World of Paragons

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » World of Paragons » Marvelous » Spider-Man: A Tangled Web

Spider-Man: A Tangled Web

Posts 1 to 46 of 46

Author's Note: This is what I consider to be my own continuation of the events from Far From Home. It's partially an alternate universe fic as it retcons a few elements I consider embarrassing. Yet otherwise remains true to the ending of Far From Home.

The first change would be that Petey's fat comic relief friend gets put on a bus. He's out. He's not coming back. Because I hated the character with the burning fury of a billion suns.

One retcon I have in mind is that "MJ" will be named Jessica Drew. Why? Because the MCU missed out on a golden opportunity and this plays a part in a future arc down the road. Another retcon would be Tony Stark. Oh, he's still dead as Dillinger but he's in no way Pete's father figure. Cool mentor, sure but Pete already had a father figure in Uncle Ben.

Another retcon would be Mysterio. He's from the multiverse. If the MCU is going to do this arc then commit to it. Not every villain needs to connect to Tony Stark. Besides this to plays into a future arc I have planned. Especially as Mysterio was never dead. SHIELD managed to find him alive and he's held prisoner in a Super Max somewhere.

Timeline wise this takes place around a few months after the events of Far From Home.

I'm going to cherry-pick a few elements of classic Spider-Man, the PS4 version, and a few films. Tone-wise it's more close to Darkest Hours.

The rating of this will be PG-13.

Peter Parker stands before the gravestone of his late uncle Benjamin Parker. It has been a routine tradition that he'd visit his burial site every year during his birthday. No matter what he has on schedule he'd always find a way to make time for the man whom he considered the closest he had to a father figure. Normally he'd just talk to him like he normally would. Tell him how he's doing at school or about his newfound path as a superhero. Now he just felt lost.

He has missed out on his conversations. That wasn't of his own choosing but that didn't make him any less guilty. Now, with his identity being known to the public, He couldn't feel anymore trapped as he is now.

"With great power, comes great responsibility"

His uncle's last words echoed in his mind. He closed his eyes and rubs them before putting his hand on Uncle Ben's gravestone. "I'm trying. It's just...I wish you were here"

Sweet start to the series bro! A heartwarming yet tragic scene the kind of heart the MCU Spidey Movies have definitely been lacking. I like the idea of taking what has worked in the MCU Spidey Films, what little there is, while kicking out the things that really didn't work. Give it a more down to Earth and human vibe actually focusing on Peter rather than cringey comedy and Tony.

https://i.imgur.com/iBIWl5x.jpg

Alright everybody! Lets run through this one more time!

My name is Peter Parker! I was an ordinary kid living with my aunt and uncle, then I got bit by a radioactive genetically altered super spider and gained super powers.

I made the mistake of treating them like a game and it cost me one of the most important people in my life. Since then I have dedicated myself to using my powers responsibly for the betterment of mankind and protecting my city.

I fought crime on my own for months before I received the chance of a lifetime to join the Avengers...by fighting the Avengers.

Then after all of that insanity died down I returned home and got my life back on track. I fought my first super-villain too! A Vulture named Adrian Toomes. I defeated him but it cost me my first crush Liz Allen.

After that? Life finally got back to normal, as normal as it gets for me anyway, until Earth got hit by another alien invasion, we get a lot of those, and I got swept up in a space adventure to defeat an intergalactic tyrant named Thanos!

It...uhhhh...it-it didn't go well. I...died. For a while. As did at least 50% of the Universe. Then when we all came back I had to rejoin the battle against him. We won this time but it cost Tony Stark his life. And unfortunately, Natasha Romanoff had to sacrifice herself just to get those...damned gems together so the rest of us could come back in the first place.

I tried to move on. I did. I tried to take a vacation to Europe only to get swept up in another super-villain scheme of a maniacal trickster from another universe. Quentin Beck. Mysterio. I defeated him too and stopped his mad plan to pose as a hero while destroying the city but now my secret identity has been leaked to the world.

The surviving Avengers are scattered.

My friends have split up.

The police are questioning everyone.

Criminals everywhere are looking for me.

There are sirens in the distance. Someone is in danger.

It's time to go to work. If I'm not helping, who will?

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Peter Parker stands before the gravestone of his late uncle Benjamin Parker. It has been a routine tradition that he'd visit his burial site every year during his birthday. No matter what he has on schedule he'd always find a way to make time for the man whom he considered the closest he had to a father figure. Normally he'd just talk to him like he normally would. Tell him how he's doing at school or about his newfound path as a superhero. Now he just felt lost.

He has missed out on his conversations. That wasn't of his own choosing but that didn't make him any less guilty. Now, with his identity being known to the public, He couldn't feel anymore trapped as he is now.

"With great power, comes great responsibility"

His uncle's last words echoed in his mind. He closed his eyes and rubs them before putting his hand on Uncle Ben's gravestone. "I'm trying. It's just...I wish you were here"

"I miss him too, honey." A soft and kind voice spoke up behind him as May Parker approached her nephew from behind. "But, I mean, after everything you've done? Saving the world? Saving all those people? I know he'd be proud of you."

https://i.postimg.cc/0N6z5RHK/May-Parker-SH.png

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"I miss him too, honey." A soft and kind voice spoke up behind him as May Parker approached her nephew from behind. "But, I mean, after everything you've done? Saving the world? Saving all those people? I know he'd be proud of you."

Pete sniffled and wiped his face with his sleeve. "I know, Aunt May. And I believe he would. It's just...It's not like I wanted to keep my Spider-Man persona secret forever. I would've shown myself eventually but I suppose fate had a different plan in mind. To be perfectly honest, I'm a little scared right now"

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Pete sniffled and wiped his face with his sleeve. "I know, Aunt May. And I believe he would. It's just...It's not like I wanted to keep my Spider-Man persona secret forever. I would've shown myself eventually but I suppose fate had a different plan in mind. To be perfectly honest, I'm a little scared right now"

May embraced him tightly. "I know, baby, I know. I wish I could be out there with you but the best I can do is give you the support and love you need." She lowered her head while her nephew hugged her back. "We can't always decide our fates for ourselves, sometimes we have to play with the cards we've been dealt. The best thing we can do right now is come up with a plan." She stepped back and knelt down holding his shoulders. "I know there's no way you'll ever stop helping people of course, and I am so, so proud of you for that, but sometimes the best thing you can do is step back, take a good look at the big picture and consider all of your options."

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

May embraced him tightly. "I know, baby, I know. I wish I could be out there with you but the best I can do is give you the support and love you need." She lowered her head while her nephew hugged her back. "We can't always decide our fates for ourselves, sometimes we have to play with the cards we've been dealt. The best thing we can do right now is come up with a plan." She stepped back and knelt down holding his shoulders. "I know there's no way you'll ever stop helping people of course, and I am so, so proud of you for that, but sometimes the best thing you can do is step back, take a good look at the big picture and consider all of your options."

Author's Note: Just want to take this moment by saying: THIS IS WHAT WE SHOULD'VE GOTTEN FROM AUNT MAY! She's Peter Parker's moral anchor for a reason and the MCU never capitalized on it.

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Author's Note: Just want to take this moment by saying: THIS IS WHAT WE SHOULD'VE GOTTEN FROM AUNT MAY! She's Peter Parker's moral anchor for a reason and the MCU never capitalized on it.

Damn right! Aunt May is meant for more than just Hot Aunt Jokes. She should be one of the people Peter can really confide in whether its superhero life or just his normal life. It's about time we made up for all of that and did some course correction.  :glasses:

https://i.imgur.com/iBIWl5x.jpg

My name is Peter Parker! I was an ordinary kid living with my aunt and uncle, then I got bit by a radioactive genetically altered super spider and gained super powers.

I made the mistake of treating them like a game and it cost me one of the most important people in my life. Since then I have dedicated myself to using my powers responsibly for the betterment of mankind and protecting my city.

I fought crime on my own for months before I received the chance of a lifetime to join the Avengers...by fighting the Avengers.

Then after all of that insanity died down I returned home and got my life back on track. I fought my first super-villain too! A Vulture named Adrian Toomes. I defeated him but it cost me my first crush Liz Allen.

After that? Life finally got back to normal, as normal as it gets for me anyway, until Earth got hit by another alien invasion, we get a lot of those, and I got swept up in a space adventure to defeat an intergalactic tyrant named Thanos!

It...uhhhh...it-it didn't go well. I...died. For a while. As did at least 50% of the Universe. Then when we all came back I had to rejoin the battle against him. We won this time but it cost Tony Stark his life. And unfortunately, Natasha Romanoff had to sacrifice herself just to get those...damned gems together so the rest of us could come back in the first place.

I tried to move on. I did. I tried to take a vacation to Europe only to get swept up in another super-villain scheme of a maniacal trickster from another universe. Quentin Beck. Mysterio. I defeated him too and stopped his mad plan to pose as a hero while destroying the city but now my secret identity has been leaked to the world.

Spider-Man did a mad dash along with one of the apartment buildings, before shooting the webs to create a makeshift sling-shot to propel himself forward. The Spider-Sense is into high gear,, whatever the threat is, he's getting closer to the cause of the chaos. Spider-Man commands his suit to zoom in the moment he makes out the cause of the ruckus.

The suit is something that he personally designed. His apprenticeship at Stark Industries has inspired him to evolve his scientific knowledge and upgrade his superhero attire. The suit is more sleek and easy to maneuver. it resembles a clingy spandex costume but it's actually a nano-infused light armor. Spider-Man would personally credit Power Rangers as the source of inspiration behind the suit.

"Oh shit!" Spider-Man exclaimed when he got a good look at the criminal engaged in a stand-off with the police.

http://www.gta5modhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Rhino-Spider-man-PS4-1.0.png

He looked like he could be about as big as The Hulk and just as pissed off. Hefting a plethora of bags that he stole from the bank he challenged the police officers. "You think The Rhino is scared of your little pea shooters? I'll crush all of you!"

The Rhino picks up a nearby car and throws it at one of the police officers. Some of the braces themselves before the car was shielded by a massive webbing that stopped the car and held the car in place.

"Who dares?!" Rhino looked around and sees a tiny figure standing on top of the car that was thrown.

"If you're not going to play well with others then I'm going to have to put you in a time out"

Author's Note: Yup. Spidey designed the suit himself. I did have it where he learned a few things from Stark but it was Peter who designed the more upgraded version of the suit.

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Spider-Man did a mad dash along with one of the apartment buildings, before shooting the webs to create a makeshift sling-shot to propel himself forward. The Spider-Sense is into high gear,, whatever the threat is, he's getting closer to the cause of the chaos. Spider-Man commands his suit to zoom in the moment he makes out the cause of the ruckus.

The suit is something that he personally designed. His apprenticeship at Stark Industries has inspired him to evolve his scientific knowledge and upgrade his superhero attire. The suit is more sleek and easy to maneuver. it resembles a clingy spandex costume but it's actually a nano-infused light armor. Spider-Man would personally credit Power Rangers as the source of inspiration behind the suit.

"Oh shit!" Spider-Man exclaimed when he got a good look at the criminal engaged in a stand-off with the police.

He looked like he could be about as big as The Hulk and just as pissed off. Hefting a plethora of bags that he stole from the bank he challenged the police officers. "You think The Rhino is scared of your little pea shooters? I'll crush all of you!"

The Rhino picks up a nearby car and throws it at one of the police officers. Some of the braces themselves before the car was shielded by a massive webbing that stopped the car and held the car in place.

"Who dares?!" Rhino looked around and sees a tiny figure standing on top of the car that was thrown.

"If you're not going to play well with others then I'm going to have to put you in a time out"

The giant brute laughed as he took in Spider-Man's form. "I knew you were tiny bug man but I did not think you look this small and puny in person, ïàóê, you think you hurt me with little girly hands?  I'm Rhino. I knock things down. I break them. That's what I do. That's who I am. If you wish to die, then come down here I can destroy you. I crush you, I kill you! I destroy you!"

"You want me to come down there so you can kill me?" Spider-Man asked curiously, making conversation so the police could finish guiding the civilians out of there.

"Da!"

"Okay, be right there." He flipped off of the car and landed in a crouch. "Now then.  On behalf of the fine people of New York and real rhinos everywhere, I ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air!"

"Gladly!" Rhino replied. "When I am breaking you over my knee, little bug!" Rhino kicked the ground a few times and then charged forward with his head down and horn at the ready.

(Thaaat's right, big guy, just stay focused on me.) "Toro, Toro!"

He leaped over Rhino, running down the tall brute's back, and flipped off. Not before using his webs to ensnare the giant's arms. When Spider-Man lands he holds the villain in place. "I bet you're probably expecting a different scenario to happen in your head. Unfortunately, this is a David vs Goliath scenario. And I'm sure you must be smart enough to know how that story ends"

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

He leaped over Rhino, running down the tall brute's back, and flipped off. Not before using his webs to ensnare the giant's arms. When Spider-Man lands he holds the villain in place. "I bet you're probably expecting a different scenario to happen in your head. Unfortunately, this is a David vs Goliath scenario. And I'm sure you must be smart enough to know how that story ends"

"Good story. But am not Goliath. I AM RHINO!" He declared and stomped forward and pulled on the webs and yanked Spider-Man off of his feet, swung him around and tossed him away towards the buildings sending Spider-Man hurtling towards them head over heels! Fortunately Spider-Man was able to right himself up enough to launch weblines up the building and pull himself up vertically to avoid smashing through the windows. Instead he flipped and twisted in the air to get his feet out to stick onto the wall. (Ooookaaaay. This might be a little harder than I thought. Hornhead isn't much of a deep thinker but he's strong as hell. So it's back to using my wits here. Cool. That's more my field anyway.) His thoughts were interrupted by the car hurtling towards the upper levels of the building so Spider-Man flung himself forward at it, flipped over it, grabbed it with webs, yanked it down, caught it, flipped it, put his feet on it and rode it down towards Rhino. "Back at'cha hornhead!" Spider-Man called out and dropkicked the car at him only for Rhino to catch it and rip it in half! He laughed at Spider-Man right before two weblines struck his shoulders and Spider-Man yanked himself downward for a dropkick to Rhino's face! Rhino was kicked full force with a resounding *BOOOOM!* sound but remained standing so Spider-Man jumped off of him, yanked himself back over and delivered a few hard punches to Rhino's face before jumping away to avoid being swatted. Spider-Man did a few fancy flips and landed on his feet. Rhino smiled and rubbed his face.

"That was good. Do you have more? I haven't fought like this in years!"

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"Good story. But am not Goliath. I AM RHINO!" He declared and stomped forward and pulled on the webs and yanked Spider-Man off of his feet, swung him around and tossed him away towards the buildings sending Spider-Man hurtling towards them head over heels! Fortunately Spider-Man was able to right himself up enough to launch weblines up the building and pull himself up vertically to avoid smashing through the windows. Instead he flipped and twisted in the air to get his feet out to stick onto the wall. (Ooookaaaay. This might be a little harder than I thought. Hornhead isn't much of a deep thinker but he's strong as hell. So it's back to using my wits here. Cool. That's more my field anyway.) His thoughts were interrupted by the car hurtling towards the upper levels of the building so Spider-Man flung himself forward at it, flipped over it, grabbed it with webs, yanked it down, caught it, flipped it, put his feet on it and rode it down towards Rhino. "Back at'cha hornhead!" Spider-Man called out and dropkicked the car at him only for Rhino to catch it and rip it in half! He laughed at Spider-Man right before two weblines struck his shoulders and Spider-Man yanked himself downward for a dropkick to Rhino's face! Rhino was kicked full force with a resounding *BOOOOM!* sound but remained standing so Spider-Man jumped off of him, yanked himself back over and delivered a few hard punches to Rhino's face before jumping away to avoid being swatted. Spider-Man did a few fancy flips and landed on his feet. Rhino smiled and rubbed his face.

"That was good. Do you have more? I haven't fought like this in years!"

(The good thing is, I've managed to get his attention. The bad news is, I've gotten his attention.)

"I'm not called The Amazing Spider-Man for nothing Big Guy. I have plenty more than you can dish out. If you don't think so then." Spider-Man quick draws a web and it clings on Rhino's face. "Catch me if you can!"

"Friday, pinpoint me to the nearest abandon building" Spider-Man commanded while he swings by a few city blocks, he could hear a faint battle cry from Rhino hot on his heels.

"Playing on their ego. That's what I do best" Spider-Man says to himself.

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

(The good thing is, I've managed to get his attention. The bad news is, I've gotten his attention.)

"I'm not called The Amazing Spider-Man for nothing Big Guy. I have plenty more than you can dish out. If you don't think so then." Spider-Man quick draws a web and it clings on Rhino's face. "Catch me if you can!"

"Friday, pinpoint me to the nearest abandon building" Spider-Man commanded while he swings by a few city blocks, he could hear a faint battle cry from Rhino hot on his heels.

"Playing on their ego. That's what I do best" Spider-Man says to himself.

"YOU CAN'T STOP RHINO!" He called up to Spider-Man while freely rampaging down the street as vehicles swerved to avoid him.

"Just keep your eye on the spider, you big lug!"

*Empty Acme Warehouse Located 4 Blocks To Your Left, Peter! Plotting our route now and factoring in Rhino Rampage.*

Big Thanks Bro! :D

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

Big Thanks Bro!

You're welcome!  :D

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"YOU CAN'T STOP RHINO!" He called up to Spider-Man while freely rampaging down the street as vehicles swerved to avoid him.

"Just keep your eye on the spider, you big lug!"

*Empty Acme Warehouse Located 4 Blocks To Your Left, Peter! Plotting our route now and factoring in Rhino Rampage.*

Spider-Man lead Rhino on a merry chase through the backstreets of New York while occasionally darting in and out to exchange fists with him and then swinging away to keep Rhino focused on him. Which was for the best as Rhino just kept right on smashing into and through everything in his way until they finally reached the way and Spider-Man stopped in front of it and put his thumbs on either side of his face and wiggled his fingers. "Come on, Hornhead, the Spider marks the spot! Come on, buddy, keep up now! Is that big fancy suit just for show?"

"Nowhere else to hide, bug man! The Rhino is going to squash you now!"

"By all means jumbo! Give me your best shot!"

Rhino smiled and lowered himself down and rushed towards him in a full speed charge right at the door! Spider-Man waited until he got close and then he crouched down and spray a web up into the air at his face and then he flipped over him and kicked him in the back and flipped over him again causing Rhino to break into and through the door. He kept running blindly across the warehouse until he smashed into a wall and it collapsed on him. It didn't take Rhino long to break out though and he looked around for him. Spider-Man drop kicked him again and bounced off of his face and landed on his feet.

"Come on, Rhiny, lets do this!"

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

Spider-Man lead Rhino on a merry chase through the backstreets of New York while occasionally darting in and out to exchange fists with him and then swinging away to keep Rhino focused on him. Which was for the best as Rhino just kept right on smashing into and through everything in his way until they finally reached the way and Spider-Man stopped in front of it and put his thumbs on either side of his face and wiggled his fingers. "Come on, Hornhead, the Spider marks the spot! Come on, buddy, keep up now! Is that big fancy suit just for show?"

"Nowhere else to hide, bug man! The Rhino is going to squash you now!"

"By all means jumbo! Give me your best shot!"

Rhino smiled and lowered himself down and rushed towards him in a full speed charge right at the door! Spider-Man waited until he got close and then he crouched down and spray a web up into the air at his face and then he flipped over him and kicked him in the back and flipped over him again causing Rhino to break into and through the door. He kept running blindly across the warehouse until he smashed into a wall and it collapsed on him. It didn't take Rhino long to break out though and he looked around for him. Spider-Man drop kicked him again and bounced off of his face and landed on his feet.

"Come on, Rhiny, lets do this!"

Rhino roared, slammed his hands into the floor and ripped a large chunk of it out of the ground that was twice his size! Rhino then flung it at Spider-Man like a frisbee! Spider-Man jumped clean over it, webbed it, yanked it back over to him, swung it around and flung it at Rhino's head. "Hey, Rhiny! What's grey but turns red?" The rubble smashed into Rhino but he pulverized it and the resulting burst of dust distracted him for a moment and then Spider-Man webbed up his face before closing in and delivering a series of punches onto his face. "An embarrassed rhinoceros!" Rhino grabbed at him only for Spider-Man to flip over on top of his head and knock on it. Rhino ripped the webbing off of his face and then tried to punch him with his other hand only for Spider-Man to leap back, stick to his back with one foot, stomp on his arm, web his arm to his head, jump over him, launch a web line on him, yank himself forward and drop kick his face again. "How about this one? Why did the Rhino cross the road? To prove to the possum it could be done!" Rhino's head jerked back but he managed to withstand it and swiped at Spider-Man with one hand but Spider-Man jumped back and webbed up his arm to his torso. Rhino stumbled backward trying to free his arms and then Spider-Man charged forward and tripped him so he fell on his back. Spider-Man then jumped onto his chest and began repeatedly punching him in the face. His head jerked back and forth from the force of Spider-Man's punches as he fought to free his arms so he could fight back until he finally ripped the webbing on his head and abruptly sat up and grabbed at Spider-Man. Spider-Man jumped backwards to dodge again only for Rhino to finally grab his leg! Rhino chuckled as the wallcrawler fought to free his leg. The Rhino stood up properly and freed his other arm.

"Good fight, little spider, but now I crush you to bits! I rip you apart! I will-" Spider-Man cut him off with a web ball to the face.

Rhino growled and swung Spider-Man back and forth and back and forth and then tossed him into the air and punched him across the warehouse! Spider-Man yelled out in pain as he flew through the air until he smashed into the wall, put a Spider-Man sized crater in it and nearly dropped to the floor before he shot a web line to the ceiling and saved himself. He held his stomach and wheezed in pain. (Okay....owwwww. Ow. Ow. Owwwwwch. Damn. Haven't....been hit like that...since...Thanos.) Spider-Man sucked in air and caught his breath. (Okay then, time to get serious.)

Rhino laughed and recovered from Spider-Man's own assault. He was standing tall but it was obvious that Spider-Man's beatdown was having an effect and wearing him down. "You're impressive. First time someone survive Rhino's punch. Not even Red Guardian remain conscious after that, eh? Come little spider! Let us finish this!" Rhino slammed his hands down on the floor hard enough to shake the entire warehouse and the area outside!

Spider-Man let go of the webline, dropped to the ground, shot weblines at the ground, yanked himself down at an angle, flipped a few times in the air, bounced off of the floor, leaped over the Rhino, webbed him up, pulled himself forward, leaped over Rhino's punch, pulled himself back over and drove a powerpacked punch into Rhino's face.

That one actually rocked The Rhino, enough that his vision starts to blurr and he starts staggering back a little. He doubled over when he felt a kick to the gut but recovered enough to lift a copy machine and use it as a weapon against Spider-Man. "I thought I recognize you. Aren't you that Human-Spider fella?"

Spider-Man limbo'd back, just barely missed his foe's attack. "Back in the day"

"Oh damn! I watched that match you had against Bonesaw!"

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

That one actually rocked The Rhino, enough that his vision starts to blurr and he starts staggering back a little. He doubled over when he felt a kick to the gut but recovered enough to lift a copy machine and use it as a weapon against Spider-Man. "I thought I recognize you. Aren't you that Human-Spider fella?"

"Oh really? Big wrestling fan, hornhead?"

Rhino swung the copy machine down on him only for Spider-Man to dodge it. The machine was broken to pieces and Rhino swiped with his other arm instead only for Spider-Man to jump on top of it and then on top of Rhino.

"It has its moments. Plus, I am big fan of spear move." He grabbed at Spider-Man only for him to jump off of him and kick him in the face again. Rhino recovered however and lowered his head. "Your match was quite enjoyable. Why switch from wrestling to hero though? There's less money and..." Rhino ran towards him at full speed. "Is much more painful!"

Spider-Man jumped over him. "I'm not sure if you'd get Rhiny, but with great power..." Spider-Man sprung over him into the air. "There must also come great responsibility!"

"I get it. But great power also gives great pain!" Rhino shouted as he suddenly stopped running and turned around and leaped into the air after Spider-Man with super strong legs and his lead lowered. Spider-Man turned back around, attached a web to him and yanked himself towards Rhino and raised his fist.

A few minutes prior

Any news reporter would be insane to try and do news footage of that crazy fight between Spider-Man and Rhino. Calling Lois Lane crazy would be harsh, the correct word would be determined. At least that is how she views it.

https://i1.wp.com/codigoespagueti.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Superman-Man-of-Tomorrow-12.jpg?resize=640%2C367&quality=80&ssl=1

"Miss Lane, I'd follow you to the ends of the earth but don't you think this is extreme?" Katherine Pryde as most of the folks at the Daily Bugle would refer her said while she holds onto her camera as if it's a child while keeping herself steady in her passenger seat.

"I've reported that insane battle in New York awhile back, Kitten. This is a field trip for me." Lois says as she swerves her van to avoid traffic while following the two super-powered beings towards the abandoned ACME warehouse.

_

Lois and Kitty entered the building. They can hear the sounds of an intense battle, "We're not too far. Once we're at the battlezone start rolling"

"Will do" Kitty said

They made it up to the fifth level of the building, which just so happens to be the office section. The reporters hid behind a cubicle the moment they've entered the area.

"I thought I recognize you. Aren't you that Human-Spider fella?"

Lois grimaced, "So the web-crawler just so happens to be a member of that fake wrestling organization?"

"Not fake. It's actually the first wrestling organization where wins and losses aren't predetermined." Kitty Pryde pointed out. "Plus he was popular with the kid demographic"

Lois raised an eyebrow

"Everyone has their guilty pleasure ma'am. Mine's that" Kitty says

"There is no guilt in what you enjoy Kitten" Lois signals her to start filming.

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

A few minutes prior

Any news reporter would be insane to try and do news footage of that crazy fight between Spider-Man and Rhino. Calling Lois Lane crazy would be harsh, the correct word would be determined. At least that is how she views it.

"Miss Lane, I'd follow you to the ends of the earth but don't you think this is extreme?" Katherine Pryde as most of the folks at the Daily Bugle would refer her said while she holds onto her camera as if it's a child while keeping herself steady in her passenger seat.

"I've reported that insane battle in New York awhile back, Kitten. This is a field trip for me." Lois says as she swerves her van to avoid traffic while following the two super-powered beings towards the abandoned ACME warehouse.

_

Lois and Kitty entered the building. They can hear the sounds of an intense battle, "We're not too far. Once we're at the battlezone start rolling"

"Will do" Kitty said

They made it up to the fifth level of the building, which just so happens to be the office section. The reporters hid behind a cubicle the moment they've entered the area.

"I thought I recognize you. Aren't you that Human-Spider fella?"

Lois grimaced, "So the web-crawler just so happens to be a member of that fake wrestling organization?"

"Not fake. It's actually the first wrestling organization where wins and losses aren't predetermined." Kitty Pryde pointed out. "Plus he was popular with the kid demographic"

Lois raised an eyebrow

"Everyone has their guilty pleasure ma'am. Mine's that" Kitty says

"There is no guilt in what you enjoy Kitten" Lois signals her to start filming.

https://i.imgur.com/l25mO0B.jpg

:D

"Oh really? Big wrestling fan, hornhead?"

Rhino swung the copy machine down on him only for Spider-Man to dodge it. The machine was broken to pieces and Rhino swiped with his other arm instead only for Spider-Man to jump on top of it and then on top of Rhino.

"It has its moments. Plus, I am big fan of spear move." He grabbed at Spider-Man only for him to jump off of him and kick him in the face again. Rhino recovered however and lowered his head. "Your match was quite enjoyable. Why switch from wrestling to hero though? There's less money and..." Rhino ran towards him at full speed. "Is much more painful!"

Spider-Man jumped over him. "I'm not sure if you'd get Rhiny, but with great power..." Spider-Man sprung over him into the air. "There must also come great responsibility!"

"I get it. But great power also gives great pain!" Rhino shouted as he suddenly stopped running and turned around and leaped into the air after Spider-Man with super strong legs and his lead lowered. Spider-Man turned back around, attached a web to him and yanked himself towards Rhino and raised his fist.

"Oh maaan this is gold." Kitty beamed as Rhino and Spider-Man leaped in for the dramatic final clash! Spider-Man pulled himself forward by his webline and pulled himself towards the giant rhino. Rhino timed it juuuust right and then struck forward with an insanely powerful haymaker that would have splattered anyone else but Spider-Man flipped in the air, grabbed his hand, flipped forward along his arm, got on his back, jumped back, thwipped out a webline on his back, yanked himself forward and drove a powerpacked punch to the back of his head! The result was a loud BOOOOMING noise that echoed off of the walls of the warehouse and sent Rhino crashing down to the floor hard enough to shake the warehouse! Kitty and Lois stumbled but they were able to find their footing.

"Did you get that? Did you get that?"

"Oh yeah. I got it. See? Still got the camera!"

"That's my girl."

They looked back to the fight to see The Rhino was still getting up, albeit unsteadily and shaking now. Spider-Man leaped over him, landed on his feet, kicked out Rhino's footing and delivered a powerpacked Spider-Uppercut that sent Rhino flying into an upper wall! Rhino crashed into the wall, cracked it and dropped to the ground.

Spider-Man walked over to him and crouched down in front of Rhino and tilted his head. "So? How you feeling, Rhiny? Want to go some more?"

Rhino chuckled. "Da. õîðîøèé áîé. I win next time, bugman, but now..." He nodded off. "The Rhino sleeps." Spider-Man caught Rhino as he passed out and then lowered him to the floor. Finally, Spider-Man sat down on him and took a breather. "Friday...contact SHIELD. Tell them...they're gonna need an extra large transport."

"You got all that, right?" Lois asked.

"Loud and clear, ma'am. Should we interview him? I mean he looks pretty tired."

"That's even better. It'll show the public that he's human rather than a God Among The People" Lois reasoned, she sees Spider-Man getting up after his few minute's worths of a breather. She signal's Kitty to follow her with her camera ready.

When the Broken Masquerade occurred in Spider-Man's life there must have been several reporters that wanted to take advantage of the opportunity. But Lois had enough class to not hound a kid just for the sake of a story. She knew the boy behind Spider-Man had it bad enough as is. This is why she wants the public to know the hero behind the real identity. Show that there's more to Spider-Man than the smear campaign that JJ's producing.

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

"That's even better. It'll show the public that he's human rather than a God Among The People" Lois reasoned, she sees Spider-Man getting up after his few minute's worths of a breather. She signal's Kitty to follow her with her camera ready.

When the Broken Masquerade occurred in Spider-Man's life there must have been several reporters that wanted to take advantage of the opportunity. But Lois had enough class to not hound a kid just for the sake of a story. She knew the boy behind Spider-Man had it bad enough as is. This is why she wants the public to know the hero behind the real identity. Show that there's more to Spider-Man than the smear campaign that JJ's producing.

The Spider Sense went off and Spider-Man looked up at the two lady reporters and then he backflipped from a sitting position to sitting on the wall. "Well hello there! Welcome to another episode of Rhino Wrangling! Starring Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man! Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Nice intro Spider-Man. My name is Lois Lane. Talent Agent And Professional Reporter. This is my ever faithful and fearless Katherine Pryde."

"Please, call me Kitty!"

"Mr. Spider-Man, I assume you're more comfortable being called by your Superhero Alter-Ego when in costume, we would like to get the real story of what happened here today from your own lips. We want to know the man behind the mask. While yes, people know who you are, we want to know who YOU are. Who you really are at the end of the day? Who is the brave young man who risks life and limb to defend total strangers after everything? Help us help you tell your story, Spider-Man."

He didn't fully show it but bit by bit that Friendly Neighborhood Persona gradually starts to fade. It's hard to tell by the mask but beneath it lies a very haunted individual.

"I've been asking myself that same question ever since I've first put on the suit. Why do I do what I do? From personal experience, it's not the most glamorous lifestyle in the world. With the neverending possibility that you might not live to see tomorrow or witnessing your close friends dying. Or trying to protect someone you care about. I'd get anxious just thinking about it."

"Then why do you do it, what drives you?" Lois asked Spider-Man

Spider-Man took a moment to collect himself before answering the question. "Because somebody has to save those who won't always have another superhero that will protect them. Ensure that they'd live to see the next day."

Note: This was the influence behind it.

This is also the part where you'd get to see just how must the previous events, plus being dusted and watching his fellow heroes die is starting to weigh him down. The issue with the MCU films is that you don't see this kind of character conflict. Compare that to the Marvel Netflix shows with heroes like Punisher dealing with PTSD or Jessica dealing with the trauma as a rape survivor or Matt having a crisis of faith. With the MCU it's showing all that drama and character conflict out the door just for the sake of a lazy joke.

He didn't fully show it but bit by bit that Friendly Neighborhood Persona gradually starts to fade. It's hard to tell by the mask but beneath it lies a very haunted individual.

"I've been asking myself that same question ever since I've first put on the suit. Why do I do what I do? From personal experience, it's not the most glamorous lifestyle in the world. With the neverending possibility that you might not live to see tomorrow or witnessing your close friends dying. Or trying to protect someone you care about. I'd get anxious just thinking about it."

"Then why do you do it, what drives you?" Lois asked Spider-Man

Spider-Man took a moment to collect himself before answering the question. "Because somebody has to save those who won't always have another superhero that will protect them. Ensure that they'd live to see the next day."

Note: This was the influence behind it.

This is also the part where you'd get to see just how must the previous events, plus being dusted and watching his fellow heroes die is starting to weigh him down. The issue with the MCU films is that you don't see this kind of character conflict. Compare that to the Marvel Netflix shows with heroes like Punisher dealing with PTSD or Jessica dealing with the trauma as a rape survivor or Matt having a crisis of faith. With the MCU it's showing all that drama and character conflict out the door just for the sake of a lazy joke.

"I can only imagine how much hardship you have faced. We have read up on your history but that wouldn't even compare to the adversity you have faced on a day to day basis. I'm aware that some of our heroes were lost undoing The Blip and fending off the subsequent alien invasion. I don't know the specific details and we won't needle you for them today but I just want you to know that you do have people supporting you. People who are proud of you. People who are thankful for your efforts. I know that it's hard on you, I can see the wear and tear in your eyes even through your mask, but are a hero Spider-Man. Rest assured, we are grateful for all that you do."

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

8-)

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"I can only imagine how much hardship you have faced. We have read up on your history but that wouldn't even compare to the adversity you have faced on a day to day basis. I'm aware that some of our heroes were lost undoing The Blip and fending off the subsequent alien invasion. I don't know the specific details and we won't needle you for them today but I just want you to know that you do have people supporting you. People who are proud of you. People who are thankful for your efforts. I know that it's hard on you, I can see the wear and tear in your eyes even through your mask, but are a hero Spider-Man. Rest assured, we are grateful for all that you do."

"Nice to have some fans."

"You're welcome. Are you ready to continue?"

"Sure. What's your next question?"

"What exactly is your webbing made out of? Is it organic?"

Spider-Man laughed. "It's artificial. Trust me, I was surprised as you are that I didn't get webbing powers but that might be for the best considering where real webbing comes from." He joked and sprung off of the wall, flipped in the air, shot a web up at the ceiling, caught on it and then hung upside down and waved to them. "It's all science! A little something I whipped up with a home chemistry set! Of course, the formula will have to remain top secret but it's stronger than steel and it can last for up to an hour before it dissolves."

"Is it a shear-thinning liquid?" Kitty asked. "I'm spitballing here but on contact with air, the long-chain polymer knits would form an extremely tough, flexible fiber with extraordinary adhesive properties. The web fluid's adhesive quality diminishes rapidly with exposure to air. After approximately 1 hour, certain imbibed esters cause the solid form of the web fluid to dissolve into a powder. However, given your previously limited access to industrial chemicals and the complex appliances used in top-level laboratories, it has to be very easy to mix and made out of relatively common materials. I would suspect we’re not exactly talking about household chemicals that you can buy at the local hardware store, but a formula that requires something a bit odd. Something that requires mixing some unexpected items. For example, you might pick up the adhesives from a carpet or tiling installer. Your webs show some sort of inflation capacity, so they probably use some sort of foaming agent applied to them as the string exits its storage cartridge. There’s also some sort of base item that makes the web stringy, so maybe some sort of pulp or microfiber? Lastly, you would need a way to pressurize it so it accelerates as it exits, so you would need equipment (and chemicals) to do that, too...."

Kitty trailed off and then looked up to see Spider-Man and Lois both looking at her in amazement. "Sorry, I'm rambling. Science is a hobby of mine."

Spider-Man actually dropped down from the web, landed on his feet and applauded Kitty alongside Lois. "Don't ever be sorry! You're incredibly smart and you should cherish and hone your talents. Remember, Doctor Otto Octavius said that intelligence is a gift to be used for all mankind."

'Oh, man. The Doc just got a quote from Lois! That would be a huge confidence booster for anyone, can't wait to tell him that when I get back to the labs' Spider-Man smiled behind his mask. "I'm sure the good Doc would appreciate that quote. He has always been a fan of yours"

Note:
YUP! Personally speaking, I felt that using the Doc Ock arc from the game into here is a genuinely good call. Yes the Spider-Man 2 version in NWH was a nice yarn but I felt that it ruined his final redemption at the end of that movie. Establishing Doc Ock as a mentor figure here is a better option.

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

'Oh, man. The Doc just got a quote from Lois! That would be a huge confidence booster for anyone, can't wait to tell him that when I get back to the labs' Spider-Man smiled behind his mask. "I'm sure the good Doc would appreciate that quote. He has always been a fan of yours"

Note: YUP! Personally speaking, I felt that using the Doc Ock arc from the game into here is a genuinely good call. Yes the Spider-Man 2 version in NWH was a nice yarn but I felt that it ruined his final redemption at the end of that movie. Establishing Doc Ock as a mentor figure here is a better option.

"Oh thank you! He really is a genius isn't he? His work with nuclear physics has been revolutionizing the entire field. You can let him know I'm a fan of his work too."

"Have you considered teaming up with him?" Kitty asked Spider-Man. "Two geniuses are better than one."

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"Oh thank you! He really is a genius isn't he? His work with nuclear physics has been revolutionizing the entire field. You can let him know I'm a fan of his work too."

"Have you considered teaming up with him?" Kitty asked Spider-Man. "Two geniuses are better than one."

"I have considered it but with my identity being outed by Quentin Beck like it has been, I'm worried that I'd be putting a target on him and everyone else there." Spider-Man sighed. "My friends have been split for that same reason and my only remaining family has to live secured in a tower with heavy security. Because I trusted the wrong man. I can't make that mistake again." He explained. "Otto Octavius is an absolute genius who can change the world with his inventions. I cannot in good conscience put a great man like in danger."

"You're a good man, Spider-Man, and a very strong one. I understand your reasoning and your sense of responsibility. Your dedication and love towards protecting not just your loved ones but everyone else around you is inspiring. But if I may interject? No man is an island. Isolating yourself from human connections is just going to hurt you even worse in the long run." Lois told him gently.

"Hey don't get me wrong, I completely get where you're coming from, but I also have to take people's safety into account. If I know for certain that the bad guys are going to keep coming after me for constantly foiling them then the responsible thing to do is to take said conflict on my own shoulders while keeping them away from other people." Spider-Man reasoned. "Besides, I do have a support network. Their identities are going to need to be private of course but thank you for your concern."

"You're welcome. You're very noble Spider-Man." Lois complimented.

"Back at'cha. So what's your next question?"

As the interview continued on a police motorcycle roared up with a car in hot pursuit. The driver of the motorcycle took off her helmet, placed it on the bike and ran inside with backup right behind her. She raced inside and up the stairs towards the upper floor where she opened up the door and stepped inside. "NYPD! Nobody Mo-" She paused as she saw the two reporters chatting it up with Spider-Man who was standing next to the webbed up Rhino man.

https://i.postimg.cc/rpCvzpqK/tumblr-c56e108611f797ed98962eb1d3936432-aaebf7f6-1280.png

"Oh. I see you already have it all taken care of, webhead." She put the safety back on her gun and holstered it.

"Hello again Officer Watanabe." Spider-Man greeted her.

"Hello yourself Spider-Man." Yuri greeted him. "So I take it the situation's been resolved?"

"Yep. Hornhead's currently off in dream land. SHIELD's en route already and they'll be here soon to pick him up." His voice suddenly turned gruff. "All thanks to your favorite tough but lovable seen-too-much detective friend on the force!"

Yuri's eyes widened and she raised her hand. "What? No. No, no, no, no! You promised you wouldn't do that any—!"

"Spider-Cop!"

"...Please, no."

"The chief never did understand Spider-Cop. Thought he was a loose cannon."

"You promised you would keep things professional." She reminded Spider-Man.

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"I have considered it but with my identity being outed by Quentin Beck like it has been, I'm worried that I'd be putting a target on him and everyone else there." Spider-Man sighed. "My friends have been split for that same reason and my only remaining family has to live secured in a tower with heavy security. Because I trusted the wrong man. I can't make that mistake again." He explained. "Otto Octavius is an absolute genius who can change the world with his inventions. I cannot in good conscience put a great man like in danger."

"You're a good man, Spider-Man, and a very strong one. I understand your reasoning and your sense of responsibility. Your dedication and love towards protecting not just your loved ones but everyone else around you is inspiring. But if I may interject? No man is an island. Isolating yourself from human connections is just going to hurt you even worse in the long run." Lois told him gently.

"Hey don't get me wrong, I completely get where you're coming from, but I also have to take people's safety into account. If I know for certain that the bad guys are going to keep coming after me for constantly foiling them then the responsible thing to do is to take said conflict on my own shoulders while keeping them away from other people." Spider-Man reasoned. "Besides, I do have a support network. Their identities are going to need to be private of course but thank you for your concern."

"You're welcome. You're very noble Spider-Man." Lois complimented.

"Back at'cha. So what's your next question?"

As the interview continued on a police motorcycle roared up with a car in hot pursuit. The driver of the motorcycle took off her helmet, placed it on the bike and ran inside with backup right behind her. She raced inside and up the stairs towards the upper floor where she opened up the door and stepped inside. "NYPD! Nobody Mo-" She paused as she saw the two reporters chatting it up with Spider-Man who was standing next to the webbed up Rhino man.

"Oh. I see you already have it all taken care of, webhead." She put the safety back on her gun and holstered it.

"Hello again Officer Watanabe." Spider-Man greeted her.

"Hello yourself Spider-Man." Yuri greeted him. "So I take it the situation's been resolved?"

"Yep. Hornhead's currently off in dream land. SHIELD's en route already and they'll be here soon to pick him up." His voice suddenly turned gruff. "All thanks to your favorite tough but lovable seen-too-much detective friend on the force!"

Yuri's eyes widened and she raised her hand. "What? No. No, no, no, no! You promised you wouldn't do that any—!"

"Spider-Cop!"

"...Please, no."

"The chief never did understand Spider-Cop. Thought he was a loose cannon."

"You promised you would keep things professional." She reminded Spider-Man.

"Admit it officer. Rolls right off the tongue!. Already have a t-shirt concept in mind" Spider-Man teased

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

"Admit it officer. Rolls right off the tongue!. Already have a t-shirt concept in mind" Spider-Man teased

"We'll have to get you hired before I can call you that." Her smile returned. "Anyway. I saw some SHIELD Carriers overhead while I was riding in so I guess hornhead here will be taken care of soon." Yuri looked down at the groaning Rhino. "Where do these guys come from anyway?"

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"We'll have to get you hired before I can call you that." Her smile returned. "Anyway. I saw some SHIELD Carriers overhead while I was riding in so I guess hornhead here will be taken care of soon." Yuri looked down at the groaning Rhino. "Where do these guys come from anyway?"

"Not a day goes by that I haven't asked myself the same question." Spider-Man quipped and picked up Rhino, wincing in pain beneath his mask from the body blow he'd received earlier, and saluted. "Good day ladies! Keep up the awesome work! Miss Lane, Miss Pryde, thank you for your words of encouragement. I really needed that today." He waved goodbye and swung outside where a SHIELD Carrier was landing and he set down Rhino and gave him a few more fresh webs to keep him restrained. Spider-Man dropped off Rhino, waved to the agents and swung away to go take a break while his injury healed up.

Spider-Man landed on a rooftop and part of his suit retracted while he sprayed webs around his body to act as a cast before he put his suit back down. Spider-Man sat down on the roof. "Whooo man! Where on Earth do these guys come from? Is there a Super-Villain Convention or something?"

'Sorry, unfortunately we have no data on that.' Karen informed Spider-Man.

Peter smiled. "It's okay we can keep looking."

'For what it's worth I think you handled that fight very well.'

"Thanks. He got me good but honestly, sometimes you just need to punch a big bad guy."

'I'm glad to see you're perking up. Don't worry about your injuries though. Your body should heal up within the hour.'

"Good to know. So what's next?"

'You have an incoming call from Mr. Leeds.'

"Sure patch him through. Hello, this is your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and you're on The Web With The Webhead!"

"Hi Peter. How are you holding up?" Ned asked him.

"I just fought a giant Rhino Monster. How about you?"

"Man you always get the cool stuff. Florida's just so boring compared to New York."

"It's safer though." Spider-Man reminded him.

"Yeah but it's harder to help you from here." Ned replied. "I do have something though."

"What do you got?"

"I think this happened while you were fighting The Rhino. Which, by the way, you have got to tell me about that later, but getting back on topic: A seven foot tall fat guy just stopped an armored truck and then he and a frog kid beat up the drivers and another superpowered guy. Turns out the truck drivers were bank robbers."

"Okay." Spider-Man slowly blew out his breath. "Was it uploaded to the internet?"

"Oh yeah. A whole lot of people were filming the crash and the fight. Look up: Nothing Moves The Blob."

"Alrighty. Go for it Karen!"

Karen searched for the videos, found one and then played the video in Spider-Man's Suit HUD.
The Biggest Man Around! Nothing Moves The Blob!

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"Not a day goes by that I haven't asked myself the same question." Spider-Man quipped and picked up Rhino, wincing in pain beneath his mask from the body blow he'd received earlier, and saluted. "Good day ladies! Keep up the awesome work! Miss Lane, Miss Pryde, thank you for your words of encouragement. I really needed that today." He waved goodbye and swung outside where a SHIELD Carrier was landing and he set down Rhino and gave him a few more fresh webs to keep him restrained. Spider-Man dropped off Rhino, waved to the agents and swung away to go take a break while his injury healed up.

Spider-Man landed on a rooftop and part of his suit retracted while he sprayed webs around his body to act as a cast before he put his suit back down. Spider-Man sat down on the roof. "Whooo man! Where on Earth do these guys come from? Is there a Super-Villain Convention or something?"

'Sorry, unfortunately we have no data on that.' Karen informed Spider-Man.

Peter smiled. "It's okay we can keep looking."

'For what it's worth I think you handled that fight very well.'

"Thanks. He got me good but honestly, sometimes you just need to punch a big bad guy."

'I'm glad to see you're perking up. Don't worry about your injuries though. Your body should heal up within the hour.'

"Good to know. So what's next?"

'You have an incoming call from Mr. Leeds.'

"Sure patch him through. Hello, this is your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and you're on The Web With The Webhead!"

"Hi Peter. How are you holding up?" Ned asked him.

"I just fought a giant Rhino Monster. How about you?"

"Man you always get the cool stuff. Florida's just so boring compared to New York."

"It's safer though." Spider-Man reminded him.

"Yeah but it's harder to help you from here." Ned replied. "I do have something though."

"What do you got?"

"I think this happened while you were fighting The Rhino. Which, by the way, you have got to tell me about that later, but getting back on topic: A seven foot tall fat guy just stopped an armored truck and then he and a frog kid beat up the drivers and another superpowered guy. Turns out the truck drivers were bank robbers."

"Okay." Spider-Man slowly blew out his breath. "Was it uploaded to the internet?"

"Oh yeah. A whole lot of people were filming the crash and the fight. Look up: Nothing Moves The Blob."

"Alrighty. Go for it Karen!"

Karen searched for the videos, found one and then played the video in Spider-Man's Suit HUD.
The Biggest Man Around! Nothing Moves The Blob!

'What would you like to do?"

"Investigate obviously. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some agents and police on the scene already anyway but this is definitely something that falls in my wheelhouse anyway. Besides, I already fought a Rhino. I should be able to handle a Blob if it comes to that." Spider-Man used the suit to reload his webbing and then sprung off the rooftop, performed four flips in the air, shot out a webline to a building and swung away. "I would also like to send a call to Aunt May. Let her know I'm alright. Mostly."

'Confirmed.'

May Parker meanwhile was in the middle of filing paper and entering data into the computer, she had insisted on making herself useful while staying there, when she received Peter's call. "Hello? Peter is that you? Are you safe?"

"Hi Aunt May!" Spider-Man greeted. "I'm doing fine. I just fought a giant Rhino man and now I'm off to investigate a super fight that just broke out."

"Wait, a Rhino Man? A giant Rhino caused all that destruction? Why was he a Rhino?"

"You know I don't think I asked that. I guess he just identifies with Rhinos. Not like I'm in a position to judge." Spider-Man joked as he continued swinging. "Anyway, I should be fine handling the current situation as well so you don't have to worry about me. I took a hit but it'll heal in no time." He looked down at the street to see two kids chasing after a ball that rolled into the street right into traffic! Spider-Man didnt't even hesitate before he swung down from the building and grabbed the two kids out of the way of the car and set them down on the sidewalk again.

"Hey you two: Always remember to look both ways before crossing the street and mind traffic." He reminded them.

"Yes Mr. Spider-Man." They replied.

"Stay Frosty!" He saluted and leaped back into the air and swung away.

"What was that?" Ned asked.

"Never a dull moment." Spider-Man laughed.

"Oh hey is that Ned? Hi Ned! How's Florida?"

"Not nearly as exciting as New York was Miss Parker. I miss you guys."

"Back at you man." Spider-Man assured him.

He continued swinging across the city until he arrived on the scene. "Hey I'm here so I'm going to let you both go now while I investigate it and talk to this Blob kid."

"Alright Peter. Just stay safe alright? I love you kiddo."

"Love you too, Aunt May."

"Me too Miss Parker."

"Ned."

"Hanging up, bro. Stay Frosty."

"Stay cool and have fun, bro." Spider-Man replied and hung up. He attached himself to the side of a building and zoomed in with the lenses of his suit.

"Damn. That's an armored truck alright. Barreling down the street at the speed that it did with that much weight would've carried a ton of force on impact and this Blob kid just stopped it with his stomach?" Spider-Man ran a hand over his mask. "This kid could be as tough as Rhino." He looked over at the battered thugs most of whom were covered in goop and being lead away by SHIELD Agents. "And just on what on Earth is that? According to the video that Toad kid made it in his mouth and spat it out. Let's see now...

(Slime is a unique play material composed of a cross-linked polymer. It is classified as a liquid and is typically made by combining polyvinyl alcohol solutions with borate ions in a large mixing container. It often has an unpleasant odor, a green color, and is cold and slimy to the touch. In scientific terms, slime is classified as a non-Newtonian fluid. These are thick liquids that have a variable viscosity. Viscosity is a measurement of the resistance to flow when a shearing force is applied. Newtonian fluids have a constant viscosity depending on their composition. For example, water is always a thin liquid with a low viscosity. Molasses is thick and has a high viscosity. Non-Newtonian fluids, like slime, have a different viscosity based on the amount of force put on them. If a small amount of force is applied, such as stirring them slowly with your fingers, they feel thin and water-like. If a high force is applied, like throwing it against a wall, the resistance is very strong. They are called non-Newtonian fluids because they do not behave as predicted by Newton's laws. Other materials that also behave like this include ketchup, gelatin, glue, and quicksand. The molecular structure of slime is the factor responsible for its interesting behavior. Toy slime is typically composed of tangled, long-chain polymer molecules. These polymer molecules can be thought of as spaghetti strands. When put together on a plate, the strands are mixed together making a tangled mess. If the strands are rubbed together, they line up and become smoother. This motion gives the mass its slimy, slippery feel. While the intermixing of the polymer strands will give some built-in viscosity, a cross-linking agent is also present in slime to give it the non-Newtonian fluid behavior. Cross-linking agents are ions that help temporarily connect polymer strands with relatively weak ionic bonds. These bonds are strong enough to hold the polymer strands together but not strong enough to make the mass a solid.)
Read more: http://www.madehow.com/Volume-6/Slime.h … z7EDjE0MSQ

"In other words, this Toad kid can create it all in his body in a way that it sticks to and immobilizes his targets on contact. That's crazy. I wouldn't mind takign some samples back to my chemistry lab."

H looked down at one of the more battered thugs. "That one must be the Boogie-Man. Upon detecting the emotion of fear in the area he's able to energize his body and increase his body's density and strength and speed temporarily. Fascinating if a bit creepy. As strong as he was with all of the fear energy in the area, Blob still thrashed him. That's insane." He zoomed out and scanned the area until he found where Blob and Toad were holding up while being questioned by Agents.

He swung over to the building, attached to it and lowered himself down on a web-line to listen in. Spider-Man looked through the windows and quickly spotted Blob and Toad. They were easy to find after all. Spider-Man was initially taken aback by just how HUGE Blob was. He was definitely a giant. Standing at least seven foot ten if not more and somewhere in the excess of 600+ lbs. Despite the earlier super brawl and truck stop he didn't have a scratch on him. The other one, The Toad, was much smaller, around the same height as Peter himself, and green and warty and somewhat slimy. The explained his power. 

They were currently seated in a restaurant at either sides of a table with a large tray of food. Apparently after the fight they went to get a bite to eat and just hung out together until SHIELD showed up to clear up the situation.

Which of course brings us to the Agent currently questioning them. The moment Spider-Man saw her his Spider-Sense buzzed a light warning and with good reason. The Agent assigned to question the two young superhumans and was currently doing so completely nonplussed by either one of them was...Melinda Qiaolian May. The Cavalry Herself.

https://i.postimg.cc/Wb7Brvx0/029d922f98c82e92dd957025ffe1f63b.jpg

A Veteran SHIELD Agent who was on the same level as the Late Great Legendary Black Widow!* Despite the evidence and video taped examples of the powers of the two, May was completely deadpan and acting as if she was questioning two average joes. She suddenly turned around looked Spider-Man in the eyes of his mask. "You can come inside you know. You don't have to eavesdrop, webhead."

And lest we forget! The Widow was a fighting machine!

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

'What would you like to do?"

"Investigate obviously. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some agents and police on the scene already anyway but this is definitely something that falls in my wheelhouse anyway. Besides, I already fought a Rhino. I should be able to handle a Blob if it comes to that." Spider-Man used the suit to reload his webbing and then sprung off the rooftop, performed four flips in the air, shot out a webline to a building and swung away. "I would also like to send a call to Aunt May. Let her know I'm alright. Mostly."

'Confirmed.'

May Parker meanwhile was in the middle of filing paper and entering data into the computer, she had insisted on making herself useful while staying there, when she received Peter's call. "Hello? Peter is that you? Are you safe?"

"Hi Aunt May!" Spider-Man greeted. "I'm doing fine. I just fought a giant Rhino man and now I'm off to investigate a super fight that just broke out."

"Wait, a Rhino Man? A giant Rhino caused all that destruction? Why was he a Rhino?"

"You know I don't think I asked that. I guess he just identifies with Rhinos. Not like I'm in a position to judge." Spider-Man joked as he continued swinging. "Anyway, I should be fine handling the current situation as well so you don't have to worry about me. I took a hit but it'll heal in no time." He looked down at the street to see two kids chasing after a ball that rolled into the street right into traffic! Spider-Man didnt't even hesitate before he swung down from the building and grabbed the two kids out of the way of the car and set them down on the sidewalk again.

"Hey you two: Always remember to look both ways before crossing the street and mind traffic." He reminded them.

"Yes Mr. Spider-Man." They replied.

"Stay Frosty!" He saluted and leaped back into the air and swung away.

"What was that?" Ned asked.

"Never a dull moment." Spider-Man laughed.

"Oh hey is that Ned? Hi Ned! How's Florida?"

"Not nearly as exciting as New York was Miss Parker. I miss you guys."

"Back at you man." Spider-Man assured him.

He continued swinging across the city until he arrived on the scene. "Hey I'm here so I'm going to let you both go now while I investigate it and talk to this Blob kid."

"Alright Peter. Just stay safe alright? I love you kiddo."

"Love you too, Aunt May."

"Me too Miss Parker."

"Ned."

"Hanging up, bro. Stay Frosty."

"Stay cool and have fun, bro." Spider-Man replied and hung up. He attached himself to the side of a building and zoomed in with the lenses of his suit.

"Damn. That's an armored truck alright. Barreling down the street at the speed that it did with that much weight would've carried a ton of force on impact and this Blob kid just stopped it with his stomach?" Spider-Man ran a hand over his mask. "This kid could be as tough as Rhino." He looked over at the battered thugs most of whom were covered in goop and being lead away by SHIELD Agents. "And just on what on Earth is that? According to the video that Toad kid made it in his mouth and spat it out. Let's see now...

(Slime is a unique play material composed of a cross-linked polymer. It is classified as a liquid and is typically made by combining polyvinyl alcohol solutions with borate ions in a large mixing container. It often has an unpleasant odor, a green color, and is cold and slimy to the touch. In scientific terms, slime is classified as a non-Newtonian fluid. These are thick liquids that have a variable viscosity. Viscosity is a measurement of the resistance to flow when a shearing force is applied. Newtonian fluids have a constant viscosity depending on their composition. For example, water is always a thin liquid with a low viscosity. Molasses is thick and has a high viscosity. Non-Newtonian fluids, like slime, have a different viscosity based on the amount of force put on them. If a small amount of force is applied, such as stirring them slowly with your fingers, they feel thin and water-like. If a high force is applied, like throwing it against a wall, the resistance is very strong. They are called non-Newtonian fluids because they do not behave as predicted by Newton's laws. Other materials that also behave like this include ketchup, gelatin, glue, and quicksand. The molecular structure of slime is the factor responsible for its interesting behavior. Toy slime is typically composed of tangled, long-chain polymer molecules. These polymer molecules can be thought of as spaghetti strands. When put together on a plate, the strands are mixed together making a tangled mess. If the strands are rubbed together, they line up and become smoother. This motion gives the mass its slimy, slippery feel. While the intermixing of the polymer strands will give some built-in viscosity, a cross-linking agent is also present in slime to give it the non-Newtonian fluid behavior. Cross-linking agents are ions that help temporarily connect polymer strands with relatively weak ionic bonds. These bonds are strong enough to hold the polymer strands together but not strong enough to make the mass a solid.)
Read more: http://www.madehow.com/Volume-6/Slime.h … z7EDjE0MSQ

"In other words, this Toad kid can create it all in his body in a way that it sticks to and immobilizes his targets on contact. That's crazy. I wouldn't mind takign some samples back to my chemistry lab."

H looked down at one of the more battered thugs. "That one must be the Boogie-Man. Upon detecting the emotion of fear in the area he's able to energize his body and increase his body's density and strength and speed temporarily. Fascinating if a bit creepy. As strong as he was with all of the fear energy in the area, Blob still thrashed him. That's insane." He zoomed out and scanned the area until he found where Blob and Toad were holding up while being questioned by Agents.

He swung over to the building, attached to it and lowered himself down on a web-line to listen in. Spider-Man looked through the windows and quickly spotted Blob and Toad. They were easy to find after all. Spider-Man was initially taken aback by just how HUGE Blob was. He was definitely a giant. Standing at least seven foot ten if not more and somewhere in the excess of 600+ lbs. Despite the earlier super brawl and truck stop he didn't have a scratch on him. The other one, The Toad, was much smaller, around the same height as Peter himself, and green and warty and somewhat slimy. The explained his power. 

They were currently seated in a restaurant at either sides of a table with a large tray of food. Apparently after the fight they went to get a bite to eat and just hung out together until SHIELD showed up to clear up the situation.

Which of course brings us to the Agent currently questioning them. The moment Spider-Man saw her his Spider-Sense buzzed a light warning and with good reason. The Agent assigned to question the two young superhumans and was currently doing so completely nonplussed by either one of them was...Melinda Qiaolian May. The Cavalry Herself.

A Veteran SHIELD Agent who was on the same level as the Late Great Legendary Black Widow!* Despite the evidence and video taped examples of the powers of the two, May was completely deadpan and acting as if she was questioning two average joes. She suddenly turned around looked Spider-Man in the eyes of his mask. "You can come inside you know. You don't have to eavesdrop, webhead."

And lest we forget! The Widow was a fighting machine!

"Woooaaahhh...no way man. No freaking way!" Fred stood up and slid the table forward a bit while Toddi hopped on top of it and looked over at Spider-Man. "No freaking way! You're Peter Parker aren't you? You're Spider-Man!" The giant teenager exclaimed.

Peter looked up at him. He was definitely huge. He was nearly as tall as Rhino, it was hard to tell the difference, and probably around the same weight as Rhino and his suit just on his own. Fortunately, Peter was getting used to meeting giants by this point. Thanos, Hulk, The Axe Alien, Giant Man, Rhino and now this guy. He might've been starting to get used to it but he still hand to wonder...was being a giant the new thing and Peter just didn't get the memo? On top of that this guy was definitely the strangest looking. Every other giant he'd met was like a walking talking slab of muscle. This guy looked like a huge mountain of human jelly and Play-Doh.

Bright side though, his Spider-Sense wasn't giving him anything more than a slight buzz, basically telling him to be wary of the giant towering over him, so he offered his hand. "Just Spider-Man is fine, big man." He greeted respectfully. Fred beamed and shook it. His giant hand and fingers completely enclosed Peter's and Peter could immediately get a feel for how insanely strong this guy must be. As if the wrecked truck outside wasn't enough of a hint right?

"Oh this is so cool. Well, I'm Fred, Fred Dukes, and this is my homie."

"Toddi Tonybee. My friend calls me Toad." He introduced himself by leaping up onto Fred's shoulder and then over Spider-Man and onto a booth where he offered his hand. It was easy to see why too. This kid looked like a human frog or a toad. Green warty skin and all complete with some slime. He seemed to be an okay guy though so Spider-Man laughed and shook it.

"Nice moves man."

"Ha-ha, thanks. I practice a lot but still, that means a lot coming from one of the Avengers." Toad complimented Spidey.

"Ah I'm not that famous. I'm just your average ordinary guy with Spider Powers."

"Does that mean your webs are organic?" Fred asked him.

"Nah it's all science. The exact science of it all would take forever to explain but it all really boils down to chemistry."

"Called it." Fred chuckled.

"You got lucky." Toad replied.

"So, ah, what exactly happened out there with those guys?" Spider-Man asked Fred and Toddi.

"Ahhhh man it was crazy. See, we were coming back from watching the wrestling match, right?" Toad leaped back up onto Fred's shoulder and they began explaining the entire thing. From Fred pulverizing the truck to the fight with the bank robbers afterword.

May the epic team-up commence! :flag:

Once again kiddies. None of that magic amnesia BS in this story. As far as Doctor Strange goes he's dealing with cosmic-related stuff.

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

May the epic team-up commence! 

Once again kiddies. None of that magic amnesia BS in this story. As far as Doctor Strange goes he's dealing with cosmic-related stuff.

Hell yeah man!

Ohhh don't worry about Strange. He has plenty of things to keep him busy.

There are way scarier things out there than Thanos.  :glasses:

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"Woooaaahhh...no way man. No freaking way!" Fred stood up and slid the table forward a bit while Toddi hopped on top of it and looked over at Spider-Man. "No freaking way! You're Peter Parker aren't you? You're Spider-Man!" The giant teenager exclaimed.

Peter looked up at him. He was definitely huge. He was nearly as tall as Rhino, it was hard to tell the difference, and probably around the same weight as Rhino and his suit just on his own. Fortunately, Peter was getting used to meeting giants by this point. Thanos, Hulk, The Axe Alien, Giant Man, Rhino and now this guy. He might've been starting to get used to it but he still hand to wonder...was being a giant the new thing and Peter just didn't get the memo? On top of that this guy was definitely the strangest looking. Every other giant he'd met was like a walking talking slab of muscle. This guy looked like a huge mountain of human jelly and Play-Doh.

Bright side though, his Spider-Sense wasn't giving him anything more than a slight buzz, basically telling him to be wary of the giant towering over him, so he offered his hand. "Just Spider-Man is fine, big man." He greeted respectfully. Fred beamed and shook it. His giant hand and fingers completely enclosed Peter's and Peter could immediately get a feel for how insanely strong this guy must be. As if the wrecked truck outside wasn't enough of a hint right?

"Oh this is so cool. Well, I'm Fred, Fred Dukes, and this is my homie."

"Toddi Tonybee. My friend calls me Toad." He introduced himself by leaping up onto Fred's shoulder and then over Spider-Man and onto a booth where he offered his hand. It was easy to see why too. This kid looked like a human frog or a toad. Green warty skin and all complete with some slime. He seemed to be an okay guy though so Spider-Man laughed and shook it.

"Nice moves man."

"Ha-ha, thanks. I practice a lot but still, that means a lot coming from one of the Avengers." Toad complimented Spidey.

"Ah I'm not that famous. I'm just your average ordinary guy with Spider Powers."

"Does that mean your webs are organic?" Fred asked him.

"Nah it's all science. The exact science of it all would take forever to explain but it all really boils down to chemistry."

"Called it." Fred chuckled.

"You got lucky." Toad replied.

"So, ah, what exactly happened out there with those guys?" Spider-Man asked Fred and Toddi.

"Ahhhh man it was crazy. See, we were coming back from watching the wrestling match, right?" Toad leaped back up onto Fred's shoulder and they began explaining the entire thing. From Fred pulverizing the truck to the fight with the bank robbers afterword.

"Woah man that's a crazy story. I gotta admit you've got some real guts stepping in front of a speeding armored truck like that."

"Well I was a little nervous." Fred admitted. "But I was sure I could take it." He slapped his gut. "Takes a lot more than an out of control truck to hurt me."

"Which is exactly why we'd like you both to come with us." May informed them. "Nothing serious of course we just want to run a few tests and introduce you to a man whom we think could give you some proper training in developing your abilities. Rest assured, you will be well compensated for your time." She turned to look at Spider-Man. "You too Peter. There's something we need to discuss in private."

"Woah, hey okay, uh, is it alright if we make some calls first?" Fred asked.

"We're not in trouble are we?" Toddi questioned.

"Not at all. Rest assured this is a good thing. We think you two have potential and want to explore it. Go ahead and make your calls and pick up something to bring with you on the flight."

"Coool." Fred walked away with Toad on his back to make their calls and Spider-Man returned his attention to Melinda May.

"Okay. So, what do you want to talk about?"

"It's actually about this situation. I can explain better at the Facility but first I need you to do something, Peter. I need you to close your eyes and try to remember any time you've met or heard about born superhumans like these two outside of the Avengers. Anytime they've been on the news or been seen in public."

"Uhhh, alright." Peter closed his eyes behind his mask and thought about it hard. It should be easy right? Just think about all of the times he'd seen or heard about natrual born superhumans like these guys in the news. That should be obvious. Just think long and hard about it. Yep. All those public superhumans who weren't Avengers. Nice and easy. Nice and easy. Except...he couldn't. Peter tried and tried but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't remember any other Superhumans he'd met outside of the Avengers. Wanda? No, she was created with the stone. Mysterio? Vulture? No, they were guys in suits. Thor? Loki? No, they were Alien Gods. Captain America? No, Super Soldier Serum. Why couldn't he think of anyone? A big guy like Fred and that dude he fought outside alone would've made headlines before now and if they existed so would other natural supers so why couldn't he remember them? Any of them? Why? In fact, not only couldn't he remember them but he was starting to feel a headache creeping up on him!

Peter opened his eyes back up and rubbed his head. "I...can't."

Melinda May studied his reaction and the nodded her head. "You too huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"Let me guess you felt a headache as well?"

"Uh, yeah, but why? What happened?"

She put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I'll explain when we get to the facility. This...is going to be a bit complicated."

"What Facility?"

May smiled. "The Young Avengers Campus Facility For Gifted Students And Developing Superhumans."

"A Young Avengers Campus? Are you guys offering training now?"

"It's a joint venture to train up teams of developing superhumans and young geniuses to become the next great teams of superheroes. Just wait until you see some of the teachers we have lined up."

Fred and Toad returned with snacks and a giant shake in Fred's case. "All set and ready to go. Lead the way!"

"Right this way gentlemen." May signaled for a pair of Agents to lead them outside to a carrier while the bank robbers were being loaded into a separate one to take them to the Raft while the police gathered up the stolen cash to return it to the bank.

May followed closely behind with Spider-Man while they continued to talk. "I understand you're mostly a solo act now, and we respect your decisions, but the door is always open and we want you to see this whole thing in person. Besides which..." She leaned in close and whispered something in Peter's ear that caused his Spider-Sense to blare in his mind. "We think the Time Stone was involved in the rise of these new Supers."

https://i.postimg.cc/k5RQ2kz8/041f1a568fb86a8e8f76d6a30b55406a.jpg

SuperKamiGuy1 wrote:

"Woah man that's a crazy story. I gotta admit you've got some real guts stepping in front of a speeding armored truck like that."

"Well I was a little nervous." Fred admitted. "But I was sure I could take it." He slapped his gut. "Takes a lot more than an out of control truck to hurt me."

"Which is exactly why we'd like you both to come with us." May informed them. "Nothing serious of course we just want to run a few tests and introduce you to a man whom we think could give you some proper training in developing your abilities. Rest assured, you will be well compensated for your time." She turned to look at Spider-Man. "You too Peter. There's something we need to discuss in private."

"Woah, hey okay, uh, is it alright if we make some calls first?" Fred asked.

"We're not in trouble are we?" Toddi questioned.

"Not at all. Rest assured this is a good thing. We think you two have potential and want to explore it. Go ahead and make your calls and pick up something to bring with you on the flight."

"Coool." Fred walked away with Toad on his back to make their calls and Spider-Man returned his attention to Melinda May.

"Okay. So, what do you want to talk about?"

"It's actually about this situation. I can explain better at the Facility but first I need you to do something, Peter. I need you to close your eyes and try to remember any time you've met or heard about born superhumans like these two outside of the Avengers. Anytime they've been on the news or been seen in public."

"Uhhh, alright." Peter closed his eyes behind his mask and thought about it hard. It should be easy right? Just think about all of the times he'd seen or heard about natrual born superhumans like these guys in the news. That should be obvious. Just think long and hard about it. Yep. All those public superhumans who weren't Avengers. Nice and easy. Nice and easy. Except...he couldn't. Peter tried and tried but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't remember any other Superhumans he'd met outside of the Avengers. Wanda? No, she was created with the stone. Mysterio? Vulture? No, they were guys in suits. Thor? Loki? No, they were Alien Gods. Captain America? No, Super Soldier Serum. Why couldn't he think of anyone? A big guy like Fred and that dude he fought outside alone would've made headlines before now and if they existed so would other natural supers so why couldn't he remember them? Any of them? Why? In fact, not only couldn't he remember them but he was starting to feel a headache creeping up on him!

Peter opened his eyes back up and rubbed his head. "I...can't."

Melinda May studied his reaction and the nodded her head. "You too huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"Let me guess you felt a headache as well?"

"Uh, yeah, but why? What happened?"

She put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I'll explain when we get to the facility. This...is going to be a bit complicated."

"What Facility?"

May smiled. "The Young Avengers Campus Facility For Gifted Students And Developing Superhumans."

"A Young Avengers Campus? Are you guys offering training now?"

"It's a joint venture to train up teams of developing superhumans and young geniuses to become the next great teams of superheroes. Just wait until you see some of the teachers we have lined up."

Fred and Toad returned with snacks and a giant shake in Fred's case. "All set and ready to go. Lead the way!"

"Right this way gentlemen." May signaled for a pair of Agents to lead them outside to a carrier while the bank robbers were being loaded into a separate one to take them to the Raft while the police gathered up the stolen cash to return it to the bank.

May followed closely behind with Spider-Man while they continued to talk. "I understand you're mostly a solo act now, and we respect your decisions, but the door is always open and we want you to see this whole thing in person. Besides which..." She leaned in close and whispered something in Peter's ear that caused his Spider-Sense to blare in his mind. "We think the Time Stone was involved in the rise of these new Supers."

Spider-Man stopped in his steps and shuddered at the memory of everything the Stones caused.

“You’re strong. But I could snap my fingers, and you’d all cease to exist. It’s a small price to pay for salvation. With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist. I call that mercy."

Mr. Stark? I don’t feel so good…

You’re all right.

I don’t… I don’t know what’s happening. I don’t know… I don’t want to go. I don’t want to go, sir. Please. Please, I don’t want to go. I don’t want to go. I’m sorry.

“You’re strong. But I could snap my fingers, and you’d all cease to exist. It’s a small price to pay for salvation. With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist. I call that mercy."

"We Won, Mr. Stark. Mr. stark? Mr. Stark? Can you hear me? It's Peter. I..."

"You have my respect, Stark. When I'm done, half of humanity will still be alive. I hope they remember you."

"We got it Mr. stark. We won, Mr. Stark...we won! You got it sir..."

"I am...inevitable."

"I'm sorry....Tony"

Peter squeezed his eyes shut and forced his body to stop shaking by performing breathing exercises.

"Peter?" Agent May stopped and returned to his side. "Pete are you alright?"

"Fffff....hoooooo.....ffffff.....hooooooo." Peter breathed in and out and then slowly breathed in and out and then he slowly breathed in again and slowly blew it out. "I-I...yeah. I'm...I'm okay. I'm alright. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Hey. Hey it's alright. Listen you didn't do anything wrong. It was all him. He's gone now. It's okay Peter. It's alright." Agent May assured him.

"I...yeah. Yeah, it's alright. I'm okay. I'm alright. Come on lets go. I'll relax on the ride over." Spider-Man assured her and resumed walking to the carrier. "Stupid stones." He muttered to himself.

Fred, Toad and the Agents were waiting for them on the carrier. "You okay, Spider-Man?" Fred asked him.

"I'm alright. Just had a bit of a day." He waved it off. "But enough about that! Lets kick back and relax because you guys are about to ride in style!" He joked to reassure them and leaned back to relax while pondering these new revelations.

Agent May boarded the carrier and signaled for takeoff. The carriers closed up and lifted off and flew away.

The guards stampeded through the halls of Hammer Industries. Their weapons were at the ready. They were all trained and ready to engage their target. They were all heavily trained and entire levels above the old guards that had been hired on the cheap. The alarms might have been disabled but word had still had gotten to them and the moment that happened the security personnel of Hammer Industries loaded up and stormed the labs. They assembled outside the door, punched in the code to the labs and then one of them threw in a smoke bomb in an attempt to flush out the intruder before they put on their masks and ran inside and sweeped the room with the red lights on their guns. However the only sight to greet them was the sight of bruised, groaning and coughing scientists and guards in the room. They weren't dead but they were definitely going to need some time to recuperate. Most of the technology in the room was still intact but one thing was missing: One of their mass produced ARC Reactor Replicas.

Hammer Industries immediately went into lockdown but it was too late. A sultry shadow swung away from the building on a grappling hook and onto a rooftop. The shadow stood back up and turned around and took a sarcastic little bow towards Hammer Industries before it turned around and ran off, racing across the New York Rooftops to quickly traverse the city with catlike grace and fluidity with the most beautiful gymnastics. She jumped, leaped, flipped, slid and twirled around the rooftops, using the skyline as her playground like she was The Spider himself! A cute giggle escaped her lips as she jumped up to a pole, grabbed onto it, flipped and let go, flying through the air and landed on her feet and continued running until she found the alleyway and she leaped towards a roof, grabbed the ledge and then attached her grapple to it and lowered herself back down as far as it would go before she retracted it and then she leaped off of the wall and grabbed a fire escape as the grapple finished retracting and dropped dwon to the ground where she landed on all fours before standing back up and flipping her hair and taking a look around and then she walked into a phone booth, closed it and dialed 636-555-3472 before replacing the phone and waiting. The floor beneath her feet glowed and began lowering itself down with the woman on top before it closed itself back up.

The woman relaxed and rode the secret elevator down to the hidden lab floor as the entrance above her head closed back up. She walked out of the glass case over to the computer console and typed in the passcode: LIDDING65WALTZED06GODDESS. A voice rang out over an intercomm.

"The lion lands at midnight, Vivinio."

"A caramelized rose finish and \voluptuous decadent aftertaste are combined in the 2011 Syrah from Dubois Bros Vineyards." She replied and the heavy metal doors opened where a man wearing a blank faceless white mask wearing a red suit was waiting for her holding a heavy suitcase.

He's wearing a standard shirt and buttoned it up fully to support the graceful bow tie he's wearing. On top of the shirt he's wearing a chic vest with 6 buttons, it has a very narrow v-line, which allows for a large portion of the top to remain visible, even if the suit's jacket is buttoned up. The jacket was clearly made for him, it's a perfect fit. It has a smooth chalk stripe pattern which gives the suit a refined look. The 5 buttons of his single breasted jacket are all buttoned up with the exception of one, a subtle touch of nonchalance which works perfectly. The jacket is the same length all around, it has no vent, there's a single pocket on one side and there's a breast pocket which contains a stylish pocket square. He's wearing pants which copy the style of the jacket, both in color and pattern and they perfectly complement his shoes. He's wearing a fancy pair of spectator oxfords. To top it all off he's wearing a classic belt, which can be accompanied by gloves and a watch.

https://i.postimg.cc/tJXf1GFk/21759cd69404778467c4af3d6b445bd3.jpg

The woman knelt down and set down her bag and opened it up to reveal another bag which contained a case and when she opened it up she revealed one of the ARC Reactor Prototype Ripoffs that Hammer Industries had been working on. "What do you say, Chameleon, can I deliver or can't I?"

"Excellent work, Black Cat, my employer will be very pleased with your work. That's why..." Chameleon set down the suitcase and slid it over to her. She caught it and opened it up. "You'll be receiving twice the agreed upon payment."

Black Cat was, to put it mildly, beautiful. She had an amazing athletic figure with supermodel beauty who made perfect 10's weep with envy of her. She was clade in a black bodysuit which covered up the body armor underneath. The bodysuit had tufts of white 'fur' around her wrists, ankles and neck which complimented her snow white hair. Her hands and feet were covered up by white gloves and boots and her eyes were shielded by an advanced domino mask.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZnWKC5XP/83faed0070bdbbc3176749ad1e477cee.jpg

Black Cat laughed. "Oh man you guys are just way too nice." She stood back up and handed Chameleon the ARC Reactor. "What are you planning to build with this thing though? A fleet or Iron-Ripoffs?"

"No. Nobody can ever top Stark's work. May he rest in peace." Chameleon replied and accepted the Arc Reactor as a masked scientist walked up next to him and placed it in another case. "So we're going to be looking to make something bigger. Let me ask you something Black Cat: Do you have any idea what happened at The Avengers Compound that day?"

She shrugged. "Not a clue. All I know is there was a huge battle and then Iron Man died and Black Widow disappeared."

"Exactly. So we're going to preparing for the worst. Sorry but that's all I'm allowed to tell you. Would you like a drink though? We have a rec room all set up if you would like to relax."

"Sure. It'll take me a while to count all this anyway." Black Cat joked. "Lead the way."

Harry Osborn relaxed in his seat while watching all of this on the monitors. Everything was going according to plan. Soon the S-Series Mechas would be operational and from there they could work on mass production for world protection. Nobody knew the truth of what happened at The Avengers Compound but anything strong and scary enough to kill two Avengers and wound the others was not be underestimated. The World needed a response team and Oscorp was going to be ready to answer the call.

The Slayer Mechs were only one piece of the puzzle of course. Otto's reactor experiments was the second piece. Followed of course by Curt leading the charge in Cross-Species Genetics and last, but certainly NOT the least, was Oscorp's research into Super Soldiers. Not only would the world be more than ready for whenever the next space attack came by but they would be facing it with a clean, free, renewable energy source for all mankind. He turned off the monitors and stood up adjusting his suit.

It was time to go thank Felicia in person.

https://i.postimg.cc/FRtXH6PC/eb7dbbd484ce02af64c7fe4eb47e9f57.jpg

:rofl:

What is this I'm seeing? Smart characters? Serious moments? Consequences to actions! Oh yeah not only is this Spider-Man true to form but you do get a classic Marvel Comics feel to it.

Valhalla Erikson wrote:

What is this I'm seeing? Smart characters? Serious moments? Consequences to actions! Oh yeah not only is this Spider-Man true to form but you do get a classic Marvel Comics feel to it.

You know it man Taking elements of Peter's universe from the MCU and running with them while building our own foundation with some real consequences.  :glasses:

You are here » World of Paragons » Marvelous » Spider-Man: A Tangled Web