis. Haec est incantatio, quae nos intonet caro ad carnem et os ad os. Nervus ad nervum et venam venae et unus quisque integer erit. Lux clara, lucens Sana ea dolet omnibus viribus tuis!" Chidori's body was bathed in the healing light and her body and her own internal energies stabilized which meant her healing abilities became stable as well so her body stopped eating itself and she was able to start recovering properly. She stopped breathing so hard and color began returning to her skin and her hair became darker. She promptly sat up and reached up with one shaking hand and gently pulled off her mask.

"W-wait! Miss Chidori! I must insist!"

"Fooooooooood......" Chidori moaned.

"That's our cue!" Malty sat down and motioned the others over. They set the food down on a table and then Hiro unwrapped one of the subways and handed her some food.

"Alright, Chidori, time to eat up!"

(Hold on a second...was that...does Malty really possess magical powers?) Maki questioned.

Malty looked back at her. "Don't worry. I'll explain later. Oh and Hiro?" Hiro looked back at her. "You're going to want to watch your fingers."

Chidori sniffed the sandwich and then she leaned forward and took a gentle bite, slowly chewed and swallowed and then she took another bite, chewed slowly, swallowed and then she took another bite before her hand suddenly snatched up, grabbed the sandwich and began devouring it ravenously! She speed ate it so fast she practically inhaled it!

"Woah!"

Chidori swallowed it and looked at the table. "Need...more."

"You got it!"

Toki arrived on the fourth floor and looked from left to right. "Okaaaay...now then...which way to Chidori?" She stepped over to a wall so she would be out of the way and closed her eyes. "Lets see...where are you? If I was working here...which way would I take you? Hmmmmm..."

Oddly enough, she felt it! She felt...something. She felt something drawing her into a particular direction. Toki's eyes opened up. "Got it!" Toki turned and speed walked down the hallway.

"Annnd there we go!" Chiyome finished signing herself in after Hinata and Kenshiro. "Uhm, excuse me, can you please tell me where Chidori Chinatsu is?"

"Oh Chinatsu? She's in room 417 but you should know that she's..." The receptionist trailed off as she looked into Chiyome's eyes and then changed her approach. "That is to say, I understand that she's still asleep."

Chiyome looked up at the ceiling. "I can feel her. She's still strong. We're not too late. Please now. Take me to her. Thank you ma'am."

"Of course."

Hinata nodded and they followed Kenshiro to the stairwell. "Oh yeah. This will work out just fine. Hold on tight to me, okay?"

"Uhhh like this? Mister Kenshiro, what exactly are you going to do?"

"You're going to want to hold on tight. Just like that." Hinata informed her.

"Right. Okay, I think I'm ready for whatever!"

Kenshiro nodded and leaped to the second floor stairs, then the third floor and then the fourth floor landing! "There we go." He set the ladies down. "See? No problem at all. Just a quick and easy trip.

Chiyome stumbled forward and then fixed her hair. "Oh my. That was exciting. But how did you do that?"

"I train a lot. Are you ready?"

"Yes." Chiyome pushed the door open.

Chidori Chinatsu continued to consume the food. She was rapidly downing the sandwiches, which were meant to feed up to 25 people per set, oh and these had practically every topping Hiro could stack on them on top of all of that, like they were candy! She consumed them all in no time at all and then she followed those up with the burgers and she scarfed those down just as rapidly. After swallowing those down? She had the take out boxes, popped them open and ate everything inside! She was like a blackhole of food!

"I...I feel like I should be looking away but I can't." Maki said out loud.

"Oh this is what it looks when an anime character eats." Hiro responded. "Huh. You know? It's kind of amazing she hasn't choked on anything yet."

"Her stomach is  a Cosmos unto itself. It's connected to the void of the universe. Clearly."

Malty just laughed. "First time seeing someone ravenously replenishing calories rapidly?"

"Yeah we've all been there. Been a while since I've seen a normal do it though. Always good for a laugh." Baron added.

Finally she finished the food and set the box down. Hiro handed her the drink and disposed of the food. Chidori took a good look, realized it was a can, popped it open and downed the whole drink.

"Mom!"

Maki turned back around to see Toki approaching her. "Hi Honey! Sorry, I wanted to meet you at the elevator but...I got a little caught up."

"It's fine. Where's Chinatsu? Is she still here? Is she okay?"

"Toki?" Hiro asked. "When did you get here?"

"When I heard that she was here I panicked and ran the whole way." Toki admittedly sheepishly. "Not...one of my better ideas but I was the one who called the Battousai's. So, is Chidori-"

"OHHHHHH MAAAAAAAN! That hit the spot!" Chidori exclaimed from behind them. Hiro turned back around to see Chidori licking her lips and setting the can down right in front of her extremely bloated stomach. A giant balloon that grotesquely contrasted with the rest of her rail thin body. She sighed happily and exhaled a bout of steam from her mouth and she closed her eyes and raised her hands up in front of herself and bowed her head. Her voice suddenly took on a softer tone with a reverberating echo exiting her mouth as she spoke.

"Seimei Kikan: Shoka, Kyushu!"
*Life Return: Digestion, Absorption!*

"Uhhh what? Who is-"

"Chidori's stomach slowly began shrinking away as her body began to bulk back up again. The energy she gained from eating all of that food was returned to her body and the rail thin twig began transforming back into the healthy strong young lady she used to be! She clenched her fists and her body suddenly pumped up with muscle before receding to its normal shape. Her muscles and bones became stronger and her hair grew out to its original length and luster! Her already substantial chest went up a cup size and her body seemed to be slightly more muscular than it was before she fought Suko but other than that she was back to normal. Chidori opened her eyes back up and the light returned to them. She blinked a few times and looked at her friends.

"Hey guys!" She greeted cheerfully. Apparently not even realizing what she just did. "What's up?"

(...I'm not sure what just happened and I don't freaking care. We'll figure it out later!) Tears welled up behind Hiro's eyes as she and Toki leaped onto the crumb filled bed and hugged their friend. "CHINATSU!"

Chiyome, Hinata and Kenshiro all turned their heads. "You hear that? We've found her. Just follow the crying laughter."

You are here » World of Paragons » Knights of Hinansho » Suko And Chidori: Aftermath, Recovery And Judgment!