World of Paragons

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » World of Paragons » Storyboard Central » Chronicles of A Magi Bookworm: Death Is Only The Beginning

Chronicles of A Magi Bookworm: Death Is Only The Beginning

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Prologue
Life After Death

I never had speculated on the concept of the afterlife. Despite my experience in dealing with such and my romantic relationship with one I never supported the concept of an all-powerful deity who shapes humankind's destiny on a whim. Particularly because I've always believed in the concept of free will. Or screw destiny, as one of my associates, would poignantly state. I was prepared with the possibility of not existing at all. Lifes curtain call. Yet fate just so happens to once again throw a curveball.

When I opened my eyes, I was practically blinded by the light, only making out a few fuzzy shapes larger than me. I blinked a few times and moved my hands, but it felt like my arms were made of lead. I could feel my legs, so that was a good sign, but they seemed to be stuck in something warm and gooey. Then one of the larger shapes came closer to me and moved down toward around my waist, and I kid you not, massive hands grabbed around me and pulled me, lifting me what felt like thirty feet in the air. And then the hand held me upside down, and I heard a snapping noise.

Suddenly I couldn’t breathe. Where was the air? Why was this happening to me? Who cut off the oxygen supply? Then another hand struck me across the back and the air came to me. I made a bit of noise, gasping for the air, making sure I could hear myself.

“Congratulations,” A man’s voice said, probably coming from the large shadow that the hands were attached to. “A healthy baby girl.”

Wait...WHAT?!!!

Author's Note:
So yeah. My take on an Isekai. Who would've thought, right? I see this as my way of reconstructing the genre. Instead of some Joe Somebody being reincarnated into another world its someone who is already an established badass to begin with. Also, despite the video it's not a fan fic. It'll make sense as the story progress.

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Prologue
Life After Death

I never had speculated on the concept of the afterlife. Despite my experience in dealing with such and my romantic relationship with one I never supported the concept of an all-powerful deity who shapes humankind's destiny on a whim. Particularly because I've always believed in the concept of free will. Or screw destiny, as one of my associates, would poignantly state. I was prepared with the possibility of not existing at all. Lifes curtain call. Yet fate just so happens to once again throw a curveball.

When I opened my eyes, I was practically blinded by the light, only making out a few fuzzy shapes larger than me. I blinked a few times and moved my hands, but it felt like my arms were made of lead. I could feel my legs, so that was a good sign, but they seemed to be stuck in something warm and gooey. Then one of the larger shapes came closer to me and moved down toward around my waist, and I kid you not, massive hands grabbed around me and pulled me, lifting me what felt like thirty feet in the air. And then the hand held me upside down, and I heard a snapping noise.

Suddenly I couldn’t breathe. Where was the air? Why was this happening to me? Who cut off the oxygen supply? Then another hand struck me across the back and the air came to me. I made a bit of noise, gasping for the air, making sure I could hear myself.

“Congratulations,” A man’s voice said, probably coming from the large shadow that the hands were attached to. “A healthy baby girl.”

Wait...WHAT?!!!

Author's Note: So yeah. My take on an Isekai. Who would've thought, right? I see this as my way of reconstructing the genre. Instead of some Joe Somebody being reincarnated into another world its someone who is already an established badass to begin with. Also, despite the video it's not a fan fic. It'll make sense as the story progress.

Ain't rebirth grand? Look on the bright side! You get a new chance at life!

Sure you have to go through puberty again, in a new gender body, but it's a whole new life in a new world! You'll be just fine.

You are here » World of Paragons » Storyboard Central » Chronicles of A Magi Bookworm: Death Is Only The Beginning