World of Paragons

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » World of Paragons » Storage Central » Academia America

Academia America

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

The Birthplace Of Heroes!

Our own little series running parallel to but disconnected from the canon MHA Series events taking place in Japan.

We'll figure out the specifics as we go!

The humble shark is a creature of sublime evolution. One that gives life to ecosystems by controlling other large predators. The shark, this beautiful machine of nature, had an enchanted way of moving in the brine. It was as if all that instinct had condensed into a non-verbal intelligence, something so palpable. Their streamline bodies graced the deep blue, smoothly swimming on beneath any white-tipped wave-crest. They are a chorus, these sharks, a sort of solemn hymn to living and the way the ecosystem of the ocean functions. They really are beautiful animals, and if you are lucky enough to see them, that means you are in a healthy ocean. Even Fish and Sea Life themed Quirk Users tend to be surprisingly attractive and beautiful.

Sadly however not everyone acts that way, such as was the case of the villainous Landshark who was currently burrowing through the ground with all the speed and elegance of an actual shark. His shining silvery-blue fin barely poking out of the ground as he randomly zig-zagged around the city of New York before he suddenly erupted out of the ground, flinging dirt and rock and soil and gravel everywhere, grabbed a random civilian and dragged her underground while she screamed for help!

Before anybody could help her however he'd swam away with his victim in tow.

It wasn't long however before he sprung up again at a different location and grabbed another civilian, dragged him under as well and swam away. Repeating this behavior at random locations around the city without rhyme or reason! He would burst from the ground, attack a civilian and drag them underground to their doom before swimming away and repeating the behavior!

The survivors of the attacks immediately called 911 and the police began mobilizing while any and all available Heroes were notified!

"Come on mom! Come on! We need to find something cool for my first day! Something that really screams Hero! Know what I mean?" Emmylou Abernathy urged her mother as she bounded around the clothing store. This innocent looking girl with her chestnut brown hair in twin pigtails and t-shirt and ripped jeans is Emmylou Abernathy who is beyond eager to start her first year at Excelsior Highschool: The #1 Superhero High School In America.

"So you're really sure about this?" Her mother, Maribelle asked her. Standing 5' 9.5  tall, and muscular with flawless skin, this woman has a relaxed feel about her. She has soft light green eyes and her long, flowing, purple hair is worn in a pompadour. She usually wears perfectly pressed, simple clothes that are slightly too big.  She is a gorgeous woman.

"Heck yeah I am! Excelsior High is the best one in the country right? If I'm going to do this, and I mean REALLY do this, then I'm going to need to put my best foot forward!" She insisted and then she gasped and ran over to some Stars&Stripes Merch. "Ohhh heck yeah! This is what I'm talking about! Lets see...shirt,shirt,shirt,shirt...cape!" She laughed and grabbed the cape off of the shelf. "YES! This is what I need! If I walk right into school with a superhero cape on then they'll know I'm serious!"

"Can't you just dress formally?"

"This Is A Superhero School, Mama, I need to dress the part." She held up the cape and then placed it on her back. "Come on now, be honest, how do I look?"

Maribelle laughed at her daughter's enthusiasm. "The American flag suits you perfectly honey. Fine, if you're that serious and sure about this, then hell yeah, we can get it."

"YES! I knew you'd see it too mama!" She laughed and hugged her mother.

"Now, now, dear, easy, easy, lets see what else we can find."

"Yeeehaw! This is going to be fun!"

While they were exploring the clothing store a few people around the mall were getting tripped up by the speeding shark fin that suddenly rose up out of the ground!

"One of these and one of these and this! Oh yeah these are great!" She laughed. "All Might shirt, Stars&Stripes Cape and Captain Celebrity shoes. Perfect. Nobody will ever doubt that I am dead serious about becoming a hero!"

The fin began speeding towards the store.

"Thank you come again!"

"We will!"

"Is this a little much?"

"Naw, this is perfect, Mama. I'm going to be looking fashionable when I walk through those pearly gates!"

"Phrasing, dear."

"Right, right, mama. But you know what I mean."

"I know, I know but-" She paused as she noticed the shark fin racing towards them. "Get back."

"Mama?"

"Get inside the store now!" She snapped at her daughter and she quickly backed away inside of the store.

"Mama what is that?"

"Trouble. Go hide." She stepped forward and raised her fist up and slammed it into the ground. "Whack-A-Mole!" She called out and sent a shockwave outwards from her fist that traveled into the floor and around them. The shockwave tore up the ground beneath the ground and tore up the floor in front of and behind the store. This resulted in the shark villain himself being hit hard as the shockwave washed over him as well! In response he sprung up out of the floor and past Maribelle, slashing her shoulder in passing. "UNNGGH!"

"MAMA!" She dropped the clothes and started forward only to stop cold as the nightmarish shark monster stood tall covered in the blood of its victims.

https://i.imgur.com/1YHPCgx.png

At nearly 8 feet tall he towers over everyone in the vicinity. He has multiple monstrous shark features and the body of one mixed with a man but long bloody claws on his fingers and feet. His muscles have become swollen and engorged and are constantly pulsing. A new mutation are the blades on the backs of his elbows that curve upward. His body has developed scales and his face is more sharklike and monstrous than before!

"Damn." He growls. "Missed you."

Maribelle stood up and turned to face him while holding her bleeding shoulder. "Sawtooth the Landshark. What the hell do you want?"

He laughed. "Been experimenting with some new stuff and it's had quite a positive effect on me. Unfortunately the changes left me feeling rather...starved. So I've been on a feeding frenzy all day!" He opened his mouth as his teeth began to grow out and became sharper. "Still not full though. Not full no. Not enough. Need more. Kill more! Kill more!"

She scoffed. "New stuff? So you've been experimenting with Quirk Enhancing Drugs? How pathetic. Turning yourself into a monster just for power."

"Hrrrr. Have that in common."

"...Mama?"

The monster looked back at her and narrowed its eyes. "Did she say....Mama?"

Maribelle immediately ran forward and struck at him with an open palm. The palm made contact with its arm and she sent a shockwave into and through his arm! "DON'T YOU TOUCH HER!"

The humble shark is a creature of sublime evolution. One that gives life to ecosystems by controlling other large predators. The shark, this beautiful machine of nature, had an enchanted way of moving in the brine. It was as if all that instinct had condensed into a non-verbal intelligence, something so palpable. Their streamline bodies graced the deep blue, smoothly swimming on beneath any white-tipped wave-crest. They are a chorus, these sharks, a sort of solemn hymn to living and the way the ecosystem of the ocean functions. They really are beautiful animals, and if you are lucky enough to see them, that means you are in a healthy ocean. Even Fish and Sea Life themed Quirk Users tend to be surprisingly attractive and beautiful.

Sadly however not everyone acts that way, such as was the case of the villainous Landshark who was currently burrowing through the ground with all the speed and elegance of an actual shark. His shining silvery-blue fin barely poking out of the ground as he randomly zig-zagged around the city of New York before he suddenly erupted out of the ground, flinging dirt and rock and soil and gravel everywhere, grabbed a random civilian and dragged her underground while she screamed for help!

It wasn't long however before he sprung up again at a different location and grabbed another civilian, dragged him under as well and swam away. Repeating this behavior at random locations around the city without rhyme or reason! He would burst from the ground, attack a civilian and drag them underground to their doom before swimming away and repeating the behavior!

The survivors of the attacks immediately called 911 and the police began mobilizing while any and all available Heroes were notified!

"Come on mom! Come on! We need to find something cool for my first day! Something that really screams Hero! Know what I mean?" Emmylou Abernathy urged her mom as she bounded around the clothing store. This innocent looking girl with her chestnut brown hair in twin pigtails and t-shirt and ripped jeans is Emmylou Abernathy who is beyond eager to start her first year at Excelsior Highschool: The #1 Superhero High School In America.

"So you're really sure about this?" Her mother, Maribelle asked her. Standing 5' 9.5  tall, and muscular with flawless skin, this woman has a relaxed feel about her. She has soft light green eyes and her long, flowing, purple hair is worn in a pompadour. She usually wears perfectly pressed, simple clothes that are slightly too big.  She is a gorgeous woman.

"Heck yeah I am! Excelsior High is the best one in the country right? If I'm going to do this, and I mean REALLY do this, then I'm going to need to put my best foot forward!" She insisted and then she gasped and ran over to some Stars&Stripes Merch. "Ohhh heck yeah! This is what I'm talking about! Lets see...shirt,shirt,shirt,shirt...cape!" She laughed and grabbed the cape off of the shelf. "YES! This is what I need! If I walk right into school with a superhero cape on then they'll know I'm serious!"

"This Is A Superhero School, Mama, I need to dress the part." She held up the cape and then placed it on her back. "Come on now, be honest, how do I look?"

Maribelle laughed at her daughter's enthusiasm. "The American flag suits you perfectly honey. Fine, if you're that serious and sure about this, then hell yeah, we can get it."

While they were exploring the clothing store a few people around the mall were getting tripped up by the speeding shark fin that suddenly rose up out of the ground!

"One of these and one of these and this! Oh yeah these are great!" She laughed. "All Might shirt, Stars&Stripes Cape and Captain Celebrity shoes. Perfect. Nobody will ever doubt that I am dead serious about becoming a hero!"

"Thank you come again!"

"We will!"

"Is this a little much?"

"Naw, this is perfect, Mama. I'm going to be looking fashionable when I walk through those pearly gates!"

"Phrasing, dear."

"I know, I know but-" She paused as she noticed the shark fin racing towards them. "Get back."

"Mama?"

"Get inside the store now!" She snapped at her daughter and she quickly backed away inside of the store.

"Mama what is that?"

"Trouble. Go hide." She stepped forward and raised her fist up and slammed it into the ground. "Whack-A-Mole!" She called out and sent a shockwave outwards from her fist that traveled into the floor and around them. The shockwave tore up the ground beneath the ground and tore up the floor in front of and behind the store. This resulted in the shark villain himself being hit hard as the shockwave washed over him as well! In response he sprung up out of the floor and past Maribelle, slashing her shoulder in passing. "UNNGGH!"

"MAMA!" She dropped the clothes and started forward only to stop cold as the nightmarish shark monster stood tall covered in the blood of its victims.

At nearly 8 feet tall he towers over everyone in the vicinity. He has multiple monstrous shark features and the body of one mixed with a man but long bloody claws on his fingers and feet. His muscles have become swollen and engorged and are constantly pulsing. A new mutation are the blades on the backs of his elbows that curve upward. His body has developed scales and his face is more sharklike and monstrous than before!

Maribelle stood up and turned to face him while holding her bleeding shoulder. "Sawtooth the Landshark. What the hell do you want?"

He laughed. "Been experimenting with some new stuff and it's had quite a positive effect on me. Unfortunately the changes left me feeling rather...starved. So I've been on a feeding frenzy all day!" He opened his mouth as his teeth began to grow out and became sharper. "Still not full though. Not full no. Not enough. Need more. Kill more! Kill more!"

She scoffed. "New stuff? So you've been experimenting with Quirk Enhancing Drugs? How pathetic. Turning yourself into a monster just for power."

"...Mama?"

Maribelle immediately ran forward and struck at him with an open palm. The palm made contact with its arm and she sent a shockwave into and through his arm! "DON'T YOU TOUCH HER!"

https://i.imgur.com/fzPH9dE.png

https://i.imgur.com/8BQH8Wj.png

Name: Maribelle Abernathy!

Her Quirk: Vibe Piercer! She can send a vibrational shockwave into and through her target via palm strikes. So long as she can touch it she can unleash a shockwave through it. When unleashing the shockwaves through the air they can be damaging but they are more effective when she is making physical contact with her enemy.

In this specific case when she slammed her palm against Landshark's forearm she sent the vibrational shockwaves through his arm where it passed through his skin, washed over his radius and ulna bones and flexor carpi ulnaris, palmaris longus, flexor carpi radialis, and pronator teres muscles and veins and made them vibrate and shake violently! The side effect of this was the damage traveled up and down the rest of the arm as well! As a result of all of this his arm started to violently shake and tremble out of control as the shark man screamed in pain! She then stepped around his arm and struck his stomach with her palm as well, sending a shockwave into his body directly! The shockwave traveled into and through his body and washed over his stomach and affected the serosa, subserosa, muscularis, submucosa and mucosa! The sudden and violent vibrating done to his stomach caused him to violent shake and tremble and puke up blood and mucus and bile!

"B-BLAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!" He roared as she jumped back to avoid being puked on. The deranged shark man fellt o his knees and one arm as he continued puking and hurling onto the floor. She didn't even want to think of everything mixed in there. She took a few deep breaths and held her wounded shoulder as she put more distance between them just in case.

"Mama? Mama what's happening?"

"Hey...it's okay kiddo. It's alright darlin. Mama's just kicking bad guy butt is all." She assured her daughter. "That was Mama's Bowel Buster!" Maribelle looked back at the shark. "Don't think he'll be getting up again. Brought it on yourself, fishstick." She walked over to a random rack and pulled a shirt off of it and pressed it against her shoulder. "Sorry about this! I'll pay for everythin' I promise!" She called out to the cashiers.

Maribelle started to walk over to the cashiers when she heard more retching behind her. She turned back to look at him as the shark man started violently shaking and spasming as pools of green liquid flowed out of his mouth like a waterfall and his elbow spikes began growing longer, more of them grew out of his back, his fin grew longer and his body became unnaturally and eerily thin as steam began blowing out of his gills and ears!

She lowered her arm in confusion. "The hell? What in tarnation is goin on there?"

The shark man stood up again now roaring like a monster followed by plunging himself into the floor again and then leaping up at her at an angle to try and chomp on her but Mari used the shockwaves to propel herself backward to dodge him and then she blasted him away. He flew across the store, plunged into the ground and began leaping out at random and slashing at the remaining civilians whom hadn't yet fled and whipping others with its tail before suddenly running off and slashing and clawing and biting at the air in a blind fury!

"Oh damn. Everyone stay here! I'm going to deal with this! That includes you Emmy! GO HIDE NOW!" She called out to her and ran out to the mall to go stop the monster.

"B-but...but..M-mama..." She stammered out and looked down at the cape on the floor. "But I...wanna...be a hero..."

Maribelle closed in on the monster and attacked it from above but it noticed her and it turned around and whipped its tail at her but she released shockwaves by striking the air and flinging herself over it, flipping and spinning in the air and landing on the ground where she struck outward again and released shockwaves the pushed him away but the shark monster dug its claws into the ground and stopped itself before flinging itself at her but she dodged him again and ducked under his tail, turned around and sent the shockwaves at him while he was flying through the air and caused it to fly into and through a cart where it kept flying and then it slammed down on the ground and slid for several feet before stopping.

Mari cautiously closed until he pulled himself up, thrashed around at the air and then it started slamming its arms down on the ground, punched into it, grabbed onto the floor and pulled up a large chunk of the floor and flung it aside towards a pair of cowering civilians! Mari didn't even hesitate before she stepped forward, pulled her arms back and then struck her palms outward and sent out shockwaves that burst the chunk of the floor into rubble before it could reach them. The monster flung itself at her and she saw him coming and turned and struck out again and sent out a shockwave as he punched out at her! She managed to push against his arm just enough with the air shockwaves to blunt and slow down his punch that she could dodge it before he could swing it aside and then he stomped on the floor and managed to catch her with his tail whip and sent her flying! She gasped in pain and flew a considerable distance before she hit the floor hard and slid a few more feet before stopping. "Unngghh....owww..."

The raging shark monster ran at her while flailing its arms and chomping its teeth rapidly. Mari managed to get up on one knee still gasping in pain and holding her stomach. She spat out some blood out on the floor and raised up her arm ready to give it another blast.

The monster closed in.

She gritted her teeth and got ready.

The monster leaped at her with its mouth wide open bellowing in rage!

"LIIIINEBACKER!" Emmylou called out as she tackled the monster away from her mother, through the air and into a wall! The shark man crashed into the wall, hit it so hard it broke into and through the wall and then dropped down to the floor!

Emmylou stood on the floor and brushed herself off. She took a deep breath, put her hands on her hips and made a heroic pose with the Stars&Stripes Cape tied around her neck.

"I've had enough of this! Okay you disgusting-stinky breathed-mutating-man eating-yellow teethed-micro-brained-spiked back-dirt eating-monster! You're fighting me now! Don't you dare hurt my momma!"

https://i.postimg.cc/wMFP3CqJ/Emkm-I1-W8-Ag-ZUf-W.jpg

"Come on mom! Come on! We need to find something cool for my first day! Something that really screams Hero! Know what I mean?" Emmylou Abernathy urged her mom as she bounded around the clothing store. This innocent looking girl with her chestnut brown hair in twin pigtails and t-shirt and ripped jeans is Emmylou Abernathy who is beyond eager to start her first year at Excelsior Highschool: The #1 Superhero High School In America.

"Thank you come again!"

"We will!"

"Is this a little much?"

"Phrasing, dear."

"Mama?"

"Mama what is that?"

"...Mama?"

https://i.imgur.com/fzPH9dE.png

https://i.imgur.com/8BQH8Wj.png

Name: Maribelle Abernathy!

Her Quirk: Vibe Piercer! She can send a vibrational shockwave into and through her target via palm strikes. So long as she can touch it she can unleash a shockwave through it. When unleashing the shockwaves through the air they can be damaging but they are more effective when she is making physical contact with her enemy.

In this specific case when she slammed her palm against Landshark's forearm she sent the vibrational shockwaves through his arm where it passed through his skin, washed over his radius and ulna bones and flexor carpi ulnaris, palmaris longus, flexor carpi radialis, and pronator teres muscles and veins and made them vibrate and shake violently! The side effect of this was the damage traveled up and down the rest of the arm as well! As a result of all of this his arm started to violently shake and tremble out of control as the shark man screamed in pain! She then stepped around his arm and struck his stomach with her palm as well, sending a shockwave into his body directly! The shockwave traveled into and through his body and washed over his stomach and affected the serosa, subserosa, muscularis, submucosa and mucosa! The sudden and violent vibrating done to his stomach caused him to violent shake and tremble and puke up blood and mucus and bile!

"B-BLAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!" He roared as she jumped back to avoid being puked on. The deranged shark man fellt o his knees and one arm as he continued puking and hurling onto the floor. She didn't even want to think of everything mixed in there. She took a few deep breaths and held her wounded shoulder as she put more distance between them just in case.

"Mama? Mama what's happening?"

"Hey...it's okay kiddo. It's alright darlin. Mama's just kicking bad guy butt is all." She assured her daughter. "That was Mama's Bowel Buster!" Maribelle looked back at the shark. "Don't think he'll be getting up again. Brought it on yourself, fishstick." She walked over to a random rack and pulled a shirt off of it and pressed it against her shoulder. "Sorry about this! I'll pay for everythin' I promise!" She called out to the cashiers.

Maribelle started to walk over to the cashiers when she heard more retching behind her. She turned back to look at him as the shark man started violently shaking and spasming as pools of green liquid flowed out of his mouth like a waterfall and his elbow spikes began growing longer, more of them grew out of his back, his fin grew longer and his body became unnaturally and eerily thin as steam began blowing out of his gills and ears!

She lowered her arm in confusion. "The hell? What in tarnation is goin on there?"

The shark man stood up again now roaring like a monster followed by plunging himself into the floor again and then leaping up at her at an angle to try and chomp on her but Mari used the shockwaves to propel herself backward to dodge him and then she blasted him away. He flew across the store, plunged into the ground and began leaping out at random and slashing at the remaining civilians whom hadn't yet fled and whipping others with its tail before suddenly running off and slashing and clawing and biting at the air in a blind fury!

"Oh damn. Everyone stay here! I'm going to deal with this! That includes you Emmy! GO HIDE NOW!" She called out to her and ran out to the mall to go stop the monster.

"B-but...but..M-mama..." She stammered out and looked down at the cape on the floor. "But I...wanna...be a hero..."

Maribelle closed in on the monster and attacked it from above but it noticed her and it turned around and whipped its tail at her but she released shockwaves by striking the air and flinging herself over it, flipping and spinning in the air and landing on the ground where she struck outward again and released shockwaves the pushed him away but the shark monster dug its claws into the ground and stopped itself before flinging itself at her but she dodged him again and ducked under his tail, turned around and sent the shockwaves at him while he was flying through the air and caused it to fly into and through a cart where it kept flying and then it slammed down on the ground and slid for several feet before stopping.

Mari cautiously closed until he pulled himself up, thrashed around at the air and then it started slamming its arms down on the ground, punched into it, grabbed onto the floor and pulled up a large chunk of the floor and flung it aside towards a pair of cowering civilians! Mari didn't even hesitate before she stepped forward, pulled her arms back and then struck her palms outward and sent out shockwaves that burst the chunk of the floor into rubble before it could reach them. The monster flung itself at her and she saw him coming and turned and struck out again and sent out a shockwave as he punched out at her! She managed to push against his arm just enough with the air shockwaves to blunt and slow down his punch that she could dodge it before he could swing it aside and then he stomped on the floor and managed to catch her with his tail whip and sent her flying! She gasped in pain and flew a considerable distance before she hit the floor hard and slid a few more feet before stopping. "Unngghh....owww..."

The raging shark monster ran at her while flailing its arms and chomping its teeth rapidly. Mari managed to get up on one knee still gasping in pain and holding her stomach. She spat out some blood out on the floor and raised up her arm ready to give it another blast.

The monster closed in.

She gritted her teeth and got ready.

The monster leaped at her with its mouth wide open bellowing in rage!

"LIIIINEBACKER!" Emmylou called out as she tackled the monster away from her mother, through the air and into a wall! The shark man crashed into the wall, hit it so hard it broke into and through the wall and then dropped down to the floor!

Emmylou stood on the floor and brushed herself off. She took a deep breath, put her hands on her hips and made a heroic pose with the Stars&Stripes Cape tied around her neck.

"I've had enough of this! Okay you disgusting-stinky breathed-mutating-man eating-yellow teethed-micro-brained-spiked back-dirt eating-monster! You're fighting me now! Don't you dare hurt my momma!"

https://i.postimg.cc/wMFP3CqJ/Emkm-I1-W8-Ag-ZUf-W.jpg

Name: Emmylou Abernathy!

Quirk: Powerhouse! Emmylou's body tissue, skin, muscles, bones, etc. are extremely resilient, allowing her to withstand harmful forces on her body such as crushing weights, impacts, pressures, changes in temperature, etc. Also, she possesses drastically enhanced levels of strength and stamina due to how durable her body has become, allowing her to resist tearing and/or breaking her bones. A necessity, as her body is able to exert over 100% of her body's muscular strength, maximizing the capacity, while under normal conditions most humans can only exert around 65%.

Berserk as he was the shark man didn't notice the numerous bones she'd shattered on impact with his body, not to mention the other wounds he'd suffered crashing through the wall or the ones that Mari had inflicted on him earlier. Instead he simply spewed our blood even while diving down into the ground. He swam through the ground in a random bizarre nonsensical pattern all throughout the mall while jumping out and diving back down. Eventually he swam down deep beneath the ground and suddenly shot up towards her like a missile and spun around like a drill with his mouth wide open.

Emmylou was in the middle of looking around for the shark monster when she heard a noise from underground swiftly closing in on them and she jumped backwards just in time to dodge the deranged shark man breaking through the ground and flying up into the air like a drill throwing rubble and dirt and soil off of him everywhere. Emmylou landed on her but and quickly scrambled to her feet as the monster rose up high into the air and then stopped spinning and it began to fall down towards her. She just smiled however and began rolling her shoulder as she waited for him to come back down towards her. "You're gonna pay for hurting all those people and my momma!" She shouted at him. He kept falling closer and closer while raising up his claws and preparing to slash down on her but then she jumped up to him, reared back and drove her fist into him! "GRAND SLAM!" She called out her next Super Move while driving her fist into him so hard that there was a thunderous crash and a burst of air from the force of her punch! Landshark's jaw dropped and his eyes bugged out as he was sent hurtling across the mall, past several stores and over the heads of everyone left in the mall, through the air, into a clothing store, crashed through a few racks and then down to the floor where his numerous body spikes and fin tore up the floor until he finally stopped and dropped to the ground.

"Did you see that, Mama? Did you see it? Did you? Did you?" Emmylou asked excitedly as she ran over to her mother. "You see that? I did that Stars&Stripes style!"

"Heh, yeah, I saw it honey. That was incredible." Mari complimented and placed a hand on her daughter's shoulder. "Mommy's little girl. Pa's gonna be so proud when he hears about this!"

"What about you though, momma? Are you okay?"

"Just a few scrapes." She assured her daughter. "Comes with the territory. Give me a day or two of rest and I'll be fine."

You are here » World of Paragons » Storage Central » Academia America