World of Paragons

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » World of Paragons » Storage Central » Dragon Knight: The Dragon of Wolf-Crest

Dragon Knight: The Dragon of Wolf-Crest

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Azura Kusanagi is a teenager operating in Wolf-Crest city as the mysterious vigilante, Dragon Knight. Born to a supervillain couple, her family’s dark history weighs heavy on her as she attempts to become a hero.

Due to some of the subject manners within the story, the web serial will be rated MA.

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Azura Kusanagi is a teenager operating in Wolf-Crest city as the mysterious vigilante, Dragon Knight. Born to a supervillain couple, her family’s dark history weighs heavy on her as she attempts to become a hero.

Due to some of the subject manners within the story, the web serial will be rated MA.

Let the games begin!

The lights flicker dangerously throughout the warehouse, threatening to shut down at any moment, a few having already given up in their sockets, lying dead in the ceiling and only adding to the shadows that lurked all throughout the floor. The thud of footsteps entering the room echoed throughout the space, those that were waiting bracing themselves for the attack that was sure to come.

“Sir.” One of the men muttered, his eyes trained on the shadows, at the figure that could not yet be discerned. “Sir, you should—”

“I should what?” The man said, turning to his servant, his eyes narrowed. His eyes were black and emotionless as they stared at the man before him, black pits that swirled with malice and untold torture should anyone defy him. He was not a man to be messed with, he was the terror of Wolf-Crest, the Black Dragon.

“I should run? Or perhaps should I turn my back? Phantom Knight is nothing more than a human man. A weak human man who will die in my hands.”

“I would not be so sure about that.” A voice echoed through the halls, a figure finally revealing itself in the night. “You think yourself powerful and immortal, yet you, too, are nothing more than a man.”

“I may be a man, but I am not weak.” The Black Dragon hissed, his eyes narrowing as he stood from his throne, leaving the safe cocoon his men had created around him, and approaching the one who called himself a hero before him.

"So tell me, are you prepared to die Knight?" Black Dragon threatened

"Death comes for us all. I've made peace with that. Which is more than I can say for you. For someone who lacks honor, your death won't be as dignified"

The Black Dragon, Lord of The Criminal Underworld scoffed as he stared down his great and mortal enemy. He didn't need to call his foe out on it, he can sense the Phantom Knight's essence. There was an imbalance from within, a fact that his enemy is going to carry for the rest of his life. The Black Dragon also knows he's not getting out of this alive. Yet he's not going to make this easy for The Knight of Wolf-Crest. If he should die tonight then he may as well go out honorably.

The Black Dragon readies himself and positions in a dragon fighting stance. "Let us put that theory to the test then"

The final words were spoken before the two engage in, as the history books would record, the final battle of the ages.

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

The lights flicker dangerously throughout the warehouse, threatening to shut down at any moment, a few having already given up in their sockets, lying dead in the ceiling and only adding to the shadows that lurked all throughout the floor. The thud of footsteps entering the room echoed throughout the space, those that were waiting bracing themselves for the attack that was sure to come.

“Sir.” One of the men muttered, his eyes trained on the shadows, at the figure that could not yet be discerned. “Sir, you should—”

“I should what?” The man said, turning to his servant, his eyes narrowed. His eyes were black and emotionless as they stared at the man before him, black pits that swirled with malice and untold torture should anyone defy him. He was not a man to be messed with, he was the terror of Wolf-Crest, the Black Dragon.

“I should run? Or perhaps should I turn my back? Phantom Knight is nothing more than a human man. A weak human man who will die in my hands.”

“I would not be so sure about that.” A voice echoed through the halls, a figure finally revealing itself in the night. “You think yourself powerful and immortal, yet you, too, are nothing more than a man.”

“I may be a man, but I am not weak.” The Black Dragon hissed, his eyes narrowing as he stood from his throne, leaving the safe cocoon his men had created around him, and approaching the one who called himself a hero before him.

"So tell me, are you prepared to die Knight?" Black Dragon threatened

"Death comes for us all. I've made peace with that. Which is more than I can say for you. For someone who lacks honor, your death won't be as dignified"

The Black Dragon, Lord of The Criminal Underworld scoffed as he stared down his great and mortal enemy. He didn't need to call his foe out on it, he can sense the Phantom Knight's essence. There was an imbalance from within, a fact that his enemy is going to carry for the rest of his life. The Black Dragon also knows he's not getting out of this alive. Yet he's not going to make this easy for The Knight of Wolf-Crest. If he should die tonight then he may as well go out honorably.

The Black Dragon readies himself and positions in a dragon fighting stance. "Let us put that theory to the test then"

The final words were spoken before the two engage in, as the history books would record, the final battle of the ages.

Now that is definitely how a professional handles their business! Pimp right in there and absolutely wreck the villain! Literally bringing down the house and smashing the villain's face in then emerging through it like a boss! The Phantom Knight is not someone to be messed with!

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

Now that is definitely how a professional handles their business! Pimp right in there and absolutely wreck the villain! Literally bringing down the house and smashing the villain's face in then emerging through it like a boss! The Phantom Knight is not someone to be messed with!

Neither is Black Dragon. Case en point he isn't cowering before the hero or pleading for mercy. He's "If one of us dies then so be it".

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Neither is Black Dragon. Case en point he isn't cowering before the hero or pleading for mercy. He's "If one of us dies then so be it".

There's a reason that this was the greatest fight in the history of Wolf Crest!  :D

Chapter I
Dragon Siblings

16yrs Past The Event

As I look upon the empty inbox, save a few spam emails and invoices from older cases, I feel a pang of sympathy for Shen. He’s been working hard, and he’s not seeing much for it. A dry spell is to be expected. People don’t always need a Paragon for Hire, but sometimes, at least, they should.

You would think it would be easy, getting hired. I know my brother’s skills are peak, he’s one of the most talented and sharp minds in the business, despite his age, and yet… And yet what?

Is he somehow impure, because making a name for himself is more difficult than for others? I know he’s good. That isn’t in question. But I have some small skills, and that’s marketing isn’t doing anything.

I look at the holographic poster of Phantom Knight: The Knight of Wolf-Crest. Whenever I’d need a source of inspiration or a pick me up from a ho-hum day he’d always be that angel helping me put one foot forward. I sighed as I wonder if we are failing to live up to his level?

A Paragon is meant to be just that; a paragon. A pinnacle of everything important, a shining light in the darkness. Now, I’m not going to say I’m the best woman in the world I’m not even the best human in town, I imagine – but I have some extremely good points. There is a lot I have going for me, but I’m no Paragon.

My brother is. Shen is more than enough to catch the eye, to show off his success, and yet he isn’t getting what he deserves. He’s worked ten times as hard as anyone in his league, but he’s still in this league.

I flick my fingers and dismiss the holographic display, which is showing nothing of interest. Just an inbox of spam and empty promises. Such is the life of a paragon for hire. I do my best to help him out – I always take care of my own – but it’s not exactly easy. Business is slow, and he needs something new. Whatever it escapes me.

All that can be addressed later. For now, the family needs to eat. Ryu is pacing downstairs, and as I pass through, he tries to slip around me. I smile, a little, reaching to ruffle his hair. It makes him pout, and it messes up his hair, but he never combs it properly until he leaves anyway.

He half-waves a hand, but he doesn’t protest loudly as he usually does. He doesn’t even pout.

Hm. That’s troubling.

“Little Dragon?” I ask, fading from ruffles to smoothing Ryu’s hair back, away from his face. He doesn’t look up at me. “What’s bugging you, bug?” He doesn’t respond. After a moment, Ryu crosses his arms, but he doesn’t actually voice whatever is bothering him. That just won’t do.

He glances up, and my hand slides down, resting on the back of his neck. Ryu relaxes as I stroke my thumb up and down the tendon of his skinny neck.

“… I’m just thinking,” he says, quietly. Grumbling. “I’m just thinking about stuff. I want eggs.”

He isn’t going to open it up, it seems. I sigh but smile. It’s important that he opens up on his own. Being twelve, Ryu is just coming into himself. If he doesn’t want to share, I’ll give him time.

He’s a little chatterbox, so eventually, I’ll hear about it.

I click my tongue and turn to go, and Ryu follows, my hand still on him. I don’t guide him – he’s twelve, not two – but I like to keep a little contact. I want Ryu to know I’m here to support him even if he’s not going to tell me what’s going on. I do, however, expect it to come out over breakfast.

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Chapter I
Dragon Siblings

16yrs Past The Event

As I look upon the empty inbox, save a few spam emails and invoices from older cases, I feel a pang of sympathy for Shen. He’s been working hard, and he’s not seeing much for it. A dry spell is to be expected. People don’t always need a Paragon for Hire, but sometimes, at least, they should.

You would think it would be easy, getting hired. I know my brother’s skills are peak, he’s one of the most talented and sharp minds in the business, despite his age, and yet… And yet what?

Is he somehow impure, because making a name for himself is more difficult than for others? I know he’s good. That isn’t in question. But I have some small skills, and that’s marketing isn’t doing anything.

I look at the holographic poster of Phantom Knight: The Knight of Wolf-Crest. Whenever I’d need a source of inspiration or a pick me up from a ho-hum day he’d always be that angel helping me put one foot forward. I sighed as I wonder if we are failing to live up to his level?

A Paragon is meant to be just that; a paragon. A pinnacle of everything important, a shining light in the darkness. Now, I’m not going to say I’m the best woman in the world I’m not even the best human in town, I imagine – but I have some extremely good points. There is a lot I have going for me, but I’m no Paragon.

My brother is. Shen is more than enough to catch the eye, to show off his success, and yet he isn’t getting what he deserves. He’s worked ten times as hard as anyone in his league, but he’s still in this league.

I flick my fingers and dismiss the holographic display, which is showing nothing of interest. Just an inbox of spam and empty promises. Such is the life of a paragon for hire. I do my best to help him out – I always take care of my own – but it’s not exactly easy. Business is slow, and he needs something new. Whatever it escapes me.

All that can be addressed later. For now, the family needs to eat. Ryu is pacing downstairs, and as I pass through, he tries to slip around me. I smile, a little, reaching to ruffle his hair. It makes him pout, and it messes up his hair, but he never combs it properly until he leaves anyway.

He half-waves a hand, but he doesn’t protest loudly as he usually does. He doesn’t even pout.

Hm. That’s troubling.

“Little Dragon?” I ask, fading from ruffles to smoothing Ryu’s hair back, away from his face. He doesn’t look up at me. “What’s bugging you, bug?” He doesn’t respond. After a moment, Ryu crosses his arms, but he doesn’t actually voice whatever is bothering him. That just won’t do.

He glances up, and my hand slides down, resting on the back of his neck. Ryu relaxes as I stroke my thumb up and down the tendon of his skinny neck.

“… I’m just thinking,” he says, quietly. Grumbling. “I’m just thinking about stuff. I want eggs.”

He isn’t going to open it up, it seems. I sigh but smile. It’s important that he opens up on his own. Being twelve, Ryu is just coming into himself. If he doesn’t want to share, I’ll give him time.

He’s a little chatterbox, so eventually, I’ll hear about it.

I click my tongue and turn to go, and Ryu follows, my hand still on him. I don’t guide him – he’s twelve, not two – but I like to keep a little contact. I want Ryu to know I’m here to support him even if he’s not going to tell me what’s going on. I do, however, expect it to come out over breakfast.

A very sweet opening to the family! The city is definitely feeling Phantom's disappearance but it does appear to be fairly peaceful if the Dragons are having this much trouble getting hired for jobs. Something is definitely going on though with Ryu that has him worried but I'm sure that regardless of what problems are facing him the Dragons will be able to band together and face and overcome it!

Author's Note: A slight change regarding the story. I've decided to alter it to where it's just Azura who is left to raise Ryu as I find that concept to be the most interesting. Oh don't worry about Shen, he'll pop up down the road. Just in a different role than originally intended.

You are here » World of Paragons » Storage Central » Dragon Knight: The Dragon of Wolf-Crest