World of Paragons

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » World of Paragons » Storyboard Central » The White Dragon Martial Arts Academy: The Fighting Family

The White Dragon Martial Arts Academy: The Fighting Family

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

https://i.imgur.com/MFuI6v2.jpg

A Lighthearted, Mostly, Martial Arts Story Inspired By Cobra Kai That Asks The Question: What If Danny-Boy And Amanda Had Instilled Balance And Discipline In Their Kids?

This Is Going To Be A Fun One!

Looking forward to this one!

+1

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Looking forward to this one!

Thank you! Gave your post a +1!

+1

VAKANIA CITY MARTIAL ARTS CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS!

May 18. 1988!

Sifu Bailong Fang calmly provided his young pupil Jack Varon with a fresh water bottle as he sat in his seat with a towel around his back. "Thank you, Sifu."

"Hey no need to thank me. You're doing great out there. To come this far on your own is incredible. Nobody will ever be able to tell you otherwise."

"But...I never would've made it this far without you."

Sifu shook his head. "I could only train you and offer you advice. The skill is all you. You put in all those hours of work and it's paid off. You should be proud, Jack."

"I am. Of myself. Of you. Of both of us." He drank the water. "Ohhhh that's good. Thanks again, Sifu, for everything."

"Once again you are welcome but are you able to continue in your condition?"

Jack considered his chances. Archie and Scott had hammered him in his matches with them. Just like Sensei Dreadmaw had no doubt ordered them to. He'd seen him advising them before the matches. Not unusual but with how crazy they'd gotten out there on the mat he had his suspicions. Their job was obvious. To go after him with everything they had and bring the pain to gas him and tire him out to either take him out of the tournament or at least beat him down enough that Kelvin would be able to win easily. Speaking of whom, Jack had noticed that Kelvin had been fighting relatively easy fighters in comparison to the beasts of the city that Jack had been fighting through all tournament long. While he couldn't prove it per say it was quite obvious that he'd somehow fixed the matches at least enough to give Kelvin a free ride to the finals while Jack was stuck climbing the ladder against everyone else. It was certainly effective. Wave after wave of pain were shooting through his body. He'd been taking a beating all tournament long but his matches with Archie and Scott involved both of them going insane on him as hard as they could while still technically staying within the rules to not get disqualified.

His body hurt all over. His legs hurt, his arms hurt, everything, but nothing as much as chest. It was exhausting and the pain was taking its toll on him....but he would not give into it. Not now. Not ever again. He downed his ice water and pushed the pain out of his mind. He would deal with it later after this was over. Regardless of who won he would see this through to the end. "Lets do this, Sifu."

Archie Johnson and Scott Walker were The Dreadmaw Dojo's latest casualties. Both of them laid out in the medical wing being looked after by the doctors.

"I just don't get it. How the hell did a fucking nobody like Jack do this to them?" Kelvin Powers asked his Sensei. Besides him, Archie and Scott were two of the best in the Dojo but despite going after him with everything they had that little rat had not only won but taken them completely out of commission! He saw them beat on that punk like he'd never seen before and he just kept coming after them! What kind of freak was he? What, did that monster give him drugs or something?

"A word. Outside."

Kelvin got back up and followed him out of the room to speak in the hallway.

"Did you see them? Did you see the pain they were in? What he did to them?"

"Yes, Sensei."

"Donny, Jeromy, Reyes, Shayne, Ty, Gaston, Archie, Scott...even Linda and Teri! He's humiliated us this entire tournament. Mocked us, belittled us, embarrassed us and done that to all of your friends. Now what are you going to do about it Kelvin?"

Kelvin smiled. "I'm gonna turn up the heat and roast that damn nerd out there! In front of everyone!"

"Good boy. I want you to hurt him you understand me? I want you to hurt him so badly he'll never fight again. I want you to destroy him and take him out of commission."

"Yes, Sensei. I'll do it. I'm going to thrash him out there."

"That's right Kelvin. Because you're the best. In this stadium. In the arena. In the dojo. In this city. In the world. That little rodent has nothing on you. Go out there and remind him of his place."

"You got it, Sensei, I won't fail you."

They bowed to each other and Kelvin walked back into the room to check on his friends. Donny was the first to fall. No surprise there. He always was too soft for the dojo. But then the others started to fall. Jeremy was next. Then Reyes. Then Shayne. Linda and Teri had been the biggest upsets. They might've been girls but they were very skilled and it was a shock to see even them lose to Jack. Gaston was the most shocking one. He might not have been all that skilled but he was big and a wrecking machine. The biggest gun they had. So when even he was 10 Counted the entire Dojo was left in shock. He didn't blame the guys for being so angry at him or going wild in the tournament either. Archie and Scott were always tight with Linda and Teri but now even they'd fallen....Kelvin hated to admit it but he was getting worried.

What kind of monster had Jack turned into?

No. NO! He couldn't think like that! He had to focus on tearing him apart in the ring. "Guys, I know you can hear me. I know you're all tired from the fight but I want you to guys to watch the fight the closest and cheer me on. I'm going to tear him apart for what he did to all of you. Nobody humiliates my friends and our Dojo and walks. Nobody."

He bowed and walked out of the room. "Time to turn up the heat. I'm going to roast that damn nerd today!"

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

VAKANIA CITY MARTIAL ARTS CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS!

May 18. 1988!

Sifu Bailong Fang calmly provided his young pupil Jack Varon with a fresh water bottle as he sat in his seat with a towel around his back. "Thank you, Sifu."

"Hey no need to thank me. You're doing great out there. To come this far on your own is incredible. Nobody will ever be able to tell you otherwise."

"But...I never would've made it this far without you."

Sifu shook his head. "I could only train you and offer you advice. The skill is all you. You put in all those hours of work and it's paid off. You should be proud, Jack."

"I am. Of myself. Of you. Of both of us." He drank the water. "Ohhhh that's good. Thanks again, Sifu, for everything."

"Once again you are welcome but are you able to continue in your condition?"

Jack considered his chances. Archie and Scott had hammered him in his matches with them. Just like Sensei Dreadmaw had no doubt ordered them to. He'd seen him advising them before the matches. Not unusual but with how crazy they'd gotten out there on the mat he had his suspicions. Their job was obvious. To go after him with everything they had and bring the pain to gas him and tire him out to either take him out of the tournament or at least beat him down enough that Kelvin would be able to win easily. Speaking of whom, Jack had noticed that Kelvin had been fighting relatively easy fighters in comparison to the beasts of the city that Jack had been fighting through all tournament long. While he couldn't prove it per say it was quite obvious that he'd somehow fixed the matches at least enough to give Kelvin a free ride to the finals while Jack was stuck climbing the ladder against everyone else. It was certainly effective. Wave after wave of pain were shooting through his body. He'd been taking a beating all tournament long but his matches with Archie and Scott involved both of them going insane on him as hard as they could while still technically staying within the rules to not get disqualified.

His body hurt all over. His legs hurt, his arms hurt, everything, but nothing as much as chest. It was exhausting and the pain was taking its toll on him....but he would not give into it. Not now. Not ever again. He downed his ice water and pushed the pain out of his mind. He would deal with it later after this was over. Regardless of who won he would see this through to the end. "Lets do this, Sifu."

Archie Johnson and Scott Walker were The Dreadmaw Dojo's latest casualties. Both of them laid out in the medical wing being looked after by the doctors.

"I just don't get it. How the hell did a fucking nobody like Jack do this to them?" Kelvin Powers asked his Sensei. Besides him, Archie and Scott were two of the best in the Dojo but despite going after him with everything they had that little rat had not only won but taken them completely out of commission! He saw them beat on that punk like he'd never seen before and he just kept coming after them! What kind of freak was he? What, did that monster give him drugs or something?

"A word. Outside."

Kelvin got back up and followed him out of the room to speak in the hallway.

"Did you see them? Did you see the pain they were in? What he did to them?"

"Yes, Sensei."

"Donny, Jeromy, Reyes, Shayne, Ty, Gaston, Archie, Scott...even Linda and Teri! He's humiliated us this entire tournament. Mocked us, belittled us, embarrassed us and done that to all of your friends. Now what are you going to do about it Kelvin?"

Kelvin smiled. "I'm gonna turn up the heat and roast that damn nerd out there! In front of everyone!"

"Good boy. I want you to hurt him you understand me? I want you to hurt him so badly he'll never fight again. I want you to destroy him and take him out of commission."

"Yes, Sensei. I'll do it. I'm going to thrash him out there."

"That's right Kelvin. Because you're the best. In this stadium. In the arena. In the dojo. In this city. In the world. That little rodent has nothing on you. Go out there and remind him of his place."

"You got it, Sensei, I won't fail you."

They bowed to each other and Kelvin walked back into the room to check on his friends. Donny was the first to fall. No surprise there. He always was too soft for the dojo. But then the others started to fall. Jeremy was next. Then Reyes. Then Shayne. Linda and Teri had been the biggest upsets. They might've been girls but they were very skilled and it was a shock to see even them lose to Jack. Gaston was the most shocking one. He might not have been all that skilled but he was big and a wrecking machine. The biggest gun they had. So when even he was 10 Counted the entire Dojo was left in shock. He didn't blame the guys for being so angry at him or going wild in the tournament either. Archie and Scott were always tight with Linda and Teri but now even they'd fallen....Kelvin hated to admit it but he was getting worried.

What kind of monster had Jack turned into?

No. NO! He couldn't think like that! He had to focus on tearing him apart in the ring. "Guys, I know you can hear me. I know you're all tired from the fight but I want you to guys to watch the fight the closest and cheer me on. I'm going to tear him apart for what he did to all of you. Nobody humiliates my friends and our Dojo and walks. Nobody."

He bowed and walked out of the room. "Time to turn up the heat. I'm going to roast that damn nerd today!"

They returned to the stadium arena where Kelvin spotted Jack and his Chink Mentor doing breathing exercises. He just smirked. Let them play around. It wouldn't help them. he was going to destroy Jack in the ring. Jack wouldn't even be a challenge in the condition he was in! Kelvin was going to rip him apart and make him suffer so badly he would never compete again! His rage only increased when he saw Sara Gordon. HIS GIRL, standing alongside them and performing the exercises along with jack. She was wasting her time. He was going to rip Jack apart and prove to her what a pathetic little loser he is and still was and that Kelvin was the real man here! Kelvin scoffed and walked away to perform his own warm-up exercises.

"Ahhh that feels better." Jack breathed a sigh of relief. "I feel a lot better now."

"Breathing exercises move Chi through your body to assist with healing, Jack, but it's just a little patch job, not a miracle cure, so you'll still need to be careful out there."

"I understand, Sifu, don't worry. I'll be careful."

"Hey don't look now but he's giving you the stink-eye again." Sara warned him.

"Good. Let him rage and throw his tantrums. Hot anger is bad. It blinds you and you make mistakes. You get careless, reckless and tunnel-visioned. Your enemy can be lead into traps while you dodge their attacks, lead them into counters and let them waste their stamina." Jack explained.

Sifu Bailong smiled and nodded. Jack had learned his lessons well in the months of training leading up to the tournament. He was calmer now than when he'd first found him. More disciplined. More focused. He was ready. Despite the injuries he'd sustained from his opponents up until now, if his opponent was blinded by rage then Jack would be able to even the odds and wear him down.

"Oh. Okay yeah that makes sense. Just be careful out there okay? We both know how insane Kelvin can get when he goes into Rage Mode."

"Rage Mode is just going to make him overheat. I'm sure I'll be fine, Sara, but thank you."

"Anytime. Good luck."

"Thanks. I'm going to need it."

They hugged and she patted him gently on the back and then they parted and shook hands and he turned to face his Master. "Now remember. Focus on Defense and Counter Attacks. Let him come to you. Let him rage and take advantage of it to wear him down. Fight tactically, let him play into your hands and victory will be yours. Remember above all else..."

"To fight with honor. I remember Sifu. Thank you. For everything."

"This is your day, Jack, you have earned it."

Kelvin threw a few lightning fast jabs at the air while he warmed himself up for the fight and added in some kicks. He was getting warmed up for the fight sure but his expression was so intense and his movements had a lot of power behind them and his rage was boiling over. He was ready to leap into the ring and rip Jack apart!

Sensei Dread watched him with pride. "Good, good, use your anger. Channel it. Focus it. Then unleash it all on him at once. Tear him down and make him suffer. Then make him suffer some more. Then once he's been beaten down to a crying sobbing wreck on the mat? Then, and only then, do you end it. Do you understand?"

"I understand sir. I'm going to rip him apart out there."

"Good, good. Love the attitude. Keep it up. I'll be right back." He smiled and walked away towards Jack's little group. He looked up from his group to see Sensei Dread approaching them. "Heads up. We've got trouble."

Sifu stepped forward and raised his hand. "It's fine. Continue warming up. I'll take care of this." He replied and stepped closer to meet Sensei Dread.

You are here » World of Paragons » Storyboard Central » The White Dragon Martial Arts Academy: The Fighting Family