World of Paragons

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.


You are here » World of Paragons » Expanded Universe Stories » The Night When Evil Dies


The Night When Evil Dies

Posts 1 to 35 of 35

1

Note: this short story came to me when I’ve asked myself a rather nifty question, what is an elusive serial killer encounters the wrong person? Have fun kiddies!

2

A nightly ritual that she'd usually give herself every holiday season. At the stroke of midnight, she'd position herself in the center of the living room and meditate as soothing jazz music fills the room. She likes to get herself into a Zen mood before she'd retire for the night. While living in the environment he's in is rather peaceful she admits that it does get pretty boring from time to time. So she'd proceed to take great lengths in entertaining herself. From painting to listening to music on a Victorian record player that her husband bought her as a wedding present.

She can hear the chaos outside. But this is her night and nothing is going to disrupt her ritual. Prior to this one of her neighbors ask if she'd like to participate in tonight's hunt but she politely declined. She has seen enough of this scenario in her lifetime to know that it usually doesn't end well.

She focused on her breathing exercises, in and out. The usual stuff. She repeated it till she found her center. And before long she'd barely hear the chanting from the neighborhood residents outside. But she can make out that sweet symphony that the record player sings to her. Until that is eventually fated away. All that is left is just her, the sound of her heartbeat, and the life force within her moving as one.

3

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

A nightly ritual that she'd usually give herself every holiday season. At the stroke of midnight, she'd position herself in the center of the living room and meditate as soothing jazz music fills the room. She likes to get herself into a Zen mood before she'd retire for the night. While living in the environment he's in is rather peaceful she admits that it does get pretty boring from time to time. So she'd proceed to take great lengths in entertaining herself. From painting to listening to music on a Victorian record player that her husband bought her as a wedding present.

She can hear the chaos outside. But this is her night and nothing is going to disrupt her ritual. Prior to this one of her neighbors ask if she'd like to participate in tonight's hunt but she politely declined. She has seen enough of this scenario in her lifetime to know that it usually doesn't end well.

She focused on her breathing exercises, in and out. The usual stuff. She repeated it till she found her center. And before long she'd barely hear the chanting from the neighborhood residents outside. But she can make out that sweet symphony that the record player sings to her. Until that is eventually fated away. All that is left is just her, the sound of her heartbeat, and the life force within her moving as one.

Getting more and more intriguing! Mikey is definitely in for one hell of a night against our mystery heroine!

4

As I was in my meditative state my thoughts go towards my Goddaughter Jamie Brannon.  When she informed me of what happened I informed her to stay with her mother and grandmother. Then call the number of a Paladin agent I knew back in the day. I told Jamie that the agent in question will watch over her and her family while they'd get transferred to Shepard. Yeah, the rumors you hear about the town are true but they're safer there than here. Eventually, they'll meet a member of the student council. I instructed, should that happen, tell that person I sent them. And that The President owes me one. I figure that should be enough to grant them a hotel suite where they'll live comfortably enough.

At this point, they're halfway there by now but I did happen to make one final instruction. Jamie left her phone behind, The Faceless Man will find it. When he does he'd see a video of Jamie daring her dear old Uncle to meet up here for a final showdown.

I can feel his presence near. Needless to say, the atmosphere within the home is going to get pretty intense

There is a saying that behind every door, opportunity awaits. I smiled to myself. The Faceless Man will get his final showdown, just not from the person he'd expect.

Note: Yes. This takes place in the same world as the Blackburn Chronicles & Legacy of The Dragon. And Guardian. And yes. Jamie Brannon is related to The Brannon's.

5

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

As I was in my meditative state my thoughts go towards my Goddaughter Jessica Brannon.  When she informed me of what happened I informed her to stay with her mother and grandmother. Then call the number of a Paladin agent I knew back in the day. I told Jess that the agent in question will watch over her and her family while they'd get transferred to Shepard. Yeah, the rumors you hear about the town are true but they're safer there than here. Eventually, they'll meet a member of the student council. I instructed, should that happen, tell that person I sent them. And that The President owes me one. I figure that should be enough to grant them a hotel suite where they'll live comfortably enough.

At this point, they're halfway there by now but I did happen to make one final instruction. Jess left her phone behind, The Faceless Man will find it. When he does he'd see a video of Jess daring her dear old Uncle to meet up here for a final showdown.

I can feel his presence near.

There is a saying that behind every door, opportunity awaits. I smiled to myself. The Faceless Man will get his final showdown, just not from the person he'd expect.

Note: Yes. This takes place in the same world as the Blackburn Chronicles & Legacy of The Dragon. And Guardian. And yes. Jessica Brannon is related to The Brannon's.

You know? I think meeting her would be very interesting for The Blackburns. It could actually provide some closure to what happened. This is honestly pretty ingenious bro. It gives us a chance to experiment with future character interactions even more!

I cannot wait to see the upcoming showdown between our heroine and The Shape! The embodiment of evil is about to face something far greater than itself!

6

Author's Note: I was actually thinking the same thing!

In the movies, we always expect this knock-down drag out the showdown that gets our blood burning. In my line of work that is the last option, you have to do. Because you don't want the enemy to have an advantage. You always have to be a few steps ahead. Otherwise, you'd end up giving your target that one good day. And the one rule that my training officer would drill into my head is to never let the enemy have a good day.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/wp-content/uploads/20mm-anti-tank-Lahti.png

She lays on the grassy surface of the backyard, with her hands gripped on the anti-tank rifle. The winds are cold yet calm, which puts her at a huge advantage. She takes a few breaths to keep herself calm. When you're in a life or death mission you can't have room for negative emotion. Because negative emotions cause you to make a mistake. She self meditates till she can sense her Essence kicking in. She can sense the presence of The Faceless Man

He's like a humanoid equivalent of a storm approaching her home. Her eyes focused on her home as the masked killer had already broken in. No doubt answering the call for a final showdown. She trails her rifle like a sniper would mark their target. She has a lock and he's not leaving her sight.

If this were the movies, she'd have some badass one-liner. She's a professional. She has no time for one-liners.

At the risk of sounding cliche. Four shots were enough and loud enough to wake the dead. Given the world she lives in, they'd probably wonder what the fuck was that?! The bullets tore through the back area of her house and undoubtedly hit their intended target. She picked up her swordnext to her, stood up, and marched back inside to confront The Faceless Man.

7

I took a sharp breath. The Faceless Man's dark essence was pretty intense. When Nancy mentioned that her brother was made of evil she wasn't kidding. I have seen my share of evil. And fought my share too. This one I'm sensing is lightweight in comparison.

The interior of the home has seen better days. I make a mental note to have someone redecorate the place. The Essence pinpointed The Faceless Man's presence and I stopped to discover him. Both of his arms and legs were destroyed. He didn't even have much of a torso when my rifle was done with him.

My suspicions were correct. While The Faceless Man is writhing on the floor like a fish I noticed that his body is in the process of rebuilding itself. I walked around and stood before him.

The Faceless Man pushed himself up till its burnt mask looked up at me. He didn't beg or even cry. Even with the mask, I can sense a mixture of confusion and acceptance of his fate. A hero would spare him and find a way for him to rot in a makeshift prison. Yet I'm no hero.

With a single slash of my sword, I beheaded The Faceless Man. As of 3:25 of this night. Evil has died.

8

9

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Author's Note: I was actually thinking the same thing!

In the movies, we always expect this knock-down drag out the showdown that gets our blood burning. In my line of work that is the last option, you have to do. Because you don't want the enemy to have an advantage. You always have to be a few steps ahead. Otherwise, you'd end up giving your target that one good day. And the one rule that my training officer would drill into my head is to never let the enemy have a good day.

She lays on the grassy surface of the backyard, with her hands gripped on the anti-tank rifle. The winds are cold yet calm, which puts her at a huge advantage. She takes a few breaths to keep herself calm. When you're in a life or death mission you can't have room for negative emotion. Because negative emotions cause you to make a mistake. She self meditates till she can sense her Essence kicking in. She can sense the presence of The Faceless Man

He's like a humanoid equivalent of a storm approaching her home. Her eyes focused on her home as the masked killer had already broken in. No doubt answering the call for a final showdown. She trails her rifle like a sniper would mark their target. She has a lock and he's not leaving her sight.

If this were the movies, she'd have some badass one-liner. She's a professional. She has no time for one-liners.

At the risk of sounding cliche. Four shots were enough and loud enough to wake the dead. Given the world she lives in, they'd probably wonder what the fuck was that?! The bullets tore through the back area of her house and undoubtedly hit their intended target. She picked up her swordnext to her, stood up, and marched back inside to confront The Faceless Man.

:rofl:

The takeaway from all of this of course is to always be prepared. When you're up against a Horror Slasher, get the biggest gun or weapon you've got and use every low down dirty trick you've got to wipe them out.  :glasses:

There is no mercy here. It's kill or be killed.

10

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

I took a sharp breath. The Faceless Man's dark essence was pretty intense. When Nancy mentioned that her brother was made of evil she wasn't kidding. I have seen my share of evil. And fought my share too. This one I'm sensing is lightweight in comparison.

The interior of the home has seen better days. I make a mental note to have someone redecorate the place. The Essence pinpointed The Faceless Man's presence and I stopped to discover him. Both of his arms and legs were destroyed. He didn't even have much of a torso when my rifle was done with him.

My suspicions were correct. While The Faceless Man is writhing on the floor like a fish I noticed that his body is in the process of rebuilding itself. I walked around and stood before him.

The Faceless Man pushed himself up till its burnt mask looked up at me. He didn't beg or even cry. Even with the mask, I can sense a mixture of confusion and acceptance of his fate. A hero would spare him and find a way for him to rot in a makeshift prison. Yet I'm no hero.

With a single slash of my sword, I beheaded The Faceless Man. As of 3:25 of this night. Evil has died.

No mercy, no hesitation, just blow him apart and cut him up. Best way to deal with a slasher.

11

I fell to my knees as The Quintessence finished. I could still feel the electrical remnants of it flowing through me. The only thing holding me upright was my sword.

"Mom!"

I felt two comforting hands on my shoulder. I was so caught up on the after-effects of The Quintessence that I didn't even notice my daughter near me.

"Has it settled yet?" Carmella asked

"A little," I say to her. "I might take it back later but...I'm getting too old for this 拉屎"

"Are you kidding? You took this guy out and looked no worse for wear" I hear her partner Sam Blackwell as she crouched to examine the body of The Faceless Man.

"I already like you Fae-Girl. No need for the brown-nosing"

"He's gone" Sam commented

"Pretty obvious"

"I mean his spirit. This might as well be an empty husk"

Sounds like I might have a chat with Death regarding that. If being honest, the afterlife is far too good for that monster. As my daughter and in-law help me up I see Loretto scanning the place. "You might need a bigger dustpan."

Note:
That's right! Izumi in da house!

12

Author's Note: Yeah a one-sided curbstomp sure but this is a perfect example of what would happen when a slasher goes up against...oh let's just say a female equivalent of Captain America. Doesn't feel good when The Slasher is put at a huge disadvantage.

13

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

I fell to my knees as The Quintessence finished. I could still feel the electrical remnants of it flowing through me. The only thing holding me upright was my sword.

"Mom!"

I felt two comforting hands on my shoulder. I was so caught up on the after-effects of The Quintessence that I didn't even notice my daughter near me.

"Has it settled yet?" Carmella asked

"A little," I say to her. "I might take it back later but...I'm getting too old for this 拉屎"

"Are you kidding? You took this guy out and looked no worse for wear" I hear her partner Sam Blackwell as she crouched to examine the body of The Faceless Man.

"I already like you Fae-Girl. No need for the brown-nosing"

"He's gone" Sam commented

"Pretty obvious"

"I mean his spirit. This might as well be an empty husk"

Sounds like I might have a chat with Death regarding that. If being honest, the afterlife is far too good for that monster. As my daughter and in-law help me up I see Loretto scanning the place. "You might need a bigger dustpan."

Note: That's right! Izumi in da house!

OH this makes so much sense! Now we know where Carmella gets it from!  :rofl:

That is one badass awesome introduction to Izumi man! Love it!

Loreto Luciano nodded her head, disappeared around the corner and returned with a larger broom and dust pan. She calmly strolled over to the decaying rotting husk of the body disinitegrating into dusk and swept it up into the dust pan and then emptied it into the trash bag. This settled she set them both aside and walked back over to the destroyed wall and raised her hands.

"By The Light Of Uteiu I Invoke The Hearth Of Leime So That This Home May Be Repaired To The State It Was In Before Devastation So Mote It Be." A magical sigil appeared underneath her feet and light shined out of her hands. As Izumi and the others looked on the destroyed portions of the house began repairing themselves before their very eyes! Within moments the destruction of the house was reversed and Izumi's home returned to the state it was in before she opened fire on the Faceless Man and the effects from The Quintessence. Once it was completed she placed her hands and bowed her head. "We give our thanks to Leime and Utieu for their kindness and generosity this night." There was another moment of silence as the family sent their thanks to the Deities and then Loreto raised her head back up lowered her arms. "Now then. Would you like some tea?"

14

"Damn." Izumi looked around, she looked at her daughter and in-law who had already taken their shoes off and placed them near the front door. She returned her attention back at Loretto and smiled. "I'd love that. Make that four. You're both a guest and family after all"

She had already taken a picture of The Faceless Man that she's prepared to send to Jamie. With a caption that read: "Gave him hell, kiddo" before she send it.

"Evil Will Die!"

"Evil Will Die!"

"Evil Will Die!"

"Soooo.....Is anyone going to tell them?" Sammy asked the others as the faint chant can be heard outside.

Izumi Quan Sun smiled and stuck her tongue out. "I'll let them figure it out"

15

Izumi Quan Sun!

https://i.imgur.com/2wII2aQ.png

16

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

"Damn." Izumi looked around, she looked at her daughter and in-law who had already taken their shoes off and placed them near the front door. She returned her attention back at Loretto and smiled. "I'd love that. Make that four. You're both a guest and family after all"

She had already taken a picture of The Faceless Man that she's prepared to send to Jamie. With a caption that read: "Gave him hell, kiddo" before she send it.

"Evil Will Die!"

"Evil Will Die!"

"Evil Will Die!"

"Soooo.....Is anyone going to tell them?" Sammy asked the others as the faint chant can be heard outside.

Izumi Quan Sun smiled and stuck her tongue out. "I'll let them figure it out"

"Gladly your highness." She returned to the kitchen and paused as she considered what kind to make before settling on Long Jing Chinese Green Tea to properly celebrate their victory.

Long Jing is often called the national drink of China and is frequently given to visiting heads of state. It is also a favorite tea of today's top leaders, with a portion of production reserved for government customers. Like most other Chinese green tea, Longjing tea leaves are pan fired (not fried) to stop the fermentation process. In the world of tea, the term "fermentation" refers to the drying of the freshly picked leaves, resulting in enzymatic oxidation. This oxidation is stopped by frying or steaming the leaves before they completely dry out. As is the case with other green teas, Longjing tea leaves are unfermented. When steeped, the tea produces a yellow-green color, a gentle, pure aroma, and a rich flavor. The tea contains Vitiman C, amino acids, and has one of the highest concentration of catechins among teas, second only to white teas.

She started by rinsing a gaiwan with hot water and then she swirled the hot wateer around to warm the cup. Next she took the 1 teaspoon of Dragon's Well loose tea and placed them in a tea strainer and set in the gaiwan and filled the teacup with water around 175 degrees Farenheit and let the tea leaves steep for 2-3 minutes. Finally she removed the tea leaves and served everyone their tea.

Dragon's Well tea leaves can be infused 3 to 5 times before losing flavor. Set the leaves aside to brew multiple infusions, just make sure to increase the steeping time with each infusion by about 30 seconds.

"Any bets on how long they'll keep this up?" Sammy asked and accepted her cup. "Thank you Loreto."

17

" Appreciated Loretto. The Sheriff is out there, to make sure that the mob doesn't get too out of control. I know her so eventually she'd be the first to know what's up and call the hunt off." Izumi says while taking a sip of her tea, she strolled to the record player to play some Real Folk Blues before she joins the gang at the couch.

18

:rofl:

19

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

" Appreciated Loretto. The Sheriff is out there, to make sure that the mob doesn't get too out of control. I know her so eventually she'd be the first to know what's up and call the hunt off." Izumi says while taking a sip of her tea, she strolled to the record player to play some Real Folk Blues before she joins the gang at the couch.

"That's good to know." Sammy sighed as she relaxed.

"So how are you feeling, mom? Any stronger?" Carmella asked her mother as Loreto handed the tea to her. "Thank you."

"Of course, princess." She sat down to enjoy her own tea.

20

Will respond tomorrow🥱😴

21

"Not sure. When I sensed the creep I did feel an intense amount of Dark Essence within him. It was infantile yet had the potential to be far greater. I wouldn't know for sure until I start training tomorrow. There is one thing I know though"

"What is that?" Sam asked

"Once I've taken his Essence I can see glimpses of his life." Izumi took a deep breath and rubs her forehead. When you've slain an essence user, you obtain their memories. For Izumi, it's like hitching a ride inside his mind and could only watch him slay countless victims until he was brought down for good.

22

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

"Not sure. When I sensed the creep I did feel an intense amount of Dark Essence within him. It was infantile yet had the potential to be far greater. I wouldn't know for sure until I start training tomorrow. There is one thing I know though"

"What is that?" Sam asked

"Once I've taken his Essence I can see glimpses of his life." Izumi took a deep breath and rubs her forehead. When you've slain an essence user, you obtain their memories. For Izumi, it's like hitching a ride inside his mind and could only watch him slay countless victims until he was brought down for good.

Loreto didn't need to be a mind reader to figure out what she'd seen. "I see. Considering the Faceless Man's personality, as much as we were able to glimpse, and his trail of destruction across this town, then you must have witnessed a lifetime of slaughter with no light at the end. Am I right?"

"Basically." Izumi admitted. "It's just one long nightmare on loop."

23

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

Loreto didn't need to be a mind reader to figure out what she'd seen. "I see. Considering the Faceless Man's personality, as much as we were able to glimpse, and his trail of destruction across this town, then you must have witnessed a lifetime of slaughter with no light at the end. Am I right?"

"Basically." Izumi admitted. "It's just one long nightmare on loop."

Carmella wrapped her arm around her mother and pulled her in for a comforting hug. It wasn't long till Sammy went over and provide one as well

24

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Carmella wrapped her arm around her mother and pulled her in for a comforting hug. It wasn't long till Sammy went over and provide one as well

Awwwwww!

IC!

Loreto enjoyed her tea while mother and child and friend embraced one another. She soon set down her teacup and walked over to them and placed a comforting hand on Izumi's shoulder. "You will be fine, Empress. While viewing such a nightmare can be a trying experience I know that you are more than strong enough to overcome it. You are one of the strongest humans on this Earth. You will overcome this trial as you have the others and come out from it as much stronger than you were before." She complimented Izumi.

Despite her usual monotone voice it was a very comforting little speech and strangely enough Izumi could feel the warmness behind her voice.

25

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

Awwwwww!

IC!

Loreto enjoyed her tea while mother and child and friend embraced one another. She soon set down her teacup and walked over to them and placed a comforting hand on Izumi's shoulder. "You will be fine, Empress. While viewing such a nightmare can be a trying experience I know that you are more than strong enough to overcome it. You are one of the strongest humans on this Earth. You will overcome this trial as you have the others and come out from it as much stronger than you were before." She complimented Izumi.

Despite her usual monotone voice it was a very comforting little speech and strangely enough, Izumi could feel the warmness behind her voice.

Izumi can feel whatever troubles that plagued her mind start to vanish like a dream she just wake up from. Her cheeks flushed at the compliment but Izumi scoffed, "Oh, Loreto. You'd make a lousy human. And I mean it is the sincerest form of compliment"

26

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Izumi can feel whatever troubles that plagued her mind start to vanish like a dream she just wake up from. Her cheeks flushed at the compliment but Izumi scoffed, "Oh, Loreto. You'd make a lousy human. And I mean it is the sincerest form of compliment"

"I tried that. It didn't work so well. Becoming a Vampire was honestly the best thing to ever happen to me." She replied and patted her shoulder. "Rest now and enjoy your tea. I will be right back." Loreto walked over to the trash, took the bag out and tied it up and walked out of the house to the garage to drop it in the trash can while a new bag rose up to replace the one she'd just taken out.

She was right in the middle of taking the trash can out when she noticed the now aimless mob with only a few of them still chanting. The rest had either lost their voices, gotten tired or were just getting bored not finding anything.

"Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight!"

Loreto calmly pulled the trash can out to the curb and set it down.

"Miss Luciano, is that you?"

"Hello." She greeted casually.

"Hey! Have you seen him? Is he here? Did he come by here? We've been looking everywhere but he gave us the slip!"

"Where is he?"

"Where did he go?"

"Where is he?"

"We have to destroy it!"

The Vampire Maid listened to them for almost a full minute before she raised her pointer finger and then pointed to the left. "I saw him out the window walking in that direction."

"WHOO! WE'VE GOT HIM BOYS! LETS GO! THANK YOU LORETO!"

"Happy Hunting." She turned around and walked back into the house and closed the garage door behind her as the mob turned around and walked away in the same direction they'd just came from.

27

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"I tried that. It didn't work so well. Becoming a Vampire was honestly the best thing to ever happen to me." She replied and patted her shoulder. "Rest now and enjoy your tea. I will be right back." Loreto walked over to the trash, took the bag out and tied it up and walked out of the house to the garage to drop it in the trash can while a new bag rose up to replace the one she'd just taken out.

She was right in the middle of taking the trash can out when she noticed the now aimless mob with only a few of them still chanting. The rest had either lost their voices, gotten tired or were just getting bored not finding anything.

"Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight!"

Loreto calmly pulled the trash can out to the curb and set it down.

"Miss Luciano, is that you?"

"Hello." She greeted casually.

"Hey! Have you seen him? Is he here? Did he come by here? We've been looking everywhere but he gave us the slip!"

"Where is he?"

"Where did he go?"

"Where is he?"

"We have to destroy it!"

The Vampire Maid listened to them for almost a full minute before she raised her pointer finger and then pointed to the left. "I saw him out the window walking in that direction."

"WHOO! WE'VE GOT HIM BOYS! LETS GO! THANK YOU LORETO!"

"Happy Hunting." She turned around and walked back into the house and closed the garage door behind her as the mob turned around and walked away in the same direction they'd just came from.

"You know, you could always take the credit." Carmella nudged against her mother.

"And they may as well make me Mayor as result" Izumi shook her head. "Being Empress is enough. Besides me and The Sheriff already arranged that the person who did it was an anonymous individual who'd prefer his privacy"

Carmella and Sammy looked at each other then back at Izumi.

"Who? You know they're going to ask" Sammy says

"Someone who is familiar in killing Boogeymen"

Carmella:  :huh:

"Who better than your Friend With Benefits" Izumi used air quotations with the last one

"MOM!!!  :blush:  "

"I'm right here guys, right here" Sammy said

28

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"I tried that. It didn't work so well. Becoming a Vampire was honestly the best thing to ever happen to me." She replied and patted her shoulder. "Rest now and enjoy your tea. I will be right back." Loreto walked over to the trash, took the bag out and tied it up and walked out of the house to the garage to drop it in the trash can while a new bag rose up to replace the one she'd just taken out.

She was right in the middle of taking the trash can out when she noticed the now aimless mob with only a few of them still chanting. The rest had either lost their voices, gotten tired or were just getting bored not finding anything.

"Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight!"

Loreto calmly pulled the trash can out to the curb and set it down.

"Miss Luciano, is that you?"

"Hello." She greeted casually.

"Hey! Have you seen him? Is he here? Did he come by here? We've been looking everywhere but he gave us the slip!"

"Where is he?"

"Where did he go?"

"Where is he?"

"We have to destroy it!"

The Vampire Maid listened to them for almost a full minute before she raised her pointer finger and then pointed to the left. "I saw him out the window walking in that direction."

"WHOO! WE'VE GOT HIM BOYS! LETS GO! THANK YOU LORETO!"

"Happy Hunting." She turned around and walked back into the house and closed the garage door behind her as the mob turned around and walked away in the same direction they'd just came from.

Note: I know she went inside but this interaction is too good to pass up :P

"Excuse me miss"

Loreto stopped before she could make her return to the home. She turned around to face a young man, he appears to be around his mid-teens dressed in clothing that isn't particularly suitable for those high in the social class.
https://wallpapercave.com/wp/wp6045803.jpg

"Yes" Loreto did an octal scan surprised that there is no other adult watching him. What is he doing among the mob?

29

"Um....I was just wondering, is miss Kudo ok? I saw lightning and sparks of fire coming from where she lived" The young man asked with a clear concern in his voice.

Loreto blinked, "She's just fine. She's in there with her daughter and her daughter's partner at the moment. If I may ask...You're not part of this are you"

He opened his mouth, he was about to lie but thought against it then cast his gaze down on the ground. "Sort of. I mean...It was my original intention but when I saw what was happening at Miss Kudo's place I wanted to check on her. Andmaybewatchoverheruntilthecrazynessends"

Loreto would smile at such nobility and a cute display of puppy attraction if she could. "How noble of you. Yet you shouldn't have to worry. He's being taken care of"

The young man blinked then glanced at Izumi's house. He's not dense so he pretty much summed up what happened. "Of course she would, she's awesome like that"

"My apologies. What is your name?"

"Um..Dean ma'am"

"My name is Loreto. BTW Dean, do you have a family?"

Dean frowned and shook his head. "It's just me. I have a job and do errands for Miss Kudo to keep me stable"

Loreto nods.

Dean sighed. "I know what you're probably thinking. But I'm not some novice. See" Dean points his hand towards the trash bin, with enough concentration he was able to levitate it from the ground. "I'm a Chimera. So I'd be more than capable of handling that monster"

30

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Note: I know she went inside but this interaction is too good to pass up 

"Excuse me miss"

Loreto stopped before she could make her return to the home. She turned around to face a young man, he appears to be around his mid-teens dressed in clothing that isn't particularly suitable for those high in the social class.

"Yes" Loreto did an octal scan surprised that there is no other adult watching him. What is he doing among the mob?

"Um....I was just wondering, is miss Kudo ok? I saw lightning and sparks of fire coming from where she lived" The young man asked with a clear concern in his voice.

Loreto blinked, "She's just fine. She's in there with her daughter and her daughter's partner at the moment. If I may ask...You're not part of this are you"

He opened his mouth, he was about to lie but thought against it then cast his gaze down on the ground. "Sort of. I mean...It was my original intention but when I saw what was happening at Miss Kudo's place I wanted to check on her. Andmaybewatchoverheruntilthecrazynessends"

Loreto would smile at such nobility and a cute display of puppy attraction if she could. "How noble of you. Yet you shouldn't have to worry. He's being taken care of"

The young man blinked then glanced at Izumi's house. He's not dense so he pretty much summed up what happened. "Of course she would, she's awesome like that"

"My apologies. What is your name?"

"Um..Dean ma'am"

"My name is Loreto. BTW Dean, do you have a family?"

Dean frowned and shook his head. "It's just me. I have a job and do errands for Miss Kudo to keep me stable"

Loreto nods.

Dean sighed. "I know what you're probably thinking. But I'm not some novice. See" Dean points his hand towards the trash bin, with enough concentration he was able to levitate it from the ground. "I'm a Chimera. So I'd be more than capable of handling that monster"

"I see. You certainly have talent. However, while I'm certain that you have the potential to be able to handle him in a straight up fight, you are still potentially vulnerable to attacks from behind so looking over your shoulder should become second nature. I can recommend tutors to assist with training and honing your powers, in particular your psychokinetic shields, if you would like." She offered.

"Oh I am well aware of my limitations in a fight. That's why I was traveling with the mob. Strength in numbers and people at my back so that if we did run into him I wouldn't have to worry about being attacked from behind." Dean informed her and set down the trash can. "By the way, is it me or is there an awful lot of dust in there?"

"Correct. That is all that is left of him. Would you like to come inside?"

31

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

"You know, you could always take the credit." Carmella nudged against her mother.

"And they may as well make me Mayor as result" Izumi shook her head. "Being Empress is enough. Besides me and The Sheriff already arranged that the person who did it was an anonymous individual who'd prefer his privacy"

Carmella and Sammy looked at each other then back at Izumi.

"Who? You know they're going to ask" Sammy says

"Someone who is familiar in killing Boogeymen"

Carmella:  

"Who better than your Friend With Benefits" Izumi used air quotations with the last one

"MOM!!!    "

"I'm right here guys, right here" Sammy said

:D

32

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"I tried that. It didn't work so well. Becoming a Vampire was honestly the best thing to ever happen to me." She replied and patted her shoulder. "Rest now and enjoy your tea. I will be right back." Loreto walked over to the trash, took the bag out and tied it up and walked out of the house to the garage to drop it in the trash can while a new bag rose up to replace the one she'd just taken out.

She was right in the middle of taking the trash can out when she noticed the now aimless mob with only a few of them still chanting. The rest had either lost their voices, gotten tired or were just getting bored not finding anything.

"Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight!"

Loreto calmly pulled the trash can out to the curb and set it down.

"Miss Luciano, is that you?"

"Hello." She greeted casually.

"Hey! Have you seen him? Is he here? Did he come by here? We've been looking everywhere but he gave us the slip!"

"Where is he?"

"Where did he go?"

"Where is he?"

"We have to destroy it!"

The Vampire Maid listened to them for almost a full minute before she raised her pointer finger and then pointed to the left. "I saw him out the window walking in that direction."

"WHOO! WE'VE GOT HIM BOYS! LETS GO! THANK YOU LORETO!"

"Happy Hunting." She turned around and walked back into the house and closed the garage door behind her as the mob turned around and walked away in the same direction they'd just came from.

I had to.  :rofl:

33

Valhalla Erikson wrote:
Valhalla Erikson wrote:

"You know, you could always take the credit." Carmella nudged against her mother.

"And they may as well make me Mayor as result" Izumi shook her head. "Being Empress is enough. Besides me and The Sheriff already arranged that the person who did it was an anonymous individual who'd prefer his privacy"

Carmella and Sammy looked at each other then back at Izumi.

"Who? You know they're going to ask" Sammy says

"Someone who is familiar in killing Boogeymen"

Carmella:  

"Who better than your Friend With Benefits" Izumi used air quotations with the last one

"MOM!!!    "

"I'm right here guys, right here" Sammy said

"Oh come now dear, I think you're all really cute together." Izumi teased. "I understand it too. Just listen to your heart and it will never lead you astray."

"Trust me mom, my true love is standing right next to me. Johnny and I are just good friends."

"Thanks Carmella."

"Anytime, Sammy. You know you're always going to be my #1."

34

Epilogue

Loreto had finished her evening rounds, before she could retire for the night herself she went upstairs to check on the royal family and their guest. The home had two levels and two bedrooms on the second level. She walked down the hall till she reaches Izumi's room. She opens the door to find Izumi, Carmella, and Sam fast asleep in the king-sized bed. Izumi slept in the middle while Carmella slept to the right side then Sammy slept to the right. She hears Izumi's breathing becoming labored and her body twitched slightly. No doubt still troubled from The Faceless Man's memories. It wasn't till a comfortable embrace from both the daughter and her partner till Izumi returned to a night of blissful sleep.

Loreto managed to smile at that. It reminds her of the days when Izumi would hold her daughter back when she was a little girl

She quietly closed the door then opened it to check on young Dean, who is sleeping peacefully within the guest bedroom. Even with The Faceless Man vanquished she wouldn't dream of letting the young man walk to his home alone. Or even stay there. Maybe it's being with Izumi and recently Carmella, with her own daughter she's raising, yet she felt a maternal instinct to ensure the kid is ok.

First impressions wise, he;d make a fine warrior someday. With the right training.. She quietly closed the door and proceeds to retire for the night. She'll discuss that with the family tomorrow morning.

Note: So the story ends on a heartwarming note with Dean undoubtedly being adopted into the family!

35

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Epilogue

Loreto had finished her evening rounds, before she could retire for the night herself she went upstairs to check on the royal family and their guest. The home had two levels and two bedrooms on the second level. She walked down the hall till she reaches Izumi's room. She opens the door to find Izumi, Carmella, and Sam fast asleep in the king-sized bed. Izumi slept in the middle while Carmella slept to the right side then Sammy slept to the right. She hears Izumi's breathing becoming labored and her body twitched slightly. No doubt still troubled from The Faceless Man's memories. It wasn't till a comfortable embrace from both the daughter and her partner till Izumi returned to a night of blissful sleep.

Loreto managed to smile at that. It reminds her of the days when Izumi would hold her daughter back when she was a little girl

She quietly closed the door then opened it to check on young Dean, who is sleeping peacefully within the guest bedroom. Even with The Faceless Man vanquished she wouldn't dream of letting the young man walk to his home alone. Or even stay there. Maybe it's being with Izumi and recently Carmella, with her own daughter she's raising, yet she felt a maternal instinct to ensure the kid is ok.

First impressions wise, he;d make a fine warrior someday. With the right training.. She quietly closed the door and proceeds to retire for the night. She'll discuss that with the family tomorrow morning.

Note: So the story ends on a heartwarming note with Dean undoubtedly being adopted into the family!

Now that is one beautiful ending to a badass short story!


You are here » World of Paragons » Expanded Universe Stories » The Night When Evil Dies