World of Paragons

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » World of Paragons » A Marvelous Expanded Universe » Super Geniuses, Universities And Slice Of Life!

Super Geniuses, Universities And Slice Of Life!

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

https://i.postimg.cc/6qP0h3Qs/1epprisbj-original.jpg

TRINITY UNIVERSITY!

A Fancy, High-Class University, , a massive, sprawling, campus covering 23,000 acres of land with the latest of advanced technology populated by the best and brightest young minds of the country all seeking to expand their minds and learn from the greatest teachers gathered from around the world. Genius men and women and everyone in between have gathered here in this Elaborate, Fancy, High-Class University It might not be as amazing as The Young Avengers Academy our Heroes are attending but it's quite fancy regardless. The inside of the University looks like a palace and the dorm rooms look like hotel suites. Fine dining is offered and the fitness equipment and the universities level of technology are very high-end. Truly a University for the Upper Crust of the world. The Entrance Exams, and Exams in general here, are exceptionally difficult though and students need to focus hard on their studies to keep up. The Professors are harsh on their students but fair because they expect the best of the best from them. Students were coming and going scurrying around the Universities grounds or studying in the libraries or working in the labs or exercising when they weren't paying strict attention in their classes.

One young man in particular was working intently in a laboratory at the moment with various pieces of tech strewn about his workbench and a Vibranium Pendant sitting on a metallic scanner device that was analyzing it. The Pendant in particular was something his Grandfather found years ago and kept it around as a Good Luck Charm after it stopped a bullet for him, then passed it down to his dad who passed it down to him. Amusingly, it wasn't until Wakanda came forward that anybody even knew it was Vibranium in the first place! Since it was found, not stolen, and too small to be useful as a weapon, they kept it around and the young man simply wore it as a pendant. For the majority of his life he didn't pay any mind to the idea of Vibranium being undetectable really but eventually that idea began bugging him personally and he soon took it on as a challenge: To develop tech the University Lab that could detect Vibranium.

Because the various greatest scientific breakthroughs of the world all started with the same question: WHY NOT?

That was the question that lead this tall, muscular young man with teal-colored eyes and short, dark brown hair to where he was now at his workbench fiddling with the tech in front of him while playing music in the background to help him stay focused.

His personal project was coming along. He'd gone through a few prototypes until he developed his 4.0 Version. It would occasionally beep when scanning the Pendant but it wasn't reliable yet. It would detect it but it was unreliable and he had to leave the Pendant sitting on it for a while before the scans would occasionally detect it. He needed to keep improving on the design. He continued working on the blueprints until he heard a ringing sound and turned off the music and pressed a button on a device causing a hologram of a young lady in a red t-shirt and black pants to pop-up.

"Hey there, Derry, Maine! How's the Mad Science going?"

"Dunno, Williams, you tell me." He replied with a smile and took off his goggles. "How's the Superhero Business?"

https://i.postimg.cc/FRksRrBW/1cd0210f314e99ab2422b2e5dbef3097.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/gkmm9HmB/a6404d47275791395b38da714dfc70f5.jpg

"I'm making improvements to my suit every day, everyone here is Super Cool and WE'RE GONNA MEET SPIDER-MAN TODAY!" She exclaimed happily.

"Seriously? As in Peter Parker Spider-Man? The real OG? What's he like?"

"Well, I haven't met him yet, but everything I've seen from him so far says that is just the coolest guy ever!"

"Coolest guy ever. Fitting for a guy who saved the world a few times." He chuckled. "Morales is gonna loose his mind when he finds out, you know."

"I'll see if I can get Peter to drop by. How's he doing anyway?"

"Miles?"

"Yeah."

"The Wonder Kid's doing all right all things considered but he said he's been feeling a little off lately. I think he might be pushing himself a little too hard but that's pretty common here."

"Hmmm. Alright then, I'll be sure to give him a call....what about you though? You getting lucky there?"

"What do you mean?"

"A Labcoat and a Uniform alone aren't going to fool my eyes, Derrick, what's that mark on your neck?"

"This?" Derrick slid off his labcoat and pulled his shirt down a little to expose the red mark on his neck. "You know? I'm not exactly sure. I think it was a bug bite or something." He shrugged and adjusted his outfit. "Nothing to worry about. But what about you? When's the last time you slept?"

"I am fueled by science! I do not require sleep! Reed Richards doesn't sleep and neither do I!"

"Three days. Got it." He replied with a chuckle. "And Reed might be an absolute genius but he's also nuts and a Superhuman. Don't push yourself so hard, Riri."

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

TRINITY UNIVERSITY!

A Fancy, High-Class University, , a massive, sprawling, campus covering 23,000 acres of land with the latest of advanced technology populated by the best and brightest young minds of the country all seeking to expand their minds and learn from the greatest teachers gathered from around the world. Genius men and women and everyone in between have gathered here in this Elaborate, Fancy, High-Class University It might not be as amazing as The Young Avengers Academy our Heroes are attending but it's quite fancy regardless. The inside of the University looks like a palace and the dorm rooms look like hotel suites. Fine dining is offered and the fitness equipment and the universities level of technology are very high-end. Truly a University for the Upper Crust of the world. The Entrance Exams, and Exams in general here, are exceptionally difficult though and students need to focus hard on their studies to keep up. The Professors are harsh on their students but fair because they expect the best of the best from them. Students were coming and going scurrying around the Universities grounds or studying in the libraries or working in the labs or exercising when they weren't paying strict attention in their classes.

One young man in particular was working intently in a laboratory at the moment with various pieces of tech strewn about his workbench and a Vibranium Pendant sitting on a metallic scanner device that was analyzing it. The Pendant in particular was something his Grandfather found years ago and kept it around as a Good Luck Charm after it stopped a bullet for him, then passed it down to his dad who passed it down to him. Amusingly, it wasn't until Wakanda came forward that anybody even knew it was Vibranium in the first place! Since it was found, not stolen, and too small to be useful as a weapon, they kept it around and the young man simply wore it as a pendant. For the majority of his life he didn't pay any mind to the idea of Vibranium being undetectable really but eventually that idea began bugging him personally and he soon took it on as a challenge: To develop tech the University Lab that could detect Vibranium.

Because the various greatest scientific breakthroughs of the world all started with the same question: WHY NOT?

That was the question that lead this tall, muscular young man with teal-colored eyes and short, dark brown hair to where he was now at his workbench fiddling with the tech in front of him while playing music in the background to help him stay focused.

His personal project was coming along. He'd gone through a few prototypes until he developed his 4.0 Version. It would occasionally beep when scanning the Pendant but it wasn't reliable yet. It would detect it but it was unreliable and he had to leave the Pendant sitting on it for a while before the scans would occasionally detect it. He needed to keep improving on the design. He continued working on the blueprints until he heard a ringing sound and turned off the music and pressed a button on a device causing a hologram of a young lady in a red t-shirt and black pants to pop-up.

"Hey there, Derry, Maine! How's the Mad Science going?"

"Dunno, Williams, you tell me." He replied with a smile and took off his goggles. "How's the Superhero Business?"

"I'm making improvements to my suit every day, everyone here is Super Cool and WE'RE GONNA MEET SPIDER-MAN TODAY!" She exclaimed happily.

"Seriously? As in Peter Parker Spider-Man? The real OG? What's he like?"

"Well, I haven't met him yet, but everything I've seen from him so far says that is just the coolest guy ever!"

"Coolest guy ever. Fitting for a guy who saved the world a few times." He chuckled. "Morales is gonna loose his mind when he finds out, you know."

"I'll see if I can get Peter to drop by. How's he doing anyway?"

"Miles?"

"Yeah."

"The Wonder Kid's doing all right all things considered but he said he's been feeling a little off lately. I think he might be pushing himself a little too hard but that's pretty common here."

"Hmmm. Alright then, I'll be sure to give him a call....what about you though? You getting lucky there?"

"What do you mean?"

"A Labcoat and a Uniform alone aren't going to fool my eyes, Derrick, what's that mark on your neck?"

"This?" Derrick slid off his labcoat and pulled his shirt down a little to expose the red mark on his neck. "You know? I'm not exactly sure. I think it was a bug bite or something." He shrugged and adjusted his outfit. "Nothing to worry about. But what about you? When's the last time you slept?"

"I am fueled by science! I do not require sleep! Reed Richards doesn't sleep and neither do I!"

"Three days. Got it." He replied with a chuckle. "And Reed might be an absolute genius but he's also nuts and a Superhuman. Don't push yourself so hard, Riri."

"I shall take your advice into consideration so long as you practice what you preach. Get some rest once in a while and get that bug bite of yours looked at. Does it hurt at all?"

"No. Not really. It's just kind of weird. I don't even remember where I got it. Eh. No big deal. It should heal up in no time." Derrick replied while he got back to work on the next set of blueprints. "Anyway, this shouldn't take too much more work. A little bit more time and I should be able to finish it."

"You know, you haven't told me what it is exactly that you're working on."

Derrick looked back at her hologram. "Well that's a surprise. I'll tell you once I get it to work. Lets just say it's going to change the world."

"So are you getting paid to make this thing?"

"Nah. This is a personal pet project to satisfy my own curiosity as to whether or not I can do it in the first place. I'll work on selling it and all that later. Same as you right? How's that coming along?"

"Pretty much. Well, I mean, except for the selling part. This is for Superheroics. Anyway, my Arc-Reactor Prototype can power the suit for a few minutes so far but I still need to improve the design."

"Keep up the good work, Riri, I know you can pull it off."

"Thanks 'Rick."

"You're welcome, Morty."

"Aw jeeze, don't you start."

"So? Any other new faces?"

"Actually yeah. Two besides Peter. A giant oversized sumo wrestler who literally calls himself Blob and a Frog-Man calling himself The Toad. The big guy's a powerhouse but not the brightest bulb in the box and the Toad is...a Toad-Guy."

Derrick chuckled. "Sounds like you're gonna have your hands full. Well be sure to have fun and get along with everyone. Let me know what Spidey's like in person."

"I will. Have fun in College!"

"You too. Later!"

"Later!"

She hung up and the hologram disappeared back into the cube. Derrick tapped it to hang up as well and got back to focusing on his work.

You are here » World of Paragons » A Marvelous Expanded Universe » Super Geniuses, Universities And Slice Of Life!